What's new

Tech Sinestro General Tech Discussion

LEGEND

YES!
Speaking of new tech, i have a gimmick in the corner after the F2D13 ender. Instead of going for D1-arachnid to finish the combo you can do an instant air axe and depending on how you time it you can control which side of you your opponent wakes up on. And you recover roughly at the same time if they go behind you and if you don't switch sides then they have a small window to wake up before they have to deal with the air axe so its relatively safe (other than putting your self into the corner)

sounds dumb typing it out but its worth looking into imo

i'll try and polish this tomorrow and see if anything else can come from it, and i'll probably be using it in casuals tonight to test it

again its only a gimmick, nothing groundbreaking

P2w is the only one hiding tech that i'm aware of (and thats fine when you're trying to win with a non top tier)

i am not involved in any pms regarding Sinestro tech
not hiding ... just not advertising man. i promise i will divulge everything i know after the fall classic. hopefully u will see me on stream if things are going well. i have high hopes at these majors man. erally been training and i finally have legit training partners in pl, m2dave, forever king, master d and others... "ur only as good as the people u train with"

LEGEND

YES!
not hiding ... just not advertising man. i promise i will divulge everything i know after the fall classic. hopefully u will see me on stream if things are going well. i have high hopes at these majors man. erally been training and i finally have legit training partners in pl, m2dave, forever king, master d and others... "ur only as good as the people u train with"
not knocking you for it, i understand

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
LEGEND after our talk on Wed about getting a mixup off of d1 shackles without sacrificing damage, I came up with this:

What do you think? The mixup would be jump forward instant air axe or B2 > D1 shackles.

You sacrifice like 1% from the combo too, which is great.

Sinestro is too OP...

LEGEND

YES!
LEGEND after our talk on Wed about getting a mixup off of d1 shackles without sacrificing damage, I came up with this:

What do you think? The mixup would be jump forward instant air axe or B2 > D1 shackles.

that looks hard af

But thats the basic idea. I'll look into it more tomorrow, haven't had much time in the lab this past week

That's awesome. No way I could pull off that instant air axe though.

LEGEND

YES!
Alright so I've been testing it and it works pretty well. The only thing is that If you do a true instant air axe, it will whiff. You have to be slightly higher off the ground for it to work.
LEGEND EGP Wonder_Chef
i tested it and its not as hard as i thought.

you still have to be pretty on point with it though cause if you do it too late then they can backdash out and too early and the Axe won't hit

also i think it might be better to do 2 Ji2s instead of Ji3, Ji2 for the sake of consistency

ok i see you guys are on to something that i know a lot about. your scratching the surface of your options after a d3 dash. start thinking character specifics. for example :) batgirls love to mash flip kick thingy on wake up bc... why not its multi hitting and safe. however, the dash neutral jump causes another special move to come out bc the inputs are reversed. if you d3 dash jump forward axe the other special will hit u bc of its properties. putting the cpu on wake up move does not accomplish this bc they will auto correct correctly (if that makes sense)

in high level play and as people get familiar with sinestro, this will get crushed by wake up attacks. its more of a gimmick at this point. think safe... long term... punish for correct reads. see my example above

i couldn't sleep last night bc i found a true mid screen unblockable with sinestro. possible the first one ever found in inj. tested it for hours with my local crew. after the fall classic i will post a bunch of stuff if i decide i cannot go to more tournaments. but remember what i said... top players are in these threads and taking notice to this character after summer jam. people thought sinestro sucked and apparently ignored woundcowboy's success blaming it on his amazing use of trait. if sinestro gets a footsies tool/mid screen safe tool... he will be a complete character.

again my biggest gripe about this site is that people are so eager to get their 2 mintues of fame by claiming to be the first to find tech... i want to win. not get youtube views. honestly if you want to discuss this character start a pm with tournament proven sinestros and we can talk. i really do not want to spell out how to beat this character which is exactly what everyone is doing.

please don't take this as a negative guys... its just the way i think. i play to win

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
ok i see you guys are on to something that i know a lot about. your scratching the surface of your options after a d3 dash. start thinking character specifics. for example :) batgirls love to mash flip kick thingy on wake up bc... why not its multi hitting and safe. however, the dash neutral jump causes another special move to come out bc the inputs are reversed. if you d3 dash jump forward axe the other special will hit u bc of its properties. putting the cpu on wake up move does not accomplish this bc they will auto correct correctly (if that makes sense)
On d3 when Batgirl sees Sinestro dash why don't they just reverse their inputs on reaction to get the cartwheel?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The neutral jump will still make cartwheel whiff and axe punishes the same way
If you are in the air before I wake up I would just smoke bomb teleport. I would probably only do the cartwheel if you dashed in after a d3 and didn't leave the ground by the time my wakeup window was available.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

This is legit

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I don't mind if people know about tech like that last video, because once they understand it the mind games around it can begin.

If tech only works because people don't understand it, then I don't think it's very reliable in the first place.

LEGEND

YES!
So i have an idea on how to play Sinestro, i might ramble on a bit but i just want to write this down/get feedback
-
Focusing on the Vortex:

The more i play the more i see how powerful Sinestro's vortex really is. But what always annoyed me is how you have to settle for a regular combo after you land a followup to the vortex without trait. . .but it turns out that isn't necessarily the case, you can infact spend two bars on a Bounce cancel to continue the vortex and add a good 5% dmg. (avg). So if you think about it you are spending 2 bars of meter for 5% guaranteed damage PLUS a 50% chance at landing another 27-33% damage combo. Of course you aren't always going to have 2 bars of meter to spare but i really think this is well worth it if you do

Combo notations:
Fake cross-up air axe: 2-bounce cancel, Ji3, B12-Shackles, Ji2 = 33%
Cross up Ji1: 22-Bounce cancel, Ji3, B12-Shackles, Ji2 = 33% (alternate. Sub 22-bounce cancel for 112-bounce cancel for 2% more damage, but it can be punished if the Ji1 is blocked )
Cross up Ji3: B2-bounce cancel, Ji3, B12-shackles, Ji2 =38%

Edit: i can't land the fake cross up combo consistently now (idk why) but i can land 1B2-bounce cancel every time instead of 2 or B2 bounce cancel

Also, you can Sub out the bounce cancel in these combos for a background bounce if possible. Considering you will save the two bars of meter and get the same benefit i suggest we all get used to using the background. (note the Fake cross-up air axe B2 bounce is somewhat difficult/inconsistent)

EGP Wonder_Chef
PLAYING TO W1N
AK Pig Of The Hut
WoundCowboy
STB Shujinkydink

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So i have an idea on how to play Sinestro, i might ramble on a bit but i just want to write this down/get feedback
-
Focusing on the Vortex:

The more i play the more i see how powerful Sinestro's vortex really is. But what always annoyed me is how you have to settle for a regular combo after you land a followup to the vortex without trait. . .but it turns out that isn't necessarily the case, you can infact spend two bars on a Bounce cancel to continue the vortex and add a good 5% dmg. (avg). So if you think about it you are spending 2 bars of meter for 5% guaranteed damage PLUS a 50% chance at landing another 27-33% damage combo. Of course you aren't always going to have 2 bars of meter to spare but i really think this is well worth it if you do

Combo notations:
Fake cross-up air axe: 2-bounce cancel, Ji3, B12-Shackles, Ji2 = 33%
Cross up Ji1: 22-Bounce cancel, Ji3, B12-Shackles, Ji2 = 33% (alternate. Sub 22-bounce cancel for 112-bounce cancel for 2% more damage, but it can be punished if the Ji1 is blocked )
Cross up Ji3: B2-bounce cancel, Ji3, B12-shackles, Ji2 =38%

Edit: i can't land the fake cross up combo consistently now (idk why) but i can land 1B2-bounce cancel every time instead of 2 or B2 bounce cancel

Also, you can Sub out the bounce cancel in these combos for a background bounce if possible. Considering you will save the two bars of meter and get the same benefit i suggest we all get used to using the background. (note the Fake cross-up air axe B2 bounce is somewhat difficult/inconsistent)

EGP Wonder_Chef
PLAYING TO W1N
AK Pig Of The Hut
WoundCowboy
STB Shujinkydink
I dig it but ill never have 2 bars Kappa