What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

DanCock

Cock Master!!
NOTE ***after each new patch a new thread will be made and the older one closed. however we will copy and paste any info that can be used in the newer patches.

Sindel forum mods will copy and paste any shared strategies and post them here in the first post that they deem first post worthy. meaning we as sindel players shall decide what are her best ways to win.

nothing to post ATM. im tired and i just felt this thread was needed with the new patch. ill share my stuff on my next day off from work..

instant air fireballs

comboing into scream

on the ground

2 ~ Scream
b+3,f+2 ~ Scream
b+1,2~ scream

in corner
f+3 ~ scream

after a pop up

1 ~ scream
3 ~ scream
3,1 ~ scream

comboing into :en scream

on the ground

1 ~ :en
b+1 ~ :en
2,1 ~ :en
3 ~ :en
3,1 ~ :en

in corner
f+1,2,4 ~ :en
3,1,1 ~ :en

after a pop up

b+3 ~ :en

un-techable moves

1 ~ Hairwhip

end combos with hairwhip is a wise choice to prevent your foe from rolling, they can only use a wake up special.

end combos with -->
3,1,1/f+3/2,1,2/2,1,b+3 > iFAF doesn't knock them out of their wake-up, it forces them to block after they roll. If they don't roll they get hit and if they don't block after roll then they still get hit. It completely stops their wake-up attack from coming out.

Meter building

When your foe is caught in a scream you can build meter by doing multiple flight cancels or jumping high up into the air and doing the :fp air fireball.

*# of whiffed specials it takes to fill 1 bar of meter*
fireball ~~~ 27 - same while levitating
low fireball ~27 - same while levitating
step up ~~~17
yell ~~~~~ 17
hair whip~~ 17
levitate~~~ 45!
LIAFB ~~~~17

*# of blocked specials it takes to build bar of meter*
fireball ~~~ 8 - same while levitating
low fireball ~8 - same while levitating
step up ~~~5
yell ~~~~~ 7
hair whip ~~7
LIAFB ~~~~7

wake up

Low fireball and :en
Step up and :en
Scream and :en
Levitate

when using sindels wake up attacks you need to be careful and watch out for a cross up attack as it will knock you out of your wake up. the only attack you can do to attempt to counter a cross up attack is the :en scream.
step up and low fireball gives you a 50/50 wake up option.

flight cancel (d,d,u, Block)

during a combo sindel can special cancel in to flight cancel allowing her a slight advantage to continue pressure and start her 50/50 mix ups on her foe or attempt a throw. (**see 50/50 mix ups)

44 pressure

sindel and her foe are at neutral when a 4,4 is blocked
mix ups work only when you condition your foe to block a guaranteed 3rd hit after 44 which are

Air fireball
d+1

she can then attempt to start her 50/50 mix ups on her foe or attempt a throw. (**see 50/50 mix ups) after her foe blocks 4,4.

50/50 mix ups
**attacks that hit low and over head**

B+1 = low
2,1 = 2nd hit = low
b+3,f+2 = 2nd hit = over head
low fireball = low
:en low firebal - low and knock down
step up = over head

:en step up = over head and swap sides

Levitation

1 ~ once you levitate and do nothing else but throw out a fireball sindel will land.
2 ~ if you hold up for a moment --> throw out a fireball she will stay in the air.
3 ~ if you wish to continue to throw fireballs you must hold up for a moment after each fireball to continuously throw out fireballs
4 ~ if you dont hold up for a moment after each fireball she will not always fireball
5 ~ tapping forward twice or back twice sindel will fly dash forward and back.
6 ~ at full height you can fireball and quicky dash by pressing f,f or b,b after
7 ~ at full height you can, fireball, dash and fireball for 2 quick air fireballs. if the first one hits the second one will hit for a 2 hit combo.

Fireballs sindel cant low fireball under taking no damage

Ermac ~ Fireball and :en
Liu Kang ~ Low fireball and :en
Kung Lao ~ both hats
Sindel ~ low fireball and :en, air fireballs and :en
Reptile ~ all force ball variations : X
J. Cage ~ only from full screen low fireball and :en
Jade ~ Boomerang down, :en boomerang However after you low fireball the first Brang if you jump immediately you will not get hit
Nightwolf ~ :en Fireball
Cyrax ~ Net and :en
NOOB ~ blackhole above and :en, shadow charge, shadow slide
Smoke ~ smoke bomb and :en
Sektor ~ up missle (above) and :en
Sonya ~ :en fireball the second fireball will hit sindel dishing out 5% but sindel hits with 8-13%
Stryker ~ only from full screen low grenade toss and :en
Shang Tsung ~ :en fire skull 2nd and 3rd skull will hit dishing out 6% but sindel hits with 8-13%, up skull (above) and :en,ground skull far
Kabal ~ Buzzsaw and :en

