What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Uggghh this wait is gonna be the worst.

I'm so glad we have to sit through a terminator reveal before an actual mk character comes out.

Looks like I'll be spending more time in the Sindel waiting room. Not playing mk. The joy.

Crimea

Noob
I'm a bit triggered by how young her face looks lol. She's supposed to be old and it's completely clashing with her grey hair.
She wasn’t really that old when she died and Kitana was still a child. And she stayed dead basically the whole Kitana’s life.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Let me say Sindel looks amazing in the reveal. You can see the resemblance between her and Kitana. A more mature version of the princess.

In the reveal I couldn't help but notice she was levitating above the ground. I think this means she will have her levitation ability with air moves built in. I'm hoping she has diagonal air fireballs and possibly flight cancels. It will be interesting to have someone who is the master of the sky and have air counter zoning/footsie moves.

November can't come soon enough. But I'm actually excited about all of them. Terminator, looks insane and Joker will be one of my fave and I've always wanted Spawn in MK. This will be one of the few MK's that I'll actually main more than 5 characters because I can't not use just one.
I'll be using:
Shang
Nightwolf
Terminator
Sindel
Joker
Spawn
No matter what they play like.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I’m really excited to see her human design because her revenant look is beautiful, but, so much grey on a character is sort of unappealing to me. If they have a MK3 skin it’s a wrap, I’m happy. She’s my fallback for this pack if I end up disappointed with Terminators playstyle.

Since every character has a weapon as their gear this game, will Sindel get her Kwan Dao back? I actually hope they don't bring it back and actually use her hair as her weapon. She does have that flower hair pin that we've seen in the side view art, so it makes sense for that to be the gear piece. I wouldn't understand why she randomly got a hairpin if they aren't going to utilize it

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Not every character has a weapon for gear. Frost and Cetrion come to mind. Sindel doesn't really need a weapon between her screams and hair.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Since every character has a weapon as their gear this game, will Sindel get her Kwan Dao back? I actually hope they don't bring it back and actually use her hair as her weapon. She does have that flower hair pin that we've seen in the side view art, so it makes sense for that to be the gear piece. I wouldn't understand why she randomly got a hairpin if they aren't going to utilize it
My hope is that they'll incorporate her hair more into her normals as a 'weapon'.

I think the hairpin seems promising as gear. If Sindel’s hair is being pinned up to make her appear more queenly, I assume she’ll occasionally take the pin out to unleash her hair for various moves like grabs at different distances. She might even use it for a few stabs if her hair has tied someone up.

Raider

Noob
I think that main issue is that they scanned real human faces for their character models. And every character in this game looks too similar to the model they used. I am not sure do we know who is Sindel's face model but she kinda looks "too human" to me. Also very similar to Kitana, and it might be the worst look in the game for me.

To me, her face is a combination of Kitana's and Cetrion's. I don't think it's implicitly either one, but a balance of both.

Looking at this more detailed pic, I'm still trying to decide what they will make her gear pieces. I definitely think hair ornamentation/crowns will be one slot. But, it could also be gauntlets like Shang and Kung Lao, or it could be the collar/shoulder pads section. Or, it could even be the metal corset section that includes a train.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Sindel looks graceful and charming, as always; I'm 100% OK with her new look, they did a good decent update/upgrade for her on the new graphics .....

this woman is fucking underrated on the MK lore, and deserves to be praised more, hehe :D

BTW does anyone know where exactly on Twitter this was posted? I asked on Reddit yesterday who posted it and all I got in response was, "Twitter." But, I don't see it from MK or Ed Boon.