What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Anyone have advice for the Kabal MU? Feels like I always end up getting bullied by his air projectiles and staggers.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
I'd like to know the same. I'm not good at the MU at all.
MU is garbage AF. Too angry to even discuss it.
Yeah, that sounds about right. Gives me flashbacks to the Grandmaster MU when I mained Johnny
This isn't my cleanest set, but it's a set against the best Kabal I've run into so far. It doesn't feel overly oppressive. I just have to keep in mind that I cant spam projectiles from full screen because he can punish with Nomad Dash similar to Catwoman and her catdash.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Dam her character specific killer blows suck everyone else get to do theirs in a kombo im stuck lookin like a fool tryin to land 3 b2's in a row lol
I hit 2 B2s in a row, whiffed the 3rd, got punished by a sweep, got up and landed another B2 and triggered the KB. There might be a time window to land all 3 so mix away.

pretty sure it only parries mid/high/overhead normals and strings.
Throws too.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Ive landed it it just feels janky to me lol also i had it happen between rounds too so i got 2 at the end of round one and started off with it in round 2 and got the kb

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Nice Spacing, remember, some guys like to hack away so as you are spacing correctly try to have that standing 2 ready most of the time.
For sure and thanks. There were several mistakes I made. With more time i should get really comfortable with her to the point where i dont have to think about the buttons I'm pressing.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
How does the Skarlet community feel about the gaps in some of her pressure string?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skarlet
1,2, (gap) 4 - last hit is flawless block punishable
B3, (gap) 4 - FB punish
F4, (gap )3 - FB punish
B1, gap) 2 - FB punish
B2 - FB punish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I only have been playing the character for so long and don't have any thoughts to contribute. I would just like to know all of yours.

FoughtDragon01

How does the Skarlet community feel about the gaps in some of her pressure string?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skarlet
B3, (gap) 4 - FB punish
F4, (gap )3 - FB punish
B1, gap) 2 - FB punish
B2 - FB punish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I only have been playing the character for so long and don't have any thoughts to contribute. I would just like to know all of yours.
I've only fought one person so far who seemed to have mastered the FB timing for 124, so that string was basically useless for the entire set. Probably the most frustrating set I've played to date.

For most people, I doubt that it'll matter since most won't even bother trying to Flawless Block, but in the upper echelon of play, it wouldn't surprise me if those gaps left Skarlet in a very rough place since those are nearly all of her useful buttons. With this talk of a Flawless Block OS as well, even staggering wouldn't help. You'd basically be forbidden from finishing any of those strings on block unless you want to eat a free 30%+ combo.

I probably won't have to deal with this myself since I'll be a scrub fighting against other scrubs, but I wonder how she'll perform in tournaments.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skarlet
B3, (gap) 4 - FB punish
F4, (gap )3 - FB punish
B1, gap) 2 - FB punish
B2 - FB punish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First thought is: if the opponent is waiting to FB then that means they are blocking and not mashing. Staggers and grabs will be prevalent. Also, if they FB and U2 they might whiff if you don't finish the string leaving them open for a punish. Lots of mind games :D

why does it seem like this character has every tool? some safe damaging easy bake oven string to launcher into restanding healing special. good buttons. decent zone. what seems to be the fastest fatal blow in the game next to barakas

FoughtDragon01

why does it seem like this character has every tool? some safe damaging easy bake oven string to launcher into restanding healing special. good buttons. decent zone. what seems to be the fastest fatal blow in the game next to barakas
Who do you main and what issues were you having while fighting her?

Just as a few general pointers:

1. Her main launcher, 212, is full combo punishable on block at -11, so any standing 1 combo starter should do the trick to make her second guess. If she just staggers with 21, then it's your turn to start your pressure.

2. Speaking of her 212 string, it has a LOT of range to it, so if you're going to throw out a button, make damn sure it doesn't whiff.

3. If Skarlet does catch you in her 212 BnB, don't breakaway immediately. Instead, wait for the 44, then breakaway, as this is when most Skarlets cancel into her Siphon. Last I checked, you have enough time to file your taxes before she finishes recovering from that.

4. Similarly, her Blood Tentacle takes a while to recover as well. Not as much as Siphon, but if you can manage to make it whiff (usually with a well-timed jump), you'll have plenty of time to close the distance, or even throw out a full screen punish (i.e, Scorp's teleport, Kabal's Dash).

I can't think of anything else right now, tired as sin at the moment.

Last edited:
Who do you main and what issues were you having while fighting her?

Just as a few general pointers:

1. Her main launcher, 212, is full combo punishable on block at -11, so any standing 1 combo starter should do the trick to make her second guess. If she just staggers with 21, then it's your turn to start your pressure.

2. Speaking of her 212 string, it has a LOT of range to it, so if you're going to throw out a button, make damn sure it doesn't whiff.

3. If Skarlet does catch you in her 212 BnB, don't breakaway immediately. Instead, wait for the 44, then breakaway, as this is when most Skarlets cancel into her Siphon. Last I checked, you have enough time to file your taxes before she finishes recovering from that.

4. Similarly, her Blood Tentacle takes a while to recover as well. Not as much as Siphon, but if you can manage to make it whiff (usually with a well-timed jump), you'll have plenty of time to close the distance, or even throw out a full screen punish (i.e, Scorp's teleport, Kabal's Dash).

I can't think of anything else right now, tired as sin at the moment.
How do you delete someone else's post? Just kidding friends =)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
She does almost the same thing she did in MK9, but withing MK11 rules, so that's intended.

But she has very obvious weakness, If you flawless block her specials her disadvantage increases so she can't use it relentless, it s a good way to counterzone Skarlet players specially the ones that zone often.

Her highs are duckable and her strings are minus which means her turn is bound to end if she start staggering as much.

Basically every correct read you do backfires for her depending on how she plays.
Up close she has the worse pokes in the game, slow and minus enough to not allow her to start pressure without much respect.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skarlet
B3, (gap) 4 - FB punish
F4, (gap )3 - FB punish
B1, gap) 2 - FB punish
B2 - FB punish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those are no biggie.
Standard Skarlet 101, always use dagger stance on your arsenal, on top of being helpful up close, it makes those gaps much scary to stuff.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Is it known that if you FLB a special move that is multi-hitting, it will FLB all hits if you hold block after the one FLB??? I was practicing them, and was trying to double FLB on Baraka's fireball AMP, until I realized I FLB both fireballs after just one FLB. I wonder how this is applied on the first hit of say a 3-string?

At 1:29 and 1:37 you see it. So this would FLB all those multi hitting specials, gunshots, etc that are in the game with one successful FLB.
What happened at 1:22? Ye flawless blocked the first spark, but got hit by the second? Did you let go of block kompletely?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Those are no biggie.
Standard Skarlet 101, always use dagger stance on your arsenal, on top of being helpful up close, it makes those gaps much scary to stuff.
Basically just counter in between the gaps if you think your opponent will attempt to poke afterwards?