What's new

Question Skarlet Changes in Patch?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
No comment
I'm not sure why you believe Skarlet's slideslashing and dashslashing isn't a true 50/50 mixup. The enemy can block low and be hit by a dash-downslash, or they can block high and be hit by a slide-upslash. How is that not a 50/50 mixup?

Past

Noob
I'm not sure why you believe Skarlet's slideslashing and dashslashing isn't a true 50/50 mixup. The enemy can block low and be hit by a dash-downslash, or they can block high and be hit by a slide-upslash. How is that not a 50/50 mixup?
"A low to high string can really catch people off guard. Once they start anticipating it, go for the red dash > downslash instead."

My mistake. I read that as red SLIDE into downslash. I got confused at the moment.

And yes that is a 50/50

RamenO

It Stinks!
Skarket

- more time between dagger cancels has been added

- first hit of dagger does 2% of damage

- back throw damage has been reduced to 11%

- slide into up / down slash have been removed

- Skarlet can dash and perform u+3
All of the nerfs are fair imo, except for the first kunai only doing 2% damage? What the hell? So unnecessary. Now she really can't trade any projectile with anyone, and I already believed her zoning to be fairly mediocre in comparison to other members of the cast only really useful as a meter building tool. Now it seems she will HAVE to get in to do damage more so than before.

Somberness

Lights
Official changes.
Skarlet
• Skarlet has an additional 10 frames before she can cancel out of her normal dagger toss.
• Skarlet can no longer 2in1 cancel out of her Slide attack from her Red Dash.
• Skarlet’s back throw now does normal damage.
• Skarlet can do her U3 (Lifting Leg) attack from a dash now.

Even I notice those 10 frames, seems overboard considering the damage was lowered too.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
XXZ said:
Official changes.
Skarlet
• Skarlet has an additional 10 frames before she can cancel out of her normal dagger toss.
• Skarlet can no longer 2in1 cancel out of her Slide attack from her Red Dash.
• Skarlet’s back throw now does normal damage.
• Skarlet can do her U3 (Lifting Leg) attack from a dash now.

Even I notice those 10 frames, seems overboard considering the damage was lowered too.
Yes, I agree.

She is average now.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Creepy00 said:
So is there a point in picking her up? :/
I'll test her out extensively when the patch hits the PS3. Dagger cancels are 10 frames slower and do 1% less damage, so things do not look good at the moment whatsoever. It seems to me like she's the most toned down character in this patch. She's going to have a lot of issues. The good news is that Stryker, Sindel, and Noob are all better. You can drop her and use them instead if you want to zone.

Ninj

I'm still owning with her - I'll be posting more videos to show this off (wins and losses, as they come)

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
So far the main annoying thing is that this change killed my two main bnb combos. You can't use 2,1,2 dagger cancel juggle nearly as reliably now as the timing to get the full 39% is just stupid tight and then doing her launch 2,3 dash, back 2, 2, dagger cancel 1,1,2 reset doesn't work anymore the cancel happens too late and you just land 1,1 with the 2 whiffing.

Anyone got a new reset combo? Or a new punish combo?

I know you can get a lot of damage off b+2, but I like f+3,1,2 because it's hit confirmable and you can make it safe with a dash slide.

I don't think she's terrible now but admittedly she isn't a zoner much anyone. You build some meter and ex dash in. Because you are not doing damage with your projectiles or locking down like you used to.

Also Ninj, online play is no way to judge a character in this game. It just isn't.

Ninj

So far the main annoying thing is that this change killed my two main bnb combos. You can't use 2,1,2 dagger cancel juggle nearly as reliably now as the timing to get the full 39% is just stupid tight and then doing her launch 2,3 dash, back 2, 2, dagger cancel 1,1,2 reset doesn't work anymore the cancel happens too late and you just land 1,1 with the 2 whiffing.

Anyone got a new reset combo? Or a new punish combo?

I know you can get a lot of damage off b+2, but I like f+3,1,2 because it's hit confirmable and you can make it safe with a dash slide.

I don't think she's terrible now but admittedly she isn't a zoner much anyone. You build some meter and ex dash in. Because you are not doing damage with your projectiles or locking down like you used to.

Also Ninj, online play is no way to judge a character in this game. It just isn't.
Never said it was. But you can still craft theory based on it. You can still do reset juggles with her - the timing isn't really all that different. I'll post some tutorials for people in the following week.

sad

Banned
I do not get why below average character is nerfed to the bottom tier. How about some balancing? Low starter? No, just nerfing. She has no mixup game, no projectile, no nothing. I guess this is good time to say good buy to Skarlet and Mortal Kombat. *goes to play Halo Reach*

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
I do not get why below average character is nerfed to the bottom tier. How about some balancing? Low starter? No, just nerfing. She has no mixup game, no projectile, no nothing. I guess this is good time to say good buy to Skarlet and Mortal Kombat. *goes to play Halo Reach*
Lol! Halo Reach, think that says it all?

Saying that, the nerf stick has been quite brutal to our Skarlet, but I'm up for dealing with it (after the wait for the patch is over for PS3 =/ ) I thought the cool down was to stop her dash cancelling into another dagger, but it affects here 212 dagger as well? So the infamous glitch was taken out after all, as I said in the other thread, not sure how I feel about that, but it's happened now so there you go. Glad to know Ninj isn't outright dropping her because of it haha, keep it up, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with her post patch!

Besides the throw obviously, was any of the rest of her damage reduced? Notes didn't say anything about it as far as I know. She still able to rack up 45+% off no bar?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
She is still a very capable character. I think people will start looking into her mind games more now, which is great.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
She is still a very capable character. I think people will start looking into her mind games more now, which is great.
this, i think with this patch EVERY character is now viable, still will have characters better than others, but ultimately everyone stands a chance now :)

Ninj

Lol! Halo Reach, think that says it all?

Saying that, the nerf stick has been quite brutal to our Skarlet, but I'm up for dealing with it (after the wait for the patch is over for PS3 =/ ) I thought the cool down was to stop her dash cancelling into another dagger, but it affects here 212 dagger as well? So the infamous glitch was taken out after all, as I said in the other thread, not sure how I feel about that, but it's happened now so there you go. Glad to know Ninj isn't outright dropping her because of it haha, keep it up, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with her post patch!

Besides the throw obviously, was any of the rest of her damage reduced? Notes didn't say anything about it as far as I know. She still able to rack up 45+% off no bar?
Skarlet is my baby. I'll be posting more about her in the coming days and weeks, along with more matchup videos against online ranked players (hopefully higher than TS35 players). There are some gems in the first video I posted under my "Analyze Me" thread for Skarlet tech that I'll use online matches to specifically outline, along with strats.

But for those who may be over-reacting to the added 10 frames of dagger cancelling, be at ease - I'll be showing you what Skarlet is capable of both in training and in real fights. She's still a beast, so stay tuned.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Never said it was. But you can still craft theory based on it. You can still do reset juggles with her - the timing isn't really all that different. I'll post some tutorials for people in the following week.
Yeah I mean I found a new reset but it's much less damage. Better to do 2,3 relaunch 2,3 slide instead.

I was planning on dropping kitana for her to start something new, something fresh that no one plays with. but now it;s a slim chance =[

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
A new reset? Post it. Pretty sure I've found all her resets, both impractical and otherwise.
Well I don't know that it's new new but I've been doing launch (either Downslash or f+3,2,Downslash) and then dash u+3 air dagger 1,1,2 red dash into mixup. It's much less damage than the old 2,3 Downslash 2 dagger cancel 1,1,2 but it's tricky and can be good for pressure. I wish you could connect it later than immediately after launching but it dies to gravity and the air dagger will whiff.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I didn't even want to say this but it's a shame they nerfed Skarlet's dagger game so much. I found that to be one of the most interesting parts of her gameplay. Now the daggers are mostly used for building meter and extending combos. I think it's a shame really.

I totally understand the Dagger Cancel nerf. It did make matchups lop-sided. However, why did they nerf the first dagger's damage to 2%. It was fine the way it was at 3% and it doesn't seem like a massive deal but it is, as you now have to throw 50 daggers to kill someone instead of 33. Couldn't they have reduced the second daggers damage to 3% instead?

Also, considering that the time in which you can cancel is longer, her first dagger should really do 1% on block to compensate.

Is there a reason at to why her back throw does 11% instead of 12%?

Skarlet was fine outside of the slide cancel glitch and the dagger cancel speed and they both got fixed. 1% extra for the dagger and bloodball on block would have evened her out. She's not bottom tier or anything, but she kinda got nerfed t a strange and unnecessary way.

ryublaze

Noob
Hey why can't Skarlet dash and do U+3, 4? She can only do U+3. Is this supposed to happen because I really think she should be able to do the whole combo.