What's new

Question Skarlet Changes in Patch?

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
I'm pretty disappointed they haven't made any changes to her since her release (quite a while ago now). But hopefully the upcoming patch (whenever that may be) will finally give us a more "final version" of Skarlet. I enjoy playing her but I've just been wanting to know what is worth using and what isn't as surely there will be changes coming up.

But anyway, my main point is that from what I've gathered from the rumoured patch notes, all there is for Skarlet is:
-More time added between being able to throw kunais if you cancel a kunai
-Throw damage reduction

Both fair changes, but does anyone know if that is it? Her damage is pretty high for no bar, although I suppose that's okay in that she has to start with the unsafe b2 to get there. But also, what about the weird red dash into slide into slash glitch. Is there any confirmation that that is definitely being taken out? Obviously it's not intended to be there because of the brutally strict timing. I haven't bothered teaching myself to do it consistently because I was under the impression it would be coming out (and it should, even though a combo off a slide is rather nice haha).

I guess no one will really know until the patch happens, but are there any people on this forum that have some insider information with this kind of thing?

Her damage is high for no bar but her X-ray is pretty useless. I think it does 27 damage, lol. Liu kang's does 30 and you can combo after it. No point in ever X-raying with skarlet right now. I dont know they made her back throws do so much damage.

RamenO

It Stinks!
Even if someone had "inside" knowledge I don't think it would be beneficial to them to spread around the news, unless already confirmed by NRS themselves.

On top of what you said I hear they are making her 2nd Kunai do push back on block rather than the first. I'd also venture to guess, like you, that the Red Dash Slide into Up/Downslash will be taken out as even NRS has stated(at least I think they did) that it's a glitch/bug.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Her damage is high for no bar but her X-ray is pretty useless. I think it does 27 damage, lol. Liu kang's does 30 and you can combo after it. No point in ever X-raying with skarlet right now. I dont know they made her back throws do so much damage.
There are definitely uses for Skarlet's XRay - a bit extreme to say it's useless.

Not sure what the point of this thread is. Don't wait to use Skarlet - use her as she is. Whenever they decide whatever changes they're making, use her then too. She is the character she is right now - why are you concerned about what she may or may not become? Do you see tournament-level players playing Kung Lao as if he's different than what he is right now?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
RamenO said:
Even if someone had "inside" knowledge I don't think it would be beneficial to them to spread around the news, unless already confirmed by NRS themselves.
Some of the nerfs (i.e., increased recovery between each dagger cancel, damage reduction on the 17% throw, etc.) have already been confirmed by Paulo Garcia, Colt on TYM, in the chatbox of the Tom Brady and Silent show. I also speak to a tester occasionally who tells me similar information. We'll see what will be finalized in terms of changes.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Her Xray is pretty awful (think it's 29% if you're right next to them when you do it). Looks great but that's it. It's not useless but I'd say it's pretty much just one of those last resort things to knock off those last pixels and preventing them from breaking while doing so. But saying that, who needs a great Xray when you don't need meter to knock out 45% anyway?

Not sure what the point of this thread is. Don't wait to use Skarlet - use her as she is. Whenever they decide whatever changes they're making, use her then too. She is the character she is right now - why are you concerned about what she may or may not become? Do you see tournament-level players playing Kung Lao as if he's different than what he is right now?
Don't get me wrong, I've been using her since she came out. She's my favourite out of all the DLC characters. It's just stuff like when you win a match because you did a 17% throw you think "I didn't really deserve that did I?" lol. Also if the glitch wasn't getting taken out I'd like to know so I could learn to to it consistently.

But cheers for the replies guys, been roaming TYM for a while before finally signing up the other day, but still didn't really know if anyone who was part of NRS' team posted around here occasionally. All I wanted to know really.

kandehbar

The Gryphon
i dont think the slide slash is a glitch i think they did that on purpose the execution for it is to critical for it to be a mistake

but i think she doesnt need any other changes beside the nerfs which were fair. She is still really good she just not the rush down character people wanted shes a zoner and a tech character. Rain is kinda like her in the fact that people wanted to use rain but dont since his learning curve is extremely high. The same applies for scarlet. Shes awesome you just need to put in more time with her

Her extra does little damage because its an over head and her high low mix ups are masterful. thats why they made the damage so low

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
When are said 'patches' coming? There's too damn many updates and changes to keep track of. I'm happy they are interested in making this game better and continuing to improve the product, but man, its tough to know whats coming when, and what was changed each time. Is there an official 'current patch notes' page on this website? That would be helpful.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Any word on u34 working after a dash? Seems like an obvious sure cire thing to me but you never know.....