Husteen

Noob.
not really sure how you want this organized but i think i have useful info not many sindel users know.
4 becomes uninterruptible after a landed D4 on a standing opponent, unless you're playing someone who keeps mashing parry. they can't use any attack without armor or jump away.
and if they start blocking the D4, use D4>step up.

i have some ideas but can't test them until they decide to release the patch for ps3 =/

DanCock

Cock Master!!
not really sure how you want this organized but i think i have useful info not many sindel users know.
4 becomes uninterruptible after a landed D4 on a standing opponent, unless you're playing someone who keeps mashing parry. they can't use any attack without armor or jump away.
and if they start blocking the D4, use D4>step up.

i have some ideas but can't test them until they decide to release the patch for ps3 =/
Yep that's good stuff to know. This is the stuff we want in this thread. I'll add stuff when I'm not being lazy which normal happens on my days off from work.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Husteen

Noob.
oh wait, i think i have something that will fit this thread quite nicely!

sorry about the quality, i don't know why it came out like that. i think mileena annoys all of us sindel users so here's a nice trap for those mashing-mileenas!
the idea here is that sindel will be able to use her regular yell in this trap after the patch and not waste meter. as you can see, none of mileena's wakeup attacks can escape.
this also used to work on stryker's wakeup roll but they added armor to it so that's probably a no-go =/

i also have an interesting use for levitation which i'll record and post tomorrow.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I'll test what all this catches after the patch and record it for you. I also have a few things I'm wanting to do but I need the patch before I can get started.

Husteen

Noob.
hi wozscreamer. i've seen your sindel videos on youtube :p
thanks for the testing. i only have one controller so i just have to wait for the AI to use a certain attack. i'm afraid it won't work on much but mileena with all the new armor and new move startups and stuff. i'm also anxiously awaiting the 1.05 patch.
if you don't mind... you can also test my next video which i'll post tomorrow!

I'm just waiting for this patch then I will be willing to share what I find. Hopefully some of my old ideas that didn't work actually do work now.

Delriach

Sindelly
Husteen, I wouldn't exactly call that scream setup a trap. It's simply a punish against Mileena's wakeup attacks. Let's say Mileena wakes up blocking or just stands still. The scream is going to miss because there's not enough range. I'm pretty sure Sindel can be punished in that situation. At best, nothing will happen. However, even if there was a stalemate between the two players, Sindel would have just wasted a bar of meter for no reason.

Notice how you're doing the scream before Mileena even has the chance to do the wakeup attack. You're pretty much being psychic and praying for the best. That said, the pre-emptive scream tactic is probably most useful against predictable players that rely on wakeups. It's a good thing to think about when Mileena is low on health since she's more likely do a teleport out of desperation.

Edit:

Thinking more about it. I guess it really depends on how you define "trap". I don't really consider it one because you're not at all forcing the other player to do a wakeup move or even pressuring them to do one. Although I guess because they can't tech roll after a hairwhip it does limit their options slightly. I dunno.

More stuff:

Speaking of wakeup moves, it seems like low attacks have a very low chance of stuffing her cartwheel kick now. I've managed to hit players on wakeup in situations that I would have lost in thanks to the patch. Using scream (preferably ex scream) is actually a lot more viable now too, although it is still risky.

Another edit:

For the most part, Sindel can punish most of Mileena's wakeup moves from that distance. It seems like the timing is different for the teleport though. I find myself getting hit out of the scream. I did land it a few times but it hasn't been reliable.

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
The scream trap idea is great until they read it once as she can get full combo. Also most good Mileenas vary their wake ups and wakeup timing. Still a great tool to have.

Del the thing with Mils tele is that it will occaisionally adjust, im not sure if it is a glitch or just something that happens online(never had it happen offline). The djustment changes where she lands and her speed in animation. That could be why it will sometimes hit through scream.

Wish the patch was out on PS3 but untill then i will just sit and wait.

BTW i do not know if the patch will fix this. Also i don't know if it is already known. I was playing casuals a EGP last night and was against Reptile during this i caught him with a cartwheel as he was waking up in the corner and only the first 2 hits connected then it shot him out of the corner and left me at a disadvantage to where he got a free hit. It only happens in the corner but it happend everytime. So be Careful trying to corner trap mixup reptile.

