What's new

Tech Sinestro General Tech Discussion

babalook

Noob
what is sinestro's UB? Is it cross-up related because I think I might know it.
Also I think I have a helpful tip for the aquaman matchup, after landing a B12 shackles since you can't do a Ji2 into the vortex (because of his trait) I believe if you dash then jump for the mixup it'll work essentially the same as the normal vortex.

babalook

Noob
sorry for double post but I found something interesting.
(this is assuming you already have trait)
Say you just ended your combo with a Ji2 and for the vortex you decide to use air axe and not cross up but they block it. You may then make yourself safe by shooting trait and going for a Ji1. If you did the air axe high enough the Ji1 will hit in the front but land on the opposite side or it will cross up depending on your timing of the Ji1. And because you cross over your opponent regardless of the Ji1 crossing up or not you can cancel into air axe easily. The Ji1 can be avoided by crouching but most people don't duck against sinestro cause he has no low game.

It's a gimmick but I'm sure it's worth using occasionally.

sorry for double post but I found something interesting.
(this is assuming you already have trait)
Say you just ended your combo with a Ji2 and for the vortex you decide to use air axe and not cross up but they block it. You may then make yourself safe by shooting trait and going for a Ji1. If you did the air axe high enough the Ji1 will hit in the front but land on the opposite side or it will cross up depending on your timing of the Ji1. And because you cross over your opponent regardless of the Ji1 crossing up or not you can cancel into air axe easily. The Ji1 can be avoided by crouching but most people don't duck against sinestro cause he has no low game.

It's a gimmick but I'm sure it's worth using occasionally.

a blocked air axe is safe and +5 to -3 depending on where it hits.

if you land a jump 1 cross up u should be linking to b13 or 22 (easy to hit confirm shackles)

LEGEND

YES!

So i've found that you can do the same exact set-up after any F2D13 in the corner with Sinestro's standing 3, just like martians.

LEGEND

YES!
going to try and get a video of this soon, but you can create an invisible wall in the corner with trait shot

so here is the use i've found for it: when you have your opponent cornered (with trait) and you are just around the range of your F2 string and 3, you can create a cross-up/non cross-up situation by utilizing the invisible wall mid jump. So a regular jump 3/1 at this range will cross up but you can shoot trait just before you cross over to remain on the same side, creating a non reactable cross-up mix-up

(secondary to the non cross-up is that the trait shot will stop anti airs)

combo's that result form the mix-up depend on if the trait shot hits, if you cross up, which jumping attack you did, if you used air axe, if you want to use meter ect. so im not going to list them. If you want to look into this mix-up then you are going to need to get comfortable with all the different conversions (most of the ji3 ones just need a couple D1s into 112-shackles, and cross-up Ji3 can use the trait shot for a B3 combo)

WoundCowboy
EGP Wonder_Chef
AK Pig Of The Hut

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
going to try and get a video of this soon, but you can create an invisible wall in the corner with trait shot

so here is the use i've found for it: when you have your opponent cornered (with trait) and you are just around the range of your F2 string and 3, you can create a cross-up/non cross-up situation by utilizing the invisible wall mid jump. So a regular jump 3/1 at this range will cross up but you can shoot trait just before you cross over to remain on the same side, creating a non reactable cross-up mix-up

(secondary to the non cross-up is that the trait shot will stop anti airs)

combo's that result form the mix-up depend on if the trait shot hits, if you cross up, which jumping attack you did, if you used air axe, if you want to use meter ect. so im not going to list them. If you want to look into this mix-up then you are going to need to get comfortable with all the different conversions (most of the ji3 ones just need a couple D1s into 112-shackles, and cross-up Ji3 can use the trait shot for a B3 combo)

WoundCowboy
EGP Wonder_Chef
AK Pig Of The Hut

I'll make videos of anything you want just let me know.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Took my a while but I finally got an account,
I'm a NorCal Sacramento player I go to tournaments and there's a lot of great names there like blinducky,hi I'm nasty, x-ray and others, anyway here is some gimmicks and/or tech that I've been wanting to share I with my fellow fear bringers

After ending a combo with shackles doing f2d1 boulder as a reset
; I like doing this reset because the f2d1 hits them low but then they have to block the overhead boulder the distance also makes it so if they block the boulder you're save from most reversals(less save in the corner though)of course you won't get away with doing
this more than once a match but I've cought a lot of people off guard with this. If they do get hit with the boulder mb it then immediately dash forward b1 shackles into combo.

