What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
The teleport variation has a move that lets you sacrifice some life to take some of the opponent but the startup is suuuper slow and it takes so long to take a couple of percent (5% at max I believe and Skarlett takes 10%). I honestly never used it once, but I guess it could be usefull in last breath situations, since it can ignore it...? Anyone ever tried this move at all?

I started playing my first online matches this week, and have actually won more than I expected. But holy moly do I not have a clue what to do when I'm being pressured. It doesn't help that I can never seem to get my defensive rolls working online, so when I'm in the corner against a decent player I feel like I may as well just lay down and die.

I did finally get my preferred Skarlet outfit from the RNG shrine, though. So at least I look my best while I'm getting bodied!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
The teleport variation has a move that lets you sacrifice some life to take some of the opponent but the startup is suuuper slow and it takes so long to take a couple of percent (5% at max I believe and Skarlett takes 10%). I honestly never used it once, but I guess it could be usefull in last breath situations, since it can ignore it...? Anyone ever tried this move at all?
I actually remembered i had this move mid match lol. It was against a Sub player and I had to the life lead but he was crouch blocking full screen. So i did the blood ritutal move and all of a sudden FINISH HIM appeared. I laughed my fucking ass off! And got it recorded ;)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently, I randomly caught Sylver Rye's stream last night and he was labbing his Liu Kang vs Skarlet's corner pressure. I have to say....its fucking scary how Liu can basically shut her shit down up close!

First it F2 x Blood ball in the corner, Liu can interrupt with a couple of options. Im not gonna say what, but know HE can punish your ass in between that cancel. At least a smart Liu Kang can. Found out the best option to keep him in the corner is 124 x DB4 to keep the pressure because the block stun wont allow him to do shit besides....just block. He can flawless block the 3rd hit, but the stun of that move wont allow him to U3 or U2 unless u have very very strict timing but he couldnt pull it off.

Best advice against Liu Kang.....keep a mid range distance at best! Do NOT get up close at all!

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Apparently, I randomly caught Sylver Rye's stream last night and he was labbing his Liu Kang vs Skarlet's corner pressure. I have to say....its fucking scary how Liu can basically shut her shit down up close!
I'm not surprised. She has very weak defensive pokes, her d3 and d4 are slow with basically no hit advantage

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I'm not surprised. She has very weak defensive pokes, her d3 and d4 are slow with basically no hit advantage
True. Im trying to figure out whats the better poke because D3 seems a tad bit faster but with long recovery. D4 seems a bit slower but more pushback it seems. I just opt for either B3 or D1.

Raider

Noob
I need help/advice with picking Skarlet's 3rd ability for my custom variation.
I decided to go with teleport and Cell Siphon. But i am not sure about 3rd ability. For now i went with Krimson Shield. Any advice?

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I need help/advice with picking Skarlet's 3rd ability for my custom variation.
I decided to go with teleport and Cell Siphon. But i am not sure about 3rd ability. For now i went with Krimson Shield. Any advice?
THE PARRY! It looks like her block stance, so it fools loads of people, you can stuff gaps, and amplified regenerates health!

I wouldn’t use cell siphon though, it leaves the opponent at a range where Skarlet’s weaknesses are exposed, and her gameplan after siphon is really predictable

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Is it me or sometimes her party doesn't come out /activate after a knockdown or sometimes in general? Am I missing something? Because I literally make some hard reads at times but it's like the party didn't wanna work. :(

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
also made this, description in the video has some notes.
Off course this is a very technical way of going about this MU, but I do think that it can be applicable. Specially when the opponent is just throwing it out.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Controversial(?) opinion:

The purple and black versions of her skins all look way better the others including default red.

They really make her hair “pop” visually and they don’t have that irksome off-color multi-red clashing she generally has going on.

The white black and red versions are easily 2nd though for the same reasons plus all the extra noticeable blood stains during and after the fight that suit the character.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
also made this, description in the video has some notes.
Off course this is a very technical way of going about this MU, but I do think that it can be applicable. Specially when the opponent is just throwing it out.

That's a full dash, impressive, she recovers pretty quick from it even though she doesn't cover as much distance.

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
That's a full dash, impressive, she recovers pretty quick from it even though she doesn't cover as much distance.
If anything does are micro steps of a missed timed air projectile. I'm just trying to shed light that his air fireball isn't by any means imposible to overcome like I've been hearing lately. (Not here, but overall anybody I talk about it)

The jump in one was the better one. This also works with amp ver