What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Ppl care about these characters. They have been around for years or decades. And when you change something drastic about them like NRS did with Sindel, sure there will be different reactions.
I don’t see the big deal honestly and I like the change tbh. I didn’t care if she was evil or not. I just liked the way she played, looked and powers.

It’s just a video game character. Some people in here are acting like Sindel is their mother or something lol. It’s not that deep.

if kitana became evil or if Mileena became a hero, I really wouldn’t gaf lol.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
I don’t see the big deal honestly and I like the change tbh. I didn’t care if she was evil or not. I just liked the way she played, looked and powers.

It’s just a video game character. Some people in here are acting like Sindel is their mother or something lol. It’s not that deep.

if kitana became evil or if Mileena became a hero, I really wouldn’t gaf lol.
News flash: some people care about, and get involved with video game characters and storytelling.
That's why there are video game writers, and they get paid.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
News flash: some people care about, and get involved with video game characters and storytelling.
That's why there are video game writers, and they get paid.
I think what hes saying is generally people don't play fighters for story. Now if it was a deadly alliance style adventure then story continuity would be important but since it's more generalized play tutorial in the grand scheme it's not important. Only 42% of psn users even have the story completion trophy. Half the players on playstation haven't even bothered finishing it 5months in.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I think people get too invested in characters in a game where the story is never the main driving point. This is a fighting game. That's the sole focus. If you get attached to characters it's your problem.

Mileena fans and apparently Sindel fans are a clear example of being too attached to fictional characters in a MORTAL KOMBAT game. Where characters die, change, whatever constantly. If this is where the creators of the game, the people who made the game and its characters in the first place, want to take the character...it's where they want to take the character. You might not like it, but that's on that. At the end of the day, NRS can do whatever they want with these characters. If you get too attached to how they look, acted, played etc in a previous game, then that's on you and only you. Y'all shoulda learned that like 3 games ago.

This isn't The Last of Us. This is a game that thrives off of insane stereotypes and gimmicks.

Sindel's gimmick was that she looked like a crazy evil bitch, but during the story, she was apparently a kind person?? It doesn't translate well. Like, I'm supposed to look at this crazy bitch who's screaming people's skin off and has Elvira hair and glowing eyes and think she CARES ABOUT PEOPLE? Girl, bye. Fuck ya nuance lmao. That shit didn't make any sense to me. Even as a kid it just didn't translate visually.

But now I see people saying "Why didn't they change how she looks and have her be a good guy blahblahblah." Fuck no. Fuck outta here with that shit because if they did that, y'all would bitch that she doesn't have the evil appearance that made her so iconic in the first place.

But I digress. None of this shit actually matters because none of it is connected to the actual story outside of pre-match dialogue and her ending and we won't know if any of it even sticks until MK12 comes around. If it does.

Y'all are just punching the air for nothing. Have a Snickers cause y'all are bitter when you're hungry.

Makuholick

Killa Queen
But now I see people saying "Why didn't they change how she looks and have her be a good guy blahblahblah." Fuck no. Fuck outta here with that shit because if they did that, y'all would bitch that she doesn't have the evil appearance that made her so iconic in the first place.
Just...stop, man

xXRagingFlameXx

Just...stop, man
I said what I said and I'm not wrong. Have you not seen the people saying they should change her design in order to better accommodate her being a good guy? It's clownery, luv xx

She looks how she looks. Evil af. Which is what they made her. As they should've. People can stay mad.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
real excited to get my hands on Sindel 3rd variartion. only thing i dont know yet is after she is in full flight with in the 3 tournament variations, can she do a special move?? or is it really locked in Kustoms O_O

Makuholick

Killa Queen
Have you not seen the people saying they should change her design in order to better accommodate her being a good guy?
No, I haven't. And it was changed anyway. You, alongside Norse (Ironic considering Jade's role in the story mode) could very easily just be NRS fanboys, but this doesn't look evil in the slightest to me

xXRagingFlameXx

No, I haven't. And it was changed anyway. You, alongside Norse, could very easily just be NRS fanboys, but this doesn't look evil in the slightest to me

Some of these people just need to find another company to write for
She literally looks evil af there. Like, am I the only person seeing the evil smirk and the look in her eyes? The dark costume. Like, definitely doesn't look like your friendly neighborhood soccer mom lmao. The only difference is her eyes aren't glowing white but other than that, it's practically her MK3 costume. Where she looked evil af.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
Lore's just understandably hot right now. I feel the same way and I sympathise with the fans who're disappointed.
Aside from that, I can't wait till we all start swapping tech. Really excited for the release next week :)

Last edited:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
It's alright if you don't care about lore.
It's alright if you like the Sindel retcon.
It's alright if you don't even care about Sindel.
There's nothing wrong with any of these things and I would never condemn any of you for having these opinions.

However, none of you can come at me and tell me what I can or can't feel about these things, or tell me what opinions I should or shouldn't have. I care about lore, even in fighting games, and very much in Mortal Kombat. I don't care much for the Sindel retcon, but I absolutely adored her past story and feel sad about the changes made to her