What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro Matchup Discussion

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I'm honestly not sure how we outzone DS or NW... Ground blast may do less, but it comes out much faster, is safe on block (Meaning we can't punish his while he can punish any blocked projectile with a ground blast) and if he EXes it it combos back into itself to put him up in damage.

DS is another character who can punish all of our zoning options on block, but attempting to punish his zoning options leads to a trade in his favor.

Now admittedly, trait changes every matchup, but yeah.

Also, every Cyborg I've played against has rushed me down and used his ridiculous block advantage to stay in the game since he definitely gets outzoned hard.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
My Current Sinestro MU list, just for shits

Sinestro V Opponent
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5-5 Flash
7-3 Nightwing
5-5 Batman
8-2 Cyborg
6-4 Green Arrow
5-5 Superman
5-5 Raven*
2-8 Aquaman
6-4 Wonder Woman
5-5 Scorpion
7-3 Hawkgirl
6-4 Shazam
6-4 Green Lantern
4-6 Batgirl
6-4 Lobo
7-3 Joker
6-4 Harley
4-6 Grundy
7-3 Lex
6-4 Catwoman
5-5 Deathstroke*
6-4 Ares*
3-7 Killer Frost
4-6 Doomsday*
4-6 Black Adam
7-3 Bane
6-4 Zod
4-6 Martian Manhunter

* = currently working on / unsure
---------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to question my reasoning for certain MU numbers.
I agree with most of this, but i'd change Aqua to a 3-7 and Grundy to 5-5. I also think that Raven could be 4-6.

LEGEND

YES!
I agree with most of this, but i'd change Aqua to a 3-7 and Grundy to 5-5. I also think that Raven could be 4-6.
would you move Killer frost down to 4-6? cause idk how they could be considered equally bad, thats my only issue (but whatever, they are both terrible)

I really don't feel like Grundy is even after my last set with Tyrant

i have a fairly limited amount of experience vs Raven so you're probably right on that one

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
would you move Killer frost down to 4-6? cause idk how they could be considered equally bad, thats my only issue (but whatever, they are both terrible)

i have a fairly limited amount of experience vs Raven so you're probably right on that one
Meh, my feeling is that both of them take away his zoning. I'd actually say that Frost is worse because even with the lead, he can't really lame her out (Aqua is sort of screwed if he falls too far behind.) I did pretty well the last time I played Tyrant. Grundy is tough, but I feel like it is hard for both characters. He can't really stop trait charge without rushing in or committing to swamp hands. Also, WC and the cancels get blown up by NJP 1~axe.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
My Current Sinestro MU list, just for shits

Sinestro V Opponent
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5-5 Flash
7-3 Nightwing
5-5 Batman
8-2 Cyborg
6-4 Green Arrow
5-5 Superman
5-5 Raven*
2-8 Aquaman
6-4 Wonder Woman
5-5 Scorpion
7-3 Hawkgirl
6-4 Shazam
6-4 Green Lantern
4-6 Batgirl
6-4 Lobo
7-3 Joker
6-4 Harley
4-6 Grundy
7-3 Lex
6-4 Catwoman
5-5 Deathstroke*
6-4 Ares*
3-7 Killer Frost
4-6 Doomsday*
4-6 Black Adam
7-3 Bane
6-4 Zod
4-6 Martian Manhunter

* = currently working on / unsure
---------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to question my reasoning for certain MU numbers.
I STRONGLY feel zod beats sinestro

Id also say imo grundy 5-5, black adam 5-5, WW 5-5, arrow 5-5, nw 6-4 only

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

id say KF is now 4-6 as well and aqua only 3-7 at worst

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
id say KF is now 4-6 as well and aqua only 3-7 at worst
Idk man. I bitch about aqua alot but that's because i play a good one regularly. Frost forces you to get in ( with lol rushdown) and jump around like a fool. I do well against Frost players but i don't think any of them are as good as Bit.

LEGEND

YES!
Id also say imo grundy 5-5,
I did pretty well the last time I played Tyrant. Grundy is tough, but I feel like it is hard for both characters. He can't really stop trait charge without rushing in or committing to swamp hands. Also, WC and the cancels get blown up by NJP 1~axe.
I always felt Grundy was 5-5 until i played Tyrant again this past Friday

it also could have been that we were playing on atlantis, idk. He definitely leveled up in the MU and it feels like i have to put a lot more work in than before

He was also blocking the vortex every single time. . . along with people figuring out how to handle trait pressure and how to escape the "unblockable" i'm really starting to worry about Sinestro's future, like maybe hes only going to work against non top players

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I always felt Grundy was 5-5 until i played Tyrant again this past Friday

it also could have been that we were playing on atlantis, idk. He definitely leveled up in the MU and it feels like i have to put a lot more work in than before

He was also blocking the vortex every single time. . . along with people figuring out how to handle trait pressure and how to escape the "unblockable" i'm really starting to worry about Sinestro's future, like maybe hes only going to work against non top players
Yea it always gets harder to win as the game evolves. Sinestro's trait pressure will remain good because they constantly have to think before they move or attack. As sinestro players, I feel that we want them to try and play slower and wait out the trait. It lets us build meter and take chip.

man... lol i played a decent hawkgirl in tournment (of course in casuals i just blocked him the entire time)...

so in tournament i was d2'ing mace charge on reaction. after the match the dude flipped out. "u fucking scrub you played me before and didn't do that one time."

Yea it always gets harder to win as the game evolves. Sinestro's trait pressure will remain good because they constantly have to think before they move or attack. As sinestro players, I feel that we want them to try and play slower and wait out the trait. It lets us build meter and take chip.
or put those nikkas in the vortex and watch them squirm

Idk man. I bitch about aqua alot but that's because i play a good one regularly. Frost forces you to get in ( with lol rushdown) and jump around like a fool. I do well against Frost players but i don't think any of them are as good as Bit.
khaotix is... no really stupid slide attempts but he did test my reactions mid screen but ate a b3 meterburn. frost continues to be a very good character and limit sinestros options mid/full screen. once daggers start flowing and they have a life lead it is hard

any charcter that can punish shackles or impact full/3/4/midscreen forces sinestro to change it up. trait is of the utmost importance in these matches

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
khaotix is... no really stupid slide attempts but he did test my reactions mid screen but ate a b3 meterburn. frost continues to be a very good character and limit sinestros options mid/full screen. once daggers start flowing and they have a life lead it is hard
Yeah, Khaotikx really showed up this weekend and established himself as Frost of America. Anyways this MU is whoever blinks first. If she tries to slide while you are charging trait then you can MB b3 or jump back 1 into combo. If you make the wrong read, she can wait for you to finish your jump and then slide. It's shitty.

babalook

Noob
I STRONGLY feel zod beats sinestro
Why, I'm new to sinestro but Ive ran into some good Zods and I feel it's more of a 5-5. If sinestro has trait it can basically nullify Zod's trait. I also feel sinestro outzones him. Zod's lazer gun and zod charge do make trait charging more difficult.