Husteen

Noob.
@Delriach: that's true, but how many mileenas have you seen not use a wakeup attack? one of the guides for mileena said, "always use a wakeup attack - preferably teleport." i made that video because mileena's wakeup attacks dodge sindel's hair trap so i thought it was interesting that her scream will always catch mileena's wakeups, even her teleport! i call it a trap because if mileena tries to attack then she gets screamed at. as you see, i could get a 30% combo off of a naked scream and put her in the same situation because of the hair whip at the end.
the idea here is that sindel will be able to use yell instead of scream with these same results after the patch but i can't verify because psn doesn't have it yet. and if you finally did get mileena to block on her wakeup then you can try a combo or grab which you were never able to do before with her incredible wakeups.

personally, i find mileena to be a pain for sindel so this is just nice to know. don't forget, you can also fake and enhanced yell and dash cancel if you think she's on to you and you really didn't need the meter.

EDIT: i'm happy to hear that about her cartwheel! it was an all around good wakeup move except when someone would low poke/sweep me on wakeup and it would always get stuffed. i found that low pokes and normals that hit low are more likely to stuff an opponent's wakeup attack, which is why i was happy that sindel's B1 hits low, but that probably won't work since wakeups are more effective now if performed during the first 4 frames of the window.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
Delriach:

i noticed on Bdog's stream last night that you went in to punish a Lao divekick with: 4 4;b1 2... -but the 2 after the b1 whiffed and the combo was dropped. does this mean that since b1 hits low now that its no longer possible to chain b1 2 after 4 4? or is the timing now different because the hitbox changed or something?

Delriach

Sindelly
Delriach:

i noticed on Bdog's stream last night that you went in to punish a Lao divekick with: 4 4;b1 2... -but the 2 after the b1 whiffed and the combo was dropped. does this mean that since b1 hits low now that its no longer possible to chain b1 2 after 4 4? or is the timing now different because the hitbox changed or something?
The hitbox is stupid sometimes if you land it too late. And it's a lot easier to drop due to input delay. It was really frustrating. I was getting hit by stuff that normally shouldn't work. I couldn't even uppercut Lao's teleport on reaction. It doesn't help that I have to use a 360 pad to play (I normally use the HitBox on PS3). It was pretty bad, lol. Sometimes I would neutral jump instead of doing a levitate cancel or angled jumps wouldn't register. I facepalmed when I tried to do B3F2 and did B3 hairwhip instead. -____-

Husteen

Noob.
B1, 2 has a low hitbox on its own. i've noticed that sindel's hands touch the opponent but the attack sometimes doesn't connect so he might have used B1, 2 a little too late. it's weird when you're physically touching the opponent but the attack doesn't connect!
i think it's because 44 was used on kung lao while he was airborne. 44>B1, 2 probably hits the same as it always did.
i also don't think they have to change the hitbox to make it hit low. it's just a region that the game considers different, i guess.

btw, can someone with patch tell me if sindel can use 44, B1, 2, dash, 1, yell? not scream, yell.

Delriach

Sindelly
B1, 2 has a low hitbox on its own. i've noticed that sindel's hands touch the opponent but the attack sometimes doesn't connect so he might have used B1, 2 a little too late. it's weird when you're physically touching the opponent but the attack doesn't connect!
i think it's because 44 was used on kung lao while he was airborne. 44>B1, 2 probably hits the same as it always did.
i also don't think they have to change the hitbox to make it hit low. it's just a region that the game considers different, i guess.

btw, can someone with patch tell me if sindel can use 44, B1, 2, dash, 1, yell? not scream, yell.
That combo works for both the normal scream and EX scream. 44, 1 scream is more reliable though.

Husteen

Noob.
That combo works for both the normal scream and EX scream. 44, 1 scream is more reliable though.
yay! i was considering her new buffs and decided she's going to be using B1, 2 a lot more since it hits low and she can yell after it.
the sad thing is, she can't get more than around 25% =/ a L.C. throw helps but all it takes is one opponent who doesn't block.

i've also thought of the following reset for her:
B3, F2, dash, 3, yell, jip, F1, 2, dash, [reset] B1, xray.

i know realize how much using B1 as a combo starter scales the rest of the damage. what really annoys me is she can't use B3F2 or 44 after B1, 2!!

Urichinan

@Urichinan
yay! i was considering her new buffs and decided she's going to be using B1, 2 a lot more since it hits low and she can yell after it.
the sad thing is, she can't get more than around 25% =/ a L.C. throw helps but all it takes is one opponent who doesn't block.

i know realize how much using B1 as a combo starter scales the rest of the damage. what really annoys me is she can't use B3F2 or 44 after B1, 2!!
B1, despite scaling quite a bit, still gives pretty good damage for a low. 25% damage off a low for about 5 hits is actually rather good I think.