Second thing I wanted to talk about was 22d2 as a combo ended in the corner dash forward after it hits and it will reverse their wakeup, might take a lil bit to get used to the timing but it's not strict at all seems to not work on big bodies

I've seen you've guys also talked about standing 3 after f2d13 in the corner to reverse their wake up the timing is a bit hard but I've found if you have trait it almost guarantees it but idk if it's worth it for a shot of trait what you do is wait till they're almost hitting the ground then standing 3 trait shot, what I think happens is when you're airborne and you shoot a trait the game reads it as if you're on the other side I didn't have a lot of time with this but I think instant air axe trait shot will also reverse their wake up don't take my word on it though

I see a lot of people do trait shot mb fear blast after landing a mb boulder shackle, I don't think this is worth it because sometimes not all the blasts hit and you're wasting a bar of meter just to get a bit more damage, I prefer to to db2 mb,shackles,db2 trait shot, it does less damage but you don't have to use another bar of meter and leaves you with way better advantage and if it's your last trait shot you can charge trait again after it,

Last but not least this is really gimmicky but I've had some success with it I need you're guys help to see how safe and solid this is but I like to do 1b2 instant air axe after shackles, this allows you to do the vortex on situations where you can't land a nj 2, if this is as solid as I think this can be huge for sinestro because you can vortex from almost any distance

So that's all I have for now sorry if it's sloppy I'm writing this from my phone, if anything I've said is scrubby or incorrect I apologize in advance , but please feel free to give me any input good or bad, I look forward to your responses thank u :)

Virgil Bautista.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
where can I find some vortex options?
so far am doing j2 or jaxe, there has to be more to it than that.
What do you mean j2 or axe? j2 doesn't cross up. After shackles you can do j2 which puts the opponent in a stagger state and from there do j3 for crossup or air axe for fake crossup. If either hit, do d2 b12 shackles j2 to keep the vortex going or end in j2 f2d13 to charge your trait.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
I've been searching for a long time and I can't find t. Can someone like thoroughly explain Sinestros vortex? I've seen it, I've heard people talk about it but I don't really get it

LEGEND

YES!
I've been searching for a long time and I can't find t. Can someone like thoroughly explain Sinestros vortex? I've seen it, I've heard people talk about it but I don't really get it
After you hit someone with Shackles (usually as a combo ender in B12-Shackles) you hit them with J2 which leaves you with enough + frames to either cross them up with J1/J3 or to fake the cross-up with the air axe (DB1)

After you hit someone with Shackles (usually as a combo ender in B12-Shackles) you hit them with J2 which leaves you with enough + frames to either cross them up with J1/J3 or to fake the cross-up with the air axe (DB1)
this is only the tip of the iceberg. this is probably 10% of his realy vortex.

mainly bc i never released the videos for it. its basic version is pretty well known. i will release everything i have whne i no longer travel.

why teach people how to beat us?

F4tal

Noob
Something I do that tricks people sometimes is doing a dash in after a b12 shacklets and then instead of going for the vortex (if they have been blocking it consistently) i do a f2 d1 into shackles.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
i hit cowboy with it online a few nights ago so pretty sure it can be useful even though he bodied me lol.
sure maybe in cross country online lag lol

saying you can't react to a f2d1 is like saying you can't react to a f3 LOL

Your strategy is basically like saying "with batman I like to mix it up between b1 and b23" haha

my god your an idiot.
what even is the mixup

you hit shackles, dash up and do f2 d1 or................?

what's stopping the opponent from just holding back when they get hit by the initial shackle? Why would you go for something like this when you have an ambiguious cross-up setup that leads to more damage?