What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

Two questions, one simple and one not:

Is f2~blood ball pressure legit? People really seem to struggle with it, but it feels a little fraudulent.

Second, has Skarlet got advanced tech to be dug into? Her move set is simple, but I see some signs in the frame data that she might have shenanigans and frame traps I’m not seeing yet. Specifically with teleport, blood ball, and blood trail.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Two questions, one simple and one not:

Is f2~blood ball pressure legit? People really seem to struggle with it, but it feels a little fraudulent.

Second, has Skarlet got advanced tech to be dug into? Her move set is simple, but I see some signs in the frame data that she might have shenanigans and frame traps I’m not seeing yet. Specifically with teleport, blood ball, and blood trail.
F2 blood ball its not legit, but it has its uses, the purpose is you can use blood ball when you read someone is going to flawless block your next string, since it starts slower you end up being plus instead, however F2~Blood Ball is a guaranteed hit in the corner, so does B3~Blood ball, its +29 on hit and you can use to start mixups with B2, B3, throws and even 44 pressure.

She doesn't have anything too advance, her gameplan its just simple and straight forward, Skarlet is all about frustrating characters with zoning, and once they enter mid range you start whiff punishing, she doesn't have crazy setups or game breaking tech, but you can set mixes with b4, B2, and throws to start setting up your crushing blows, when this happen opponent might start behave differently after every hit.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
ok, what in the actual fuck is skarlet supposed to do vs scorpion? scorp literally needs to do nothing and trying to get into footsie range doesn't seem lie a viable strategy either. just teleports on reaction to every blood projectile. mu feels pretty pointless unless i'm missing something.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
ok, what in the actual fuck is skarlet supposed to do vs scorpion? scorp literally needs to do nothing and trying to get into footsie range doesn't seem lie a viable strategy either. just teleports on reaction to every blood projectile. mu feels pretty pointless unless i'm missing something.
I think you should be able to parry Scorpion’s teleport. Seems fair enough, considering he seemingly has like no bad matchups.

VS Scorpion tbh I just don’t pick Skarlet lol

Darumm

Noob
You have to set up your projectiles, if you get a knockdown you can start using the tongue, it will hit them at the start of the teleport and make them more cautious with it, when they start doubting you can start using the projectiles and bait the teleport
Don't forget the parry and the rolls.

I usually try to bait and punish against him

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
Yeah, sort of feels like that most of the time.
Don't think of zoning whenever your up against him, land hard knock down; then oki any projectile to bait port if anything.
Mid to long screen game seems to be where skarlet shines the most against him.

Parry is usefull, you can also see if DB2 on oki works on certain situations when they just duck under it and you follow it up with another bloodball. some of the times he'll land right into it.

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
Also made this vs Liu, her jumping arc gets higher if you use her jump in 1. Short Hop can be used in this instance as well, just finding a use for the mechanic out side of baiting wake ups.

Regarding customs: is there a consensus on Retch-Rebution vs. Boiling Point? I've been running Cell Siphon/Dagger Dance/Bloodport for a while now, but find myself using Siphon less and less.

At the moment I'm just drawn to Boiling Point because of how savage it looks.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Regarding customs: is there a consensus on Retch-Rebution vs. Boiling Point? I've been running Cell Siphon/Dagger Dance/Bloodport for a while now, but find myself using Siphon less and less.

At the moment I'm just drawn to Boiling Point because of how savage it looks.
Cell Siphon is much better than either boiling point or Retch, imo

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
Since Foxy shed some light on Skarlets Fireball Plus frames full screen, I went ahead and did the specific strat he showed on stream. I'm pretty sure this was known (atleast I did) but nevertheless the vid is there.

Can we talk about how fucking awesome the taming tentacles end of round taunt is? I’ve played this game a good bit and never even saw it until like two days ago. Seems like there are different occurrence rates for different taunts.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently, does ANYBODY know about this ?Question mark? Thought id make a video on it OH and please give me pointers on how to be a better Skarlet. Thank ya kindly ;)

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Just played a Sonya that parried every single gap, so I had to rely on F2 tongue a LOT. What do you guys do when her gaps are exploited? I’ve been incorporating 44 in my pressure, but I’m not sure its enough.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Just played a Sonya that parried every single gap, so I had to rely on F2 tongue a LOT. What do you guys do when her gaps are exploited? I’ve been incorporating 44 in my pressure, but I’m not sure its enough.
F4 stagger into throw works. U gotta change up your gameplan completely and play keepaway when you have the lead. If Sonya tries to zone you, blood trail is your new best friend because i found out that move actually low profiles in projectile wars giving you the advantage to make people play YOUR game.

No discussions about how Mr EddyWang's and SonicFox's opinions about her variations differ? I think she needs the parry, Sonic thinks her slow ball is broken op...

No discussions about how Mr EddyWang's and SonicFox's opinions about her variations differ? I think she needs the parry, Sonic thinks her slow ball is broken op...
I'd call it matchup- and player-dependent. If, based on your style and opponent, you expect to be playing fairly defensively and fighting off pressure, Heart Pierce is your bag. You'll need that parry and teleport. If you play a more passive-aggressive pressure style yourself, and you want to be marching your opponent to the corner, you'll want the space control of Blood Drive.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I'd call it matchup- and player-dependent. If, based on your style and opponent, you expect to be playing fairly defensively and fighting off pressure, Heart Pierce is your bag. You'll need that parry and teleport. If you play a more passive-aggressive pressure style yourself, and you want to be marching your opponent to the corner, you'll want the space control of Blood Drive.
BOOM! Pretty much this. Going up against the likes of Jax, Sonya, Jacqui anybody who is a high pressure character Heart Pierce is the one.

Still trying to figure out how Blood Drive would be good against. Im guessing against Scorpion, Cassie, and maybe even Geras. Im gonna try those matchups and find out :)