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
i dont think the slide slash is a glitch i think they did that on purpose the execution for it is to critical for it to be a mistake

but i think she doesnt need any other changes beside the nerfs which were fair. She is still really good she just not the rush down character people wanted shes a zoner and a tech character. Rain is kinda like her in the fact that people wanted to use rain but dont since his learning curve is extremely high. The same applies for scarlet. Shes awesome you just need to put in more time with her

Her extra does little damage because its an over head and her high low mix ups are masterful. thats why they made the damage so low
The "slide slash" has been confirmed as being a glitch. It's just whether they'll be able to get rid of it is the question. This is red dash, then slide, then slash that I'm talking about btw. Not just red dash into a up/down slash because obviously that is key to her combos. I don't really understand how her high low mixups are "masterful" lol. You always just block high against her, all you'll occasionally eat is maybe the b4 part of b1,4,b4 or a slide. If you try get them to block low using these things then attempt a mixup with a down slash later, it's easy to see coming because down slash is so slow.

Ninj

The "slide slash" has been confirmed as being a glitch. It's just whether they'll be able to get rid of it is the question. This is red dash, then slide, then slash that I'm talking about btw. Not just red dash into a up/down slash because obviously that is key to her combos. I don't really understand how her high low mixups are "masterful" lol. You always just block high against her, all you'll occasionally eat is maybe the b4 part of b1,4,b4 or a slide. If you try get them to block low using these things then attempt a mixup with a down slash later, it's easy to see coming because down slash is so slow.
I'd absolutely love for you to block high all the time vs my Skarlet...You do know you eat a 35%+ combo off of a low hit vs Skarlet, right?

It's not even worth going into why what Gambit said is so wrong. There is an art to Skarlet's mixups - if you don't see that, you haven't played a Skarlet who can tell her head from her ass.

Ninj

-_____- Its definitely b1,1,b4 and then nothing has been said about patching slide into down/upslash which after the patch will probably be her best tool(if its kept in)
How about eating df3+4 df2 xx 212 daggercancel xx 23 df3 4 EXdb2? You'll occasionally eat that, too.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
-_____- Its definitely b1,1,b4 and then nothing has been said about patching slide into down/upslash which after the patch will probably be her best tool(if its kept in)
Yeah cheers, I couldn't remember the exact input, it's funny sometimes how it's muscle memory but you can't actually give the correct notations when asked without a pad to hand lol.

How about eating df3+4 df2 xx 212 daggercancel xx 23 df3 4 EXdb2? You'll occasionally eat that, too.
Yeah I know you'd eat that... if it wasn't a glitch that wasn't intended to be in the game. If it's still in post patch then fair play, that was kind of the point of the thread, asking if anyone had further confirmation of what is and isn't being changed. As I've said numerous times, I haven't bothered learning to do the glitch consistently because Paulo Garcia (who I learned today is apparently Colt on these forums) said that it wasn't meant to be there, so I'm assuming it will be taken out. If it's not taken out, I agree with Drayn0, it will be her best tool, 30+ off a low is awesome. But at the same time that's not how she was intended to work by the developers, so we'll have to wait and see as this thread confirms no one here has any further information on it.

I know if you can slide into up slash then that gives her a good mixup tool, but rather getting on the old high horse with phrases like "It's not even worth going into why what Gambit said is so wrong", as that helps no one better their Skarlet game, if you've got tips and knowledge, then why don't you shed some light on the artful mixups excluding the unintended slide into up slash starter?

Ninj

Yeah cheers, I couldn't remember the exact input, it's funny sometimes how it's muscle memory but you can't actually give the correct notations when asked without a pad to hand lol.

Yeah I know you'd eat that... if it wasn't a glitch that wasn't intended to be in the game. If it's still in post patch then fair play, that was kind of the point of the thread, asking if anyone had further confirmation of what is and isn't being changed. As I've said numerous times, I haven't bothered learning to do the glitch consistently because Paulo Garcia (who I learned today is apparently Colt on these forums) said that it wasn't meant to be there, so I'm assuming it will be taken out. If it's not taken out, I agree with Drayn0, it will be her best tool, 30+ off a low is awesome. But at the same time that's not how she was intended to work by the developers, so we'll have to wait and see as this thread confirms no one here has any further information on it.

