What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
My Skarlet update using Eddy Wang's tips regarding spacing and scorpions spear ....went 3-1 against KL scorpions last night. Granted, only champion level on XBL, but baby steps.
All the rage salt XBL messages I get are from scorpion players calling out Skarlet lol.
I'm still too damn slow to properly punish the spear, but I sure as hell prevent 'em from teleporting.

I can't stop wondering what's the point of Blood Ritual tho. She does more dmg to herself than her opponent... by double. Never saw anyone using this ability. Really not sure why is it included in one of her variations.
Dude I've accidentally done that a time or two in the past when I've gotten nervous and mix my buttons up. Sucks.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Does anyone here know hoe the hell do youget her end of round taunt that makes her teleport with a blood rain? It's so good but it's nowhere to be found.
I completed all her towers and I opened the whole krypt about two times now but there's people who have it.

E

Eldriken

@EMPRESS_SunFire

Did you equip it under character settings?

My fave taunt is when she walks away from opponent with a trail of uprising tentacles. Makes me want to 300 foes into a pit. Blood boiling taunt in the fiercest of ways.
Taunts cannot be equipped or unequipped. Which one you use is randomized depending on whether your character remains stationary or makes space between you and your opponent.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Why do I struggle so much with this character? I feel like I depend too much on her zoning which is a no no in this game, but in the midrange, while her buttons are good.. I can't fucking dealing with the constant jumping. s2 is a good anti air but if it's down too low or too high the 44 link doesn't work, and 124 only works up close.
Up close it's a nightmare because I just have to use d1 and s1, which would be fine and dandy in any other NRS game but not this one where using highs are the forbidden gimmick.
@Eldriken can you spare some top tier Scarlet footage? Doesn't matter who, just someone who plays her optimally.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Because she's kinda wack at the moment

The poke situation is awful, most consistent anti air is F2 which is 13f 2 active frames and very low reward and what midrange when characters play footsies with fireballs
Fucking knew it. I was slowly but surely coming to the epiphany that she just sucked.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Because she's kinda wack at the moment

The poke situation is awful, most consistent anti air is F2 which is 13f 2 active frames and very low reward and what midrange when characters play footsies with fireballs
she really doesnt have any problem antiairing imo, her s1 or d1 for crosssups works consistent. I dont get why u say pokewar is awfull, she has a parry and her d1 is 7 frames besides that she has teleport aswell if u really dont wanna stay close.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
I can't stop wondering what's the point of Blood Ritual tho. She does more dmg to herself than her opponent... by double. Never saw anyone using this ability. Really not sure why is it included in one of her variations.
I use it to close out rounds when my opponent is fullscreen and they are on critical health. Situational but i've found it very useful to have.

Alright guys question. I've pretty much trained myself to never use d3 cuz it's trash but should I actually be using it? I found myself in situations last night vs laggy Kung Lao's where they would mash d3 at a range where my d1 couldn't counterpoke back, but my d4 was too slow (likely due to the lag). I feel like the range and faster startup of d3 would have helped me in those situations and at the very least I could have used my +3 to backdash and create space.

Does anyone here know hoe the hell do youget her end of round taunt that makes her teleport with a blood rain? It's so good but it's nowhere to be found.
I completed all her towers and I opened the whole krypt about two times now but there's people who have it.
The taunt you're talking about should be unlocked from the start, Skarlet is the only character that starts with 2 taunts instead of 3. Unfortunately very few players have noticed that, so people at NRS probably have no idea that it's not possible to unlock that taunt and the Boiling Point brutality.

Masta

Noob
They could reduce startup, but at this moment that is too slow to be a relevant skill. It's just a waste of Gear slot .

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
There is a tower on at the moment (on the PC version at least) where you can unlock a taunt called "blood port"

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey guys, i might actually abandon you for Nightwolf in the future, Skarlet is a fun character to play and use, but at the same time i get this feeling that there are tools on her arsenal that should've been better, her combo could do a little rework too.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Hey guys, i might actually abandon you for Nightwolf in the future, Skarlet is a fun character to play and use, but at the same time i get this feeling that there are tools on her arsenal that should've been better, her combo could do a little rework too.
sooo.. she sucks? Honestly, she sucks. Her tools are super good on paper but in practice she's just obsolete.
What would you change about her?