What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Really? I hate it, but to each his own, ai guess. I do like that we get evil Sindel though. Good Sindel is boring.

I doubt it will happen, but I wish her MK9 actress is back. She was perfect. Not a fan of the MKX one.
Precisely though.

Good Sindel is just not as interesting to me in concept and it would also change her aesthetics.

I love the evil queen aesthetic but I’m tired of her being a mind controlled puppet too.

This retcon allows her to still be a sinister magical bitch, but still her own woman.

Like do you guys really want Sindel to be floating around talking about peace and love and wearing white and stuff like that, or for her to still be a complete agencyless doll with no actual character traits of her own due to magical mind manipulation?

I’d hope neither of those, what we’re getting seems like the best choice IMO

darth_infamous

#InfamousXO
There is a Kombat Kast tomorrow for Shang Tsung. I doubt there will be anything about Sindel, but I would love to see a render.

Afumba

Noob
Precisely though.

Good Sindel is just not as interesting to me in concept and it would also change her aesthetics.

I love the evil queen aesthetic but I’m tired of her being a mind controlled puppet too.

This retcon allows her to still be a sinister magical bitch, but still her own woman.

Like do you guys really want Sindel to be floating around talking about peace and love and wearing white and stuff like that, or for her to still be a complete agencyless doll with no actual character traits of her own due to magical mind manipulation?

I’d hope neither of those, what we’re getting seems like the best choice IMO
Being good is a really loose concept in worlds like MKs. She could be good but still be ruthless btch. Also just because someone is good doesnt have to mean she needs to be a Disney princess.

I would prefer her being somehow like Hel from Smite. Good and kind but also merciless and ruthless. Therefore i would have liked her to have a story about trying to rebuild her kingdom and revenge at all costs, slaughtering everyone in her way.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
The new reconnected bio of Sindel is absolute garbage. It would only work if somehow it was still the brainwashed version of the character. But even if that was the intention I somehow doubt we will see any mention of this anywhere in the game. Having us believe this is what Sindel was like all along. It's such a slap in the face to fans that have loved this game for the lore since the MK Trilogy and 3D Era days.

I honestly think if Tobias had never left we would not be having these issues with inconsistency like we are now. But I guess I just gotta deal with how it is, I still love this series and will support it in the future but it just makes me burnout, you know? It's like if they change Reptiles bio to him being the reason his race went extinct and now he was just wants to gain power and conquer like shao kahn, it would ruin him.

I'm just getting so tired of the inconsistency, if rumors of a story dlc are true I really hope they get their shit together and make it actually faithful to the established lore of older games, or at least somewhat consistent to what we have now.

Lokheit

Noob
Though I have strong doubts it'll happen because I know it'll be part of her costumes, I really really REALLY hope her hair is her gear "weapon."
Probably more like tiara/headdress slot rather than hairstyle. Easier to implement hair moves that way.

S+ Main

Noob
Hasn't she always been a revenant, every version of her I have seen she has had cloudy/white eyes and now she rocks the revamped revenant look