Delriach

Sindelly

That combo is a waste of meter. The first half does 24% damage. If you land the reset and do an x-ray that's another 23% percent. That's how bad the scaling is. If you just do B3F2, scream, jp B3F2, dash, F12, hairwhip you'll do 37% (or 38% if you do a d1 before the whip). If you do F12 x-ray you'll do 49% which is more damage than the reset.

If you're going to land a B1 to reset the damage you might as well just do a B12 combo. You can do B12, dash, 1, scream, jp f12 hair whip for 20% damage AND you'll still have a full bar of meter. Or you can do B12, dash, 1, scream, jp F12 xray for 31% damage. OR you can go for another reset after the F12 and repeat the process if you want to test your luck.

Edit: Damn typos.

Husteen

Noob.
eh, that's true. i wasn't so sure about the damage but it sure will get on your opponent's nerves!
how about this:
B1, 2, yell, jip, F1, 2, dash, [reset] B1, 2, yell, jip, F1, 2, grab?
no meter or anything

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
does the stun after f1 2 actually provide enough time to force the opponent to block any follow up from sindel? or can they jump/poke?

Delriach

Sindelly
does the stun after f1 2 actually provide enough time to force the opponent to block any follow up from sindel? or can they jump/poke?
That's a good question. I wonder how viable it actually is. It's difficult to test without a second player though.

Edit:

I just tried it in training mode. If you do the B12 right away you can catch the opponent during a neutral jump (I assume the training dummy is jumping ASAP). Not sure what happens if they jump backwards.

They can jump out of it or D1, unless you do a D1.

I'm not sure if they can jump out if you do a levi cancel though. I think 21 levi dash B12 would be more guaranteed.

Husteen

Noob.
F1, 2 staggers them some and the timing is perfect to do a forward dash into grab. if you grab too fast it will actually whiff because they're still staggered so that's how long they're helpless. i don't think it's enough time for sindel to get a safe jump but no one's gonna know right away to block low after they get hit my that. that's why 2, 1, LC>grab & F1, 2, dash>grab are both viable grab setups.
F1, 2 also sets the opponent at the perfect distance for a sweep.
B3, F2, dash, 3, yell, jip, F1, 2, jip, 2, 1, hair whip is a possible reset because it will get them whether they block high or low. just don't use on jumpers.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
As someone mentioned above; I like to d4,4 4, until they start to respect the 44 by duck blocking. A great way to punish that is with Sindel's step up. If the 44 hits I suggest following it with, 111, hair whip. Its the best way to optimize damage from there mistake.

EDIT:

I played online today for the first time in awhile and I have to say Sindel players were coming out of the wood work. I had a mirror match against a really good Sindel player. I was completely overwhelmed at times, but since I know her so well I knew how to block her strings and punish. I felt cheap however at the end, we had the same amount of health and I finished him off with back to back step ups lol. The very next match Sindel was picked before I got to her. Being that I hate mirror matches I picked someone else. I wasn't impressed by his Sindel.

Husteen

Noob.
i guess DanCock is gonna read through our posts and extract the useful sindle info and post it above. here's something worth mentioning:

*# of whiffed specials it takes to fill 1 bar of meter*
fireball ~~~ 27 - same while levitating
low fireball ~27 - same while levitating
step up ~~~17
yell ~~~~~ 17
hair whip~~ 17
levitate~~~ 45!
LIAFB ~~~~17

*# of blocked specials it takes to build bar of meter*
fireball ~~~ 8 - same while levitating
low fireball ~8 - same while levitating
step up ~~~5
yell ~~~~~ 7
hair whip ~~7
LIAFB ~~~~7

looks like whiffing hair whip is your best bet to gain meter because it's fast. one more thing i found while doing this... B1, 2 >xray on a grounded opponent does 27%
but if the opponent's in the air when you use B1, 2>xray, it's 34%! that must be a glitch. is that not the damage it did before they added the scaling?

Husteen

Noob.
As someone mentioned above; I like to d4,4 4, until they start to respect the 44 by duck blocking. A great way to punish that is with Sindel's step up. If the 44 hits I suggest following it with, 111, hair whip. Its the best way to optimize damage from there mistake.
and if the 44 gets blocked you can:
44, fireball
44, grab
44, D4, step up or more 44 pressure
44, block - lol
i have a friend who does B2, 4, fireball if he thinks they'll jump and it works for him.
maybe xray will get them, even if they try to jump.

if it landed i would use 44, B1, 2, dash, 3, hair whip. or you can use xray for 40%! with the patch, i'm thinking 44, B1, 2, dash, 1, yell, jip, 2, 1, hair whip =]