What's new

Tech Sinestro General Tech Discussion

F4tal

Noob
what even is the mixup

you hit shackles, dash up and do f2 d1 or................?

what's stopping the opponent from just holding back when they get hit by the initial shackle? Why would you go for something like this when you have an ambiguious cross-up setup that leads to more damage?
What even is the mixup? You hit shackles, dash up, and do f2 d1 or? What's stopping the opponent from just holding back when they get hit by the initial shackle? Why would you go for something like this when you have an ambiguous cross-up setup that leads to more damage?*

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
What even is the mixup? You hit shackles, dash up, and do f2 d1 or? What's stopping the opponent from just holding back when they get hit by the initial shackle? Why would you go for something like this when you have an ambiguous cross-up setup that leads to more damage?*
I like how you didn't answer the question =]

So instead of actually giving a reason for why you go for this particular... thing when you land shackles, you're just going to dismiss it entirely? So you acknowledge that this is a pointless set-up that will only work against people that have absolutely no idea what Sinestro does or in ranked online? Do you just do F2D1 after a shackle hits for funsies or because the string looks cool?

I'm just asking for your reasoning as to why you would ever go for a set-up like this over the standard mix-up from shackles. If you're not going to seriously answer, then nevermind.

F4tal

Noob
So instead of actually giving a reason for why you go for this particular... thing when you land shackles, you're just going to dismiss it entirely? So you acknowledge that this is a pointless set-up that will only work against people that have absolutely no idea what Sinestro does or in ranked online? Do you just do F2D1 after a shackle hits for funsies or because the string looks cool?

I'm just asking for your reasoning as to why you would ever go for a set-up like this over the standard mix-up from shackles. If you're not going to seriously answer, then nevermind.
It apparently is somewhat useful if I somehow managed to hit it on Cowboy online. Yes that doesn't matter because it's online and I got bodied but I still did it. And no I won't give you my reasoning now because you and that ***** Wonder Chef decided to correct my grammar. You guys act like you are hot shit and that you know everything about every character when in reality you don't. I stated that I simply liked mixing it up by doing that I wasn't asking for anyone's opinion on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It apparently is somewhat useful if I somehow managed to hit it on Cowboy online. Yes that doesn't matter because it's online and I got bodied but I still did it. And no I won't give you my reasoning now because you and that ***** Wonder Chef decided to correct my grammar. You guys act like you are hot shit and that you know everything about every character when in reality you don't. I stated that I simply liked mixing it up by doing that I wasn't asking for anyone's opinion on it.
F4tal, watch your language man.

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
I am not so good at either fighting as or against Sinestro, and I can confirm that the F2D1xxshakles setup is almost useless... Don't ever use it again... Risk>Reward

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
There are much better setups than dash up f2 d1. There are dash up set ups that I use but they are more for planning ahead.