What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
It's funny cause some people are also calling her trash. It's almost like.. she's brand new and people want clicks on their baseless hot takes!
It’s the day 1 syndrome. She’s broke because she does damage but she’s trash because her frames are bad. I love it lol

NappyNuisance

Irritatingly Noir
see my edit, maybe its better explained this time

timing is a bit tricky at the beginning but you get a feeling for it. to early with 2 and she continues to walk, to late and it doesnt get the KB and you need to hold it not tap it.
Nah bro you gotta have easy Kbs on

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Nah bro you gotta have easy Kbs on
hmm, then i must have messed there something up. had just fokused on release check and not that option. will go in and check it out..gimme a few min.
ed- damn, seems you are right so i fucked up there. window is not long enough to combo into it without that option. will edit older posts so that people get not confused :oops:

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
There’s a lot of people crying about how much damage she’s doing but they fail to understand that she’s getting that damage from a KB, 2 bars and a FB. Yea it’s a lot of damage but she’s using a lot of resources to get it.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I’m low key obsessed with Whip and Flip. The hitbox on this shit is enormous, it feels fast, and it goes hella far. Perfect way to counter fireballs on a read.

Given everything I’ve seen here, I’m starting to believe Royal Edenian may be her weakest variation. I just can’t see giving up the utility of her other two variations for an average fireball.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I’m low key obsessed with Whip and Flip. The hitbox on this shit is enormous, it feels fast, and it goes hella far. Perfect way to counter fireballs on a read.

Given everything I’ve seen here, I’m starting to believe Royal Edenian may be her weakest variation. I just can’t see giving up the utility of her other two variations for an average fireball.
Whip & Flip also, strangely enough, can beat out opponents' jump attacks because of how quickly the hitbox activates.

Easily my favorite attack of hers, especially since it makes a fantastic combo ender for no meter.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I think variation 3 is gonna be the pound-for-pound go to variation. Sindel is gonna be a very heavily matchup based char imo, and variation 3 just gives her the basics to compete that the other 2 don't have.

Also air-homing orb thing is way better than I thought it was, cause it does not go away if Sindel gets hit. So its guaranteed round ender for sure.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I think variation 3 is gonna be the pound-for-pound go to variation. Sindel is gonna be a very heavily matchup based char imo, and variation 3 just gives her the basics to compete that the other 2 don't have.

Also air-homing orb thing is way better than I thought it was, cause it does not go away if Sindel gets hit. So its guaranteed round ender for sure.
Stream was so fun today! (I am PoisonMadGear there.)

Still trying to get the MK3 in purple. I have like... five other colors now.

Gaxkang

Banned
Well Sindel is cool and interesting for sure... :cool:

Though her D1 is an 8 frame which can make me go :oops: in this game.

Anybody got assessments of her D1 and what you can do with it on hit?

Her amplify scream could be a bit more intuitive control-wise, too.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me

WHY IS SHE THE PRETTIEST BITCH IN THE GAME?! Who told her to SNAP LIKE THIS!?

Anywho, that's what my loadout looks like. The boots are temporary. But the skin itself and the hair is chef's kiss Perfecto. I love the wedding outfit vibes and the hair is soooo pretty. (The flower on back of her head is white too so it matches the flowers on her crown. It's queen shit bruh)

I love her so much. Even though I suck. I've been playing her first variation mostly. I have augments that boost the damage for her first variations moves and her scream, and I have an augment that causes the A.I. to take damage whenever they hit me lmao. So, my suckiness is rewarded. Praise be.

I'll never get over how beautiful she is. Ugh. Her mind. I'm working to get her 'Dark Humor' Victory animation in her character towers and then she'll be perfect. My queen. They honestly did so well with her I couldn't be happier.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Well Sindel is cool and interesting for sure... :cool:

Though her D1 is an 8 frame which can make me go :oops: in this game.

Anybody got assessments of her D1 and what you can do with it on hit?

Her amplify scream could be a bit more intuitive control-wise, too.
Her d1 is slow, yes, but it’s still her fastest poke out of pressure (low-profiling with d4 not-withstanding). On hit, you should be able to jail the opponent onto her 112 string. While not great overall, this should open up throw setups off of her 1 and 11, opening up her crushing blows. Granted, all of this means nothing if you haven’t previously conditioned your opponent.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
So the Whip & Flip move utterly annihilates "Floor is Lava" jump back entire game Kung Lao players...

Espio

Kokomo
Just a cool factoid on Jade versus variation three Sindel. Her air fireballs go through glow so Jade still has to hold those like everyone else. Interesting to see because it means her jump versus air fireball game remains effective.

Gaxkang

Banned
Her d1 is slow, yes, but it’s still her fastest poke out of pressure (low-profiling with d4 not-withstanding). On hit, you should be able to jail the opponent onto her 112 string. While not great overall, this should open up throw setups off of her 1 and 11, opening up her crushing blows. Granted, all of this means nothing if you haven’t previously conditioned your opponent.
Offline I suppose I could see D1 jailing into 112 string, but online from trying it out I think people can forget about it. You could get the string out perhaps, but it will be all blocked...that's the best I could get going.

Which means on D1 all she gets to do is try a throw (ad nauseum in MK11), but with Sindel her throws can feel a bit whiffy sometimes, like, you need to move forward slightly to land it sometimes compared to how throws feel with Kano. That's what it feels like to me anyways.

I get the feeling online a character like Geras will take her apart for example unless she overwhelms and gets all the offense right (ad nauseam again with MK11). He's got a lot going. And people gotta figure on fighting in 150-200 ms (even if the indicator says otherwise).

She is a cool character for sure. The abilities I like most are spread across the 3 variations (gah). But I think people will need to really beware of D1 situations vs. faster or better pokes, which happens a lot in the game.