What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Im not saying levitate is good but cancelling string into levitate and insta cancelling levitate can give some good mindgames. Together with her cancels in v1 its not that useless as ppl think.
How? If you use it on block you're making yourself even more minus than you would've been, and using it on hit destroys any + frames you would've had

Zviko

Noob
but its full combo punishable
It's not there to spam. It's there to make your opponent respect you. It destroys D1 spammers which is what people are complaining about the most in this game. And as I've proven with many examples above, it's also a tool that says fuck you to + frames, for closing distance/dodging projectiles and getting out of strings with gaps without having to spend a bar.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
How? If you use it on block you're making yourself even more minus than you would've been, and using it on hit destroys any + frames you would've had
In her first variation you have scream cancels, so they kinda have to make a read wether you gonna finish the string or end in scream/delayed scream, or meterles levitate cancel.(most of her strings you can easily hitconfirm)
Like i said im not saying its good and i need to lab to see wether they can poke after levitate cancel or not but saying its useless is kinda shortsighted when shes only out for a couple of days.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Im not saying levitate is good but cancelling string into levitate and insta cancelling levitate can give some good mindgames. Together with her cancels in v1 its not that useless as ppl think.
Also as people have said her poke game is ass so just dont play it d4 levitate d1 levitate and backdash like a madman

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Gotta love how NRS gives half the characters teleports in this game but can't be used in any of their tourney variations lol except for a few.

I would just use her V3 if I were Dragon vs Geras, she can do IA projectiles. I still think his recovery on sand trap is beyond broken bs no matter who he's facing but that's another story.

abyson

Noob
at this point I feel like I should take back anything I said about her v2 I can understand why she doesn't need a regular projectile in that variation the bellowing scream whatever is really effective she covers so much space and she can cancel into all her air options from it including the projectile and most likely get a combo under the right circumstances and at mid range the amplified scream from the stance can be quite threatening the variation just needs some practice only downside is you cant block while airborne lol
Ill refrain from making any dismissive judgements from now on lol its definitely to early maybe v1 could have a few ways around heavy zoning

NappyNuisance

Irritatingly Noir
A suggestion was using far hair whip...dunno if that would solve the issue.

But use V3 as in use the projectile or...?

Use everything the variation has lol The air orb that does damage over time(dot) is a great pressure tool for free damage if Geras decides to press in. The air banshee barrage is an amazing projectile but you have to be careful if they catch on and start jumping in, the move is useless against airborne opponents. And her low projectile is surprisingly fast if you enhance it. Plus she has a flight. People can't write this variation off just because it doesn't have the typical extended combos off a hit confirm into a special like most other characters. This is the only variation that really gives her control of the screen. Albeit i didn't play against Grr. but i had a Geras completely shutdown with v3, the zoning mindgames and pressure with a mid range mixup game with F2 and B34 Sindel in V3 is actually pretty strong. Learn to insta air her orb dot move and you'll be surprised at how quickly you can do damage.

I'm pretty new posting on the forums but i analyze a lot of gameplay online and off so this is just from my own personal experience i can't guarantee everyone's success. But from what i seen in that video it was just a lack of tools, and imo it was the tools v3 has that will give Sindel and advantage in the Geras matchup.

Zviko

Noob
23 is better for 1 bar combos when there's no gravity yet because 2 is 3 frames faster than F4. It's just a bit easier to link especially after B2. 23 together is slower than F4 though. It will still connect in longer combos but you'll drop your BF1 ender. You have to use F4 in that case and of course after D2 and DB4 KB.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Thanks for the lab work I'll be sure to add this to my gameplan. You should do one for Maleficent March, I'm wondering how plus that special cancel is as well.
when i find something interesting i post it, i am not a content creator!
so thx should go to noble raptor and dont forget to disable the addblocker when you watch his youtube videos.

Last edited:

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
Thanks for all the tech so far. I can't quit V1 right now, but I'm still not convinced its the best option.
I'm struggling to nail her links every single time. DB1 Amp into B2 is an example that whiffs when I need it most.

I also see around the web that the obligatory "Out for 3 days, confirmed broken and needs nerfing" deal is going on shrug

Keep all these great combos and theories coming :)

Zviko

Noob
I just noticed something about her stand blocking stance. She's standing on her toes lol. She does everything in style. Or is she just mocking everyone? :D Probably both.

I'm in love with this character. Such a blessing after 7 month character crisis.