I know if you can slide into up slash then that gives her a good mixup tool, but rather getting on the old high horse with phrases like "It's not even worth going into why what Gambit said is so wrong", as that helps no one better their Skarlet game, if you've got tips and knowledge, then why don't you shed some light on the artful mixups excluding the unintended slide into up slash starter?
Your logic almost makes sense, but fails. Slideslashing is not cheating by any stretch of the word - whether or not the developers "intended" for it to be in the game, it doesn't break the game nor does it give Skarlet is unfair advantage to the point where a skill-less Skarlet player can consistently win.

Last I heard from Paulo Garcia, being able to do a up/down slash after a Red Slide wasn't intended. I also heard they aren't able to "fix" it. What we've "heard" is completely legit - possibly there are mixed interpretations. The point is, until the patch comes through, Skarlet is what she is. Her moves are completely legitimate, as they were programmed in as a possibility. Will her slideslashing change? Will she be able to do Red Dash into up/down slash? Red Slide into up/down slash? Dash into u3,4? We don't know. Until we do know, I can explain to you how to play Skarlet properly as she is, or you can ask me how to play Skarlet properly but also put on limitations for no reason.

So which do you want? Sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding your logic and from there it's tough to figure out what you're asking for.

Ninj

Latest official update on Skarlet changes:

Skarlet

- 17% of damage reduced to 11% of damage on throw

Check the home page for my source, latest patch notes based on NRS stream with the latest version of the game on it.

We currently have no reason to believe that the upcoming patched version of Skarlet will not have slideslashing. Whether it's that they can't fix it or won't fix it is irrelevant.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
If it's in the game I'm going to do it lol. No one has provided evidence that it is a glitch anyway, they've just said that it was 'confirmed'.

A low into a overhead popup. It is like saying Kung Lao can combo a spin right after a low hat, except the spin is an overhead. This needs to be fixed, and so does that 17% back throw and the dagger cancel.

You shouldn't be able to do the slide AND the overhead at the same time. Only one or the other.
A Character shouldn't have a 17% throw. Full stop.
She shouldn't be able to do lock out enemies like that. I think the dagger throw requires more recovery frames.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
So which do you want? Sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding your logic and from there it's tough to figure out what you're asking for.
I never said it was cheating, it's just she wasn't supposed to have a low starter/tool for more damage/extra mixup tool, irrelevent whether it's so good that skill-less players can win with it. If it's still in the game post patch then fine, I accept it being in the game and I'll be using it myself. I understand where you're coming from with the idea of whether it's intended or not, it's there, but by that way of thinking, it's okay to for example use MK3 Cyrax to do stuff they took out of the game, they didn't mean it to be there, but it is. But anyway, my post was pretty simple. Just asking, assuming they take it out (I know we don't know and it's just as likely it will stay), where will it leave her mixup game. But obviously you don't care about hypathetical situations so whatever, I was just curious.

If it's in the game I'm going to do it lol. No one has provided evidence that it is a glitch anyway, they've just said that it was 'confirmed'.
Was going to say Paulo himself said so in this very forum, but I see Rathalos already got there before me! haha

A low into a overhead popup. It is like saying Kung Lao can combo a spin right after a low hat, except the spin is an overhead. This needs to be fixed, and so does that 17% back throw and the dagger cancel.

You shouldn't be able to do the slide AND the overhead at the same time. Only one or the other.
A Character shouldn't have a 17% throw. Full stop.
She shouldn't be able to do lock out enemies like that. I think the dagger throw requires more recovery frames.
Well the daggers and throw are confirmed to be fixed so no problem there. But I agree that the glitch is stupid, obviously the dash was designed for you to have a choice of what you do at the end, you can't have it all. If it's still in post patch then I will do it, but then if they keep it they should make as if it's actually a move she has, not some weird thing that you can abuse the system with if you time it absolutely perfectly.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?7125-Skarlet-Kombos&p=82380&viewfull=1#post82380

Colt said it was a glitch in this thread and would be removed.
I'm not sure where the info about them not being able to take it out came from, but that may be true since they haven't said anything about it since then.
Fair enough.

Quan chi has a low into an overhead popup, I guess they better remove that too.