What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

Delriach

Sindelly
Like Delraich said, your 4,4 setups aren't safe, d+1 is the only thing you can do after a 4,4 and be safe, and that all depends on who gets the priority at the beginning of the match since there are no trades in MK.

And you can't base a strategy around "making the opponent confused" that won't work. In high level play that's not going to get you very far, plus 4,4,u+3 probably isn't safe judging by her very, very long recovery, doing an Air Fireball would probably make it safe, but still not as good as being 0 on block with just 4,4.

Also, I'm pretty sure Delriach knows what he's talking about when it comes to notation and the MK lingo, he's very widely known around the MK community. You aren't very clear with your posts and it's very easy to get confused when reading them because you don't make yourself very clear.

No offense to you or anything, I'm just trying to clear the air here, so I'll just leave this at:

4,4 is safe.
Trying to do anything after a blocked 4,4 besides blocking or d+1 is very unsafe and isn't a solid tactic.
To his credit, I completely botched my original sentence. I was factually wrong in terms of actual MK lingo. After that I started talking about how people can be confused IF people thought mid = med. I should have done that first instead of making it seem like that's what I thought. I was all over the place lol.

Since 44 u3 only comes out on hit, Sindel should be completely safe since the opponent is too busying flying in the air. It's just not a useful technique unless you really want to make sure your opponent is full screen away.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
To his credit, I completely botched my original sentence. I was factually wrong in terms of actual MK lingo. After that I started talking about how people can be confused IF people thought mid = med. I should have done that first instead of making it seem like that's what I thought. I was all over the place lol.

Since 44 u3 only comes out on hit, Sindel should be completely safe since the opponent is too busying flying in the air. It's just not a useful technique unless you really want to make sure your opponent is full screen away.
See, I didn't even know that 4,4,u+3 only came out on hit because it's THAT useless. >_>

But you know what's even more useless? Her normal u+3, like, seriously, what is that even supposed to do?

And we need to get snappin' on that hidden move/taunt/phrase/line/throwback/combo/WHATEVER that NRS said every character had, like Smoke going invisible and Stryker yelling "Old School!" after 3 gunshots in one combo. :3

DanCock

Cock Master!!
See, I didn't even know that 4,4,u+3 only came out on hit because it's THAT useless. >_>

But you know what's even more useless? Her normal u+3, like, seriously, what is that even supposed to do?

And we need to get snappin' on that hidden move/taunt/phrase/line/throwback/combo/WHATEVER that NRS said every character had, like Smoke going invisible and Stryker yelling "Old School!" after 3 gunshots in one combo. :3
what what?? theres something we dont know about?????????? =-O.. oh wait im pretty sure sindel was left out like always.. some thing "technical".. -_-

Delriach

Sindelly

At first I thought he actually meant a normal u3 after 44, which confused me a bit. Then I remembered that there's actually a 44 u3 fireball combo that only works on hit. I wouldn't have even known that if I wasn't in training mode right at the time I was posting lol. I completely forgot since it's something rarely ever used.

Every character has one? Interesting. I wonder what Sindel's could be. I know nothing about her in past games :p

DanCock

Cock Master!!
well

MKD/A a low leg grabbing special move.
UMK3 she could actually fly around properly
MKT her ground fireball had 2 come out instead of one.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
At first I thought he actually meant a normal u3 after 44, which confused me a bit. Then I remembered that there's actually a 44 u3 fireball combo that only works on hit. I wouldn't have even known that if I wasn't in training mode right at the time I was posting lol. I completely forgot since it's something rarely ever used.

Every character has one? Interesting. I wonder what Sindel's could be. I know nothing about her in past games :p
Don't feel bad, I forgot she had f+1,2,b+3 until today when I was testing out anti-wake up IFAF setups in training mode. >_<

And I'm pretty sure NRS said that every character had something hidden from their movelist or just a little easter egg right when the game first came out. I'm not sure what's been found yet though.

EDIT:

@DanCock

Oh nononono, she's going to pull out a halberd like she did in Deception. -_-"

How amazing would it be if she had her MK3 Scream? :O

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Wow...I don't know why but I have a hard time doing 44 B12 1 scream....the scream almost never catches them and the B12 I drop sometimes as well...

Delriach

Sindelly
Wow...I don't know why but I have a hard time doing 44 B12 1 scream....the scream almost never catches them and the B12 I drop sometimes as well...
you need to do a quick dash in the combo. 44 b12 dash 1 scream works. The b12 has to hit them immediately after the 44 and the 1 needs to hit them high enough for the scream to connect. 44 b12 1 ex scream works without moving though.

Since it's so precise I recommend doing 44 dash 1 scream.

Edit:

44 1 scream works too.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
you need to do a quick dash in the combo. 44 b12 dash 1 scream works. The b12 has to hit them immediately after the 44 and the 1 needs to hit them high enough for the scream to connect. 44 b12 1 ex scream works without moving though.

Since it's so precise I recommend doing 44 dash 1 scream.
On top of this, if you're going to practice it, start with the light characters and work your way to the heavy ones. I normally start on Kitana, Jade and Mileena and work my way through the cast until I get to characters that fall faster to get the timing right.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Under combos, you should add 44 1 scream. 44 b12 1 scream works too but the timing is very strict. EX scream would be more reliable. Both are possible though.

44 3,1 EX scream works as well. bt just like 44 b12 1 scream timing is very strict and the window for 3 to hit is also very strict as well. possible with enough practice and patience.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Before we end up on a combo discussion, I'm just going to post this here.

Now, let's talk about the usefulness of reseting pressure after a JIP with 1,1,1 do you guys think it's worth doing for the chip and mixup advantage, or do you think JIP > 3,1,1 > IFAF is a better setup?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

Now, let's talk about the usefulness of reseting pressure after a JIP with 1,1,1 do you guys think it's worth doing for the chip and mixup advantage, or do you think JIP > 3,1,1 > IFAF is a better setup?
I actually do 1,1,1 all the time. In fact, if I land the 111 I do a quick dash and go straight into 21...it has worked for me a lot of the time. However, if they block the 111 I never go straight into the 21...but yes, I personally like 111 and the way it looks! lol

Delriach

Sindelly

Of the two, I'd say 111 is the better option since you have more options. Personally I'm only going to use 311 during the middle of a combo and then do an levi cancel fireball to kill off their wakeup game.

Husteen

Noob.
the only thing i've noticed about sindel that is absent in the other characters is that she can hold the last hit of her 2, 1, 2 string. not really an easter egg if you ask me.
one of her tag kombos is named, "that was fun!" - from her mk3 friendship. maybe that's sindel's easter egg.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
the only thing i've noticed about sindel that is absent in the other characters is that she can hold the last hit of her 2, 1, 2 string. not really an easter egg if you ask me.
one of her tag kombos is named, "that was fun!" - from her mk3 friendship. maybe that's sindel's easter egg.
That's because it use to be unblock able and dash cancelable, other characters can do it but god forbid if sindel can. -_-

FYI I am the biggest idiot ever. I had no clue how you guys were doing those double fireballs in the air for combos. But I just taught myself how and wow it Can be useful. If up close you can air fireball dash cross over into the second fireball then you land. This could be away to escape corners. I'm going to work on it more. I do sometimes try to fly out but cant really stop my foe from attacking but this can be a way. Also if up close fireball dash back fireball safely. This is something I could use and i had no clue all this time.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Husteen

Noob.
aww it did?! why did they remove it?! did that lead to another sindel infinite or something?
i'm glad she can do combos now but these combos are things she used to be able to do when the game came out. all this time she's missed out on getting actual buffs instead of getting her links back.
so, technically, she's still nerfed.

hmm that levitate fireball combo seems like it could have some interesting positives to it. i'll mess around with it, too, just out of curiosity ;]
btw, has anyone had luck with or ever tried levitate as a wakeup? it might be even more worth it with the new wakeup system and stuff. or a levitate cancel wakeup. the only problem is you can't really mash D, D, U.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I mean wow I really love this double air fireball thing holy.
If your real fast you can pretty much do 2 air fireballs and not even move, you will land after second one but you know what I mean.

So pretty much if your about to anti air some one with air fireball just Levi fireball dash fireball.

Delriach

Sindelly
I mean wow I really love this double air fireball thing holy.

;)

It's a very useful technique that I've been using since a little bit before Fighter x Shooter. If you're against someone that doesn't have a teleport or a wake up move that'll blow you up, you can knock them away to full screen, levitate to max height, fireball dash fireball. They'll either block it or they'll get hit. It's also good against people that jump because they'll get hit by both attacks or at least one. That's how I use it. Doing the dash back into fireball also catches people off guard if they're in the middle of a string.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Another thing is they won't move expecting a second one so I can do one then land into a mixup lol wow how did I go all this time not using it :confused:

I wonder how it is vs armor attacks like cage. Oooooo edit not so great vs armor lol

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
i actually learned about its usefulness (the double Levi Fireballs) from your Sindel combo vid Delriach ;) thank you. i typically use it after managing to end a b3 f2 combo with b2 4~Fireball. its a good way to space yourself full screen from the opponent and immediately going into the Double Levi Fireballs can be something unexpected for them. in fact; i havent seen any other sindel players use this so far hahah why did we take so long to even realize its usefulness? if they get hit by both its 15%. typically after shooting both and landing on the ground i follow up with a low fireball just to keep them on check in case they blocked the first two.

Husteen

Noob.
just found out that sindel can use:
B3, F2, B3, :en scream
&
B1, 2, B3, :en scream

although they're pretty useless. you can get way more damage off of B3F2 without meter and B1, 2 will always get you around 22% at best.

Delriach

Sindelly
i actually learned about its usefulness (the double Levi Fireballs) from your Sindel combo vid Delriach ;) thank you. i typically use it after managing to end a b3 f2 combo with b2 4~Fireball. its a good way to space yourself full screen from the opponent and immediately going into the Double Levi Fireballs can be something unexpected for them. in fact; i havent seen any other sindel players use this so far hahah why did we take so long to even realize its usefulness? if they get hit by both its 15%. typically after shooting both and landing on the ground i follow up with a low fireball just to keep them on check in case they blocked the first two.
:D No problem. I've actually used it in actual competition too. It's not something you can get away with often but every bit of chip and damage helps lol. It's very useful since the damage can't be broken if it lands. Get someone in a scream state and do this if you want to avoid a breaker near the end of a round. It's very situation specific but something to always think about ;P

Delriach

Sindelly
Anti Sheeva Technology

I mentioned this a few months ago. If timed correctly, hair whip can be used as a counter to Sheeva's tele stomp. There is enough time to do this on reaction. It doesn't matter if she lands on top of you, in front or you, or behind you. If Sheeva does try to go behind you she will get hit by a scream. If Sindel's back is to the corner Sheeva can continuously stomp her from behind.

See for yourself....

Note: Don't use this online. You'll get crushed over and over again. :boohoo: rofl