What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Heart Pierce is what I feel would work for my playstyle. I lose the restand but the blood port is too good. I can always use db1amp or bf2amp for health regen.

Heart Pierce is what I feel would work for my playstyle. I lose the restand but the blood port is too good. I can always use db1amp or bf2amp for health regen.
Oh so bf2 amp is also available for heart piece. Thats nice as she still can regen on hit. :) Not just the parry.

I am curious about blood port. It was said too slow and big revovery - but probably be able to use strategically.

I cant wait the release and see if she fits to me or not. I prefer defensive footsies game with not too much zoning - zoning which is just enough to force a mistake in neutral.

Last edited:

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Oh so bf2 amp is also available for heart piece. Thats nice as she still can regen on hit. :) Not just the parry.

I am curious about blood port. It was said too slow and big revovery - but probably be able to use strategically.

I cant wait the release and see if she fits to me or not. I prefer defensive footsies game with not too much zoning - zoning which is just enough to force a mistake in neutral.
IIRC bf2 is part of her base moves so yeah she should have it in both variations. Far blood port is where it's at and with so many zoners in this game I need that teleport.

IIRC bf2 is part of her base moves so yeah she should have it in both variations. Far blood port is where it's at and with so many zoners in this game I need that teleport.
I saw somewhere that it was said that this teleport was too slow and with too much recovery that it could not be used for counter-zone - for more of an escape from close to the corner (far port). But obviously better than nothing.
I always preferred scorpion's teleport against a projectile on reaction (MKX). :D

As I did not touch the game yet it is silly to tell anything so I rather wait and test it myself. Just getting more impatient...

E

Eldriken

To anyone who wants to beat this strategy.
Block F2, flawless block DB4, skarlet will be at -10 feel free to punish as you please.

Already tested and someone was crying it was broke
Can we do anything about it by not doing db4?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Well, at optimal f2 distance not many characters have something to punish -10 with)
This is also true. The slight pushback from it will help too.
You still lose advantage and turn regardless.
In the beta, i used to beat tongue maniac skarlets with flawless block into tongue, since they were so into auto pilot i ended up reversing zoning roles, expect this to hapen a lot in MK11

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Do you mean the f21 string which ends in a low? The gap between f2 and 1?! The string itself is safe on block , -5 if I remember correctly
But there is a 20f gap which anyone can pretty much interrupt, dunno how minus on block is though.

You still lose advantage and turn regardless.
In the beta, i used to beat tongue maniac skarlets with flawless block into tongue, since they were so into auto pilot i ended up reversing zoning roles, expect this to hapen a lot in MK11
It is ok. If you aren’t mindless, just block sometimes after a f2xxtoungue to see what they will do))
I can also do f2xxdb2, if you are trying to flawless block the tongue at max distance f2, you will have to wait for the ball to pass or block it, allowing another f2 check, still a lot of mind games.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
J
It is ok. If you aren’t mindless, just block sometimes after a f2xxtoungue to see what they will do))
I can also do f2xxdb2, if you are trying to flawless block the tongue at max distance f2, you will have to wait for the ball to pass or block it, allowing another f2 check, still a lot of mind games.
Just don't forget they can interrupt the gap with anything including a 7f jab which 90% of the cast has, so making the mixup slower will only beat flawless bock but jabbing out of it beats mostly everything else.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Again at max distance f2 not every character will have a move that will reach Skarlet through that gap.
the fastest move in the game is a jab, some characters have advancing special moves which starts faster than 20f for sure, 3 more days.

I hope there will be enough mindgame around her gaps it would be silly just ignoring her best strings against somebody who can punish it without any risk (and it would be even more silly to play against somebody who does not know it lol).
Probably it is not the case because then she would not really be tournament viable.

Parry can do that job and hopefully staggers.
We will find out soon.

Last edited:
Skarlet is my new darling. Usually a Scorpion main in every MK game I can get my hands on but damn is he shit in the current build.
She's got it all. Cheesy cancels like f+2>d,b+4, safe string with decent range into big damage that even I can hit confirm in 2,1,2 and big range neutral and wakeup annoyances in her b+4 and b+2. Top that off with her million annoying-ass projectiles and good looks.
Character is fire!

Did they nerf health regen?
I saw in a "pro fights" game that siphon did around 50 health regen.

I just checked a beta match and it was 70 regen.
Or is it not fixed but depends on other factor like opponent's health?
In the same set I saw 80 regen too (Skarlet had low health).
Interesting.

Last edited:
Really like her. Possible main. There is some good stuff finishing combos with amp slow ball for continued pressure specifically after 124 string. She is safe, good neutral buttons, one of a few with a plus advancing string and probably a top zoner in the game. Her tongue hits jade in glow. Gonna explore further but it will take a lot for me to get off the skarlet train.

Got to figure out how to deal with kabal jump saw. That might be the best projectile I have ever seen like it. Cetrion leaves a lot to be desired.

Really like her. Possible main. There is some good stuff finishing combos with amp slow ball for continued pressure specifically after 124 string. She is safe, good neutral buttons, one of a few with a plus advancing string and probably a top zoner in the game. Her tongue hits jade in glow. Gonna explore further but it will take a lot for me to get off the skarlet train.

Got to figure out how to deal with kabal jump saw. That might be the best projectile I have ever seen like it. Cetrion leaves a lot to be desired.
Playing around her gaps could be a problem where the parry can take a good part.
And that variation will not have the restand. But we can find another good combo ender like you said.
There is a lot to lab. :)

I will start with her and will see if she is boring or brainded or just fit to my playstyle. I like to dance with the opponent and she looks a good dancer. Projectile war is not me.

Playing around her gaps could be a problem where the parry can take a good part.
And that variation will not have the restand. But we can find another good combo ender like you said.
There is a lot to lab. :)

I will start with her and will see if she is boring or brainded or just fit to my playstyle. I like to dance with the opponent and she looks a good dancer. Projectile war is not me.
The 44 string has no gap but starts as a high. The f4e sting has a gap that can be perfect block punished.

The siphon stance is by far the better of the 2