What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
When I messed around with Skarlet, I was trying to see if I could find alternatives to ending in BF4. I liked it for the health boost, but didn't find the advantage on hit all that great, and I didn't wanna be to close anyways! So I started ending the traditional 212 combo in F4 xx Blood Ball, and I liked the results I got. Since you either have to delay getup or tech roll, the player has to conscientiously choose to do that or else they get up right into the ball, have it blocked and you are at massive advantage to do whatever.

If they do delay getup, no sweat, you can get your space back. If they tech roll, they're still at a disadvantage: backwards will still have the ball relatively close to them, and forward can be thrown when you see it if you're good.

Here's me using it in a match w/MortySeinfeld

https://twitter.com/KingHippo42/status/1106817738440269825?s=20

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
When I messed around with Skarlet, I was trying to see if I could find alternatives to ending in BF4. I liked it for the health boost, but didn't find the advantage on hit all that great, and I didn't wanna be to close anyways! So I started ending the traditional 212 combo in F4 xx Blood Ball, and I liked the results I got. Since you either have to delay getup or tech roll, the player has to conscientiously choose to do that or else they get up right into the ball, have it blocked and you are at massive advantage to do whatever.

If they do delay getup, no sweat, you can get your space back. If they tech roll, they're still at a disadvantage: backwards will still have the ball relatively close to them, and forward can be thrown when you see it if you're good.

Now this has me thinking that getting the ability to amplify the blood ball (cant remember the name) and slow it down could be very effective if used in this way...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
100+ matches in i feel like its strike/stagger/throw then get full screen... My game plan is wiff punish first, zone second and if i get a combo its to reset neutral to repeat
Wassup Peezy!

Ya this is where I'm at too. Anyone playing her different? This is exactly the gameplan I'm falling under too now.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
B34, 124xxCell Ciphon.

That's my low starter corner combo so far. It's hard to open people up with the 212 string and she doesnt have an overhead starter (at least I dont think????)

Speaking of cell ciphon. GREAT move! It saved my ass in a few games last night.

Last edited:

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
B34, 124xxCell Ciphon.

That's my low starter corner combo so far. It's hard to open people up with the 212 string and she doesnt have an overhead starter (at least I dont think????)

Speaking of cell ciphon. GREAT move! It saved my ass in a few games last night.
The timing's tight, but I've been able to get B34, 212, 124xxCell Siphon in the corner. Looks pretty snazzy.

Looks like they have balanced kustom variations in mind, for example cell siphon can’t be combined with boiling blood (I think that’s what it’s called) and her other move I don’t remember the name of, even though all of them take up 1 slot. And amplifing her blood ball takes up 2 slots. So it is hard to have broke combinations of abilities)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
People are saying Skarlet has crazy damage. What is it coming from?
I would also like to know this. This 46% midscreen no KB needed damage is starting to sound like an exaggeration unless I actually see it now. I've looked everywhere.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
New tech, equip Skarlet's reversal, play with the back in the foreground. then do db and hold 1.

The animation of the regular block is similar to the parry, its actually hard to tell which one is which, so hack away

E

Eldriken

I would also like to know this. This 46% midscreen no KB needed damage is starting to sound like an exaggeration unless I actually see it now. I've looked everywhere.
Watch, it probably requires a Fatal Blow. =P

I just don't see the combo potential. She doesn't have any specials that extend combos that I've seen.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard

Now this has me thinking that getting the ability to amplify the blood ball (cant remember the name) and slow it down could be very effective if used in this way...
If you're not using CS to restand after 212 212 44 the do 212 212 4db4. It knocks the opponent fullscreen and you get a free db4u check on wakeup that stuffs Scorpion's teleport.

Actually, my whole gameplan around fighting Scorpion is to knock him down with db4, check him on oki then wait for a teleport to punish. Good players will work their way in but Skarlet controls the pace.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Since i can't really play its up to you guys to get the most findings i'm counting on you. Give me everything you like or dislike about her and how you felt, if you can record matches will be even better.

Here is some things i wanted to try myself but you guys are going to have to do it for me for now, expecting feedbacks on these.

1. Walkspeed, evaluate how good it is, and if its faster than the other 2.
2. Dash forward, evaluate how fast it is, how far it travels and how early it recovers
a) Test by try to mash away forward, to get multiple dashes in. Dash under jumps if you read them, see how helpful it is
3. Do the same for backdashes
a) Use it to escape after you block d1s, see how helpful it goes.

4. Use standing 4 to anti-air, and standing 1, which one gets you the most results, try to convert short combos from both, see if you can.
5. She has a whip that covers the air can't remember the command but ends with a low, test the whip as AA.
6. Is her fatal blow a throw?
7. Don't jump over high projectiles, anticipate and use bloodtrail its supposed to high crush high projectiles

Will had more when i know more.
- F2 (the whip) is godlike as an AA.
- Fatal Blow is not a throw, just a grab looking animation
- Blood trail can go under projectiles

Haven't used dashes cause her walk speed is great.

What I don't like:

- all D1 seems to give you is another D1. Most of her strings get poked under after you land a D1.
- combos seem limited, but granted I don't have training mode. So if anyone has something better than:
212, 212, F2 Cell Siphon, please let me know.

Skarlet looks sooo good. I love that parry tho. The parry is healing Skarlet right?
Good gameplay man keep it up!! :D
Parry heals when you amplify it.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
212, 212, 44 Cell Siphon gets you more damage, but doesn't leave them next to you and is a bit tight in terms of cancelling the 44.

Also, I love that she has three moves that can heal her. Of course, that will only really matter in tournament play if custom variations are a thing. Time will tell...and I hate the wait, lol.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
@KingHippo, yeah, I figure for Skarlet the way to go is either end as I mention above or with Blood Ball for continued pressure like old school Reptile. Thanks for the share. The only other one would be ending in her straight projectile (can't remember the name) to get health back if you need and don't have Cell Siphon equipped.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Combos I've been using:

Mid-screen:
  • 124 * Cell Syphon (+L1)
  • 212 * 212 * 124 * Cell Syphon (+ L1)
  • 212 * 212 * 4 * Cell Syphon (+ L1)
Corner:
  • B34 * 212* 124* Cell Syphon (+ L1)
  • 212* 212* 124* Cell Syphon (+ L1)
Fatal Blow Combo: No joke, this saved my ass a million times
  • 212 * 212 * R2+L2
Corner FB:
  • B34 * 212 * 212 * R2+L2

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Combos I've been using:

Mid-screen:
  • 124 * Cell Syphon (+L1)
  • 212 * 212 * 124 * Cell Syphon (+ L1)
  • 212 * 212 * 4 * Cell Syphon (+ L1)
Corner:
  • B34 * 212* 124* Cell Syphon (+ L1)
  • 212* 212* 124* Cell Syphon (+ L1)
Fatal Blow Combo: No joke, this saved my ass a million times
  • 212 * 212 * R2+L2
Corner FB:
  • B34 * 212 * 212 * R2+L2
thank you

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
does anyone know the exact amount on her health regen because it feels like she can get like 20% something extra health a round. plus the ex parry looks like it regains like 8% on her own

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
does anyone know the exact amount on her health regen because it feels like she can get like 20% something extra health a round. plus the ex parry looks like it regains like 8% on her own
it's hard to tell exactly, but it's a loooot for sure. siphon and parry are both pretty close to 10%, maybe a little less, and i wanna say amplified bloodshot gets about 5%? the amount of life she gets to work with is honestly kinda nuts.

Kinda related, has anyone figured out the requirements for KB amplified parry? I've been landing it a bunch but haven't hit the KB yet. I want that extra damage >_>

is the fatal blow a grab or not ?!
Nope, it's just a really short range hit.