What's new

Skarlet top 5?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Scar is simply amazing. And your Skarlet is awesome as well L0rdoftheFLY However, maybe it's Kitana or maybe her representatives, but we do tend to do well against Skarlet players. I took out Ninj at Evo and you mentioned how you have fallen to Kitana at a few tourneys. Either way, good tournament for Skarlet for sure! Great job guys!

AssassiN

Noob
That's all i needed to hear.
Amen.

@Scar
Awesome job man, you made 3rd place at a major with her. Biggest accomplishment with her so far, chat was blowing up about your performance.
One thing that bugged me was your roll-up punishes, going for AA 212 instead of AA U3 or grounded F31 and get 40-45% instead of 20-25%.

L0rdoftheFLY
I've been wanting to see this thread for a long time as well, though there are still a few unbelievers out there.
Good performance with your Skarlet btw, just kind of surprised you lost against a Kenshi player since you train with the best Kenshi player out there.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Amen.

@Scar
Awesome job man, you made 3rd place at a major with her. Biggest accomplishment with her so far, chat was blowing up about your performance.
One thing that bugged me was your roll-up punishes, going for AA 212 instead of AA U3 or grounded F31 and get 40-45% instead of 20-25%.

L0rdoftheFLY
I've been wanting to see this thread for a long time as well, though there are still a few unbelievers out there.
Good performance with your Skarlet btw, just kind of surprised you lost against a Kenshi player since you train with the best Kenshi player out there.
THIS^ I was shocked that he lost to a Kenshi considering he has Pig to practice with...apparently Kenshi is like snowflakes and assholes...their all different! ;)

AssassiN

Noob
I'm not gonna go to crazy with this and say that she is 6-7th right now, just so I can avoid all the bashing until more top Skarlet placings occur.

Oh yeah, forgot one thing:
2013 is Skarlet's year.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
top 5-10 .... need to see more great Skarlet players as Scar in more majors ..... let's see until Evo to have a better understanding and opinion about dear Skarlet.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'm not gonna go to crazy with this and say that she is 6-7th right now, just so I can avoid all the bashing until more top Skarlet placings occur.

Oh yeah, forgot one thing:
2013 is Skarlet's year.

People place Kabal 1st despite only one Kabal that's outta this world and a handful of good/great Kabals.

People throw Sonya into top 5 despite her rarely getting top 3s.

People put Cyrax top 3/5 despite him NEVER winning a major.

Placement in tournaments has nothing to do with where a character should be on a "top" list.

AssassiN

Noob
People place Kabal 1st despite only one Kabal that's outta this world and a handful of good/great Kabals.

People throw Sonya into top 5 despite her rarely getting top 3s.

People put Cyrax top 3/5 despite him NEVER winning a major.

Placement in tournaments has nothing to do with where a character should be on a "top" list.
I agree with that 100%, however every time someone tries to say "Skarlet is top 5-10" people respond with "when did Skarlet win a major?".
Every...freaking...time.

And after that the discussion is over for those people.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
top 5-10 .... need to see more great Skarlet players as Scar in more majors ..... let's see until Evo to have a better understanding and opinion about dear Skarlet.
This is off topic but what country are you from? Always wondered lol.

Also I think Skarlet is somewhere in the top 10. Really impressive performance by Scar.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
This is off topic but what country are you from? Always wondered lol.

Also I think Skarlet is somewhere in the top 10. Really impressive performance by Scar.
USA .... I'm from Arkansas, but I'm living in Brazil currently ....

And Skarlet is a top 10 character at the moment .... with potential to be more, once we have more skilled players dedicating to the character

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I agree with that 100%, however every time someone tries to say "Skarlet is top 5-10" people respond with "when did Skarlet win a major?".
Every...freaking...time.

And after that the discussion is over for those people.

Whatever, if that's all people can bring to the table in a debate about whose top then they can't formulate a concise argument of why she isn't. That's such a ridiculous criteria of rating a characters viability.

Edit: Put Kabal, or any of your "top 5" in Skarlet's place: Skarlet is the one that people have been picking up and doing well with. Then Kabal/whoever has an impressive showing at this tourney, are they not top 5 simply because they haven't won a bunch of shit?

Zoidberg747

USA .... I'm from Arkansas, but I'm living in Brazil currently ....

And Skarlet is a top 10 character at the moment .... with potential to be more, once we have more skilled players dedicating to the character
Lol cool, I always thought yautjared sounded foreign for some reason.

Skarlet is the one character in this game that still has a lot of potential to be tapped, at least in tourneys.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Lol cool, I always thought yautjared sounded foreign for some reason.

Skarlet is the one character in this game that still has a lot of potential to be tapped, at least in tourneys.

Yes she does, but to completely dismiss her or any character as a top 5/7 character because there's "not enough good players playing them" is a ridiculous argument in my eyes.

Zoidberg747

Yes she does, but to completely dismiss her or any character as a top 5/7 character because there's "not enough good players playing them" is a ridiculous argument in my eyes.
The problem is it is hard to know how things will really work out at a high level.

Some characters are great on paper but if you never get to see them in action, its hard to tell.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Skarlet, Sonya and Kitana are in the same boat, top 6-8 each having their unique strengths, weaknesses and advantages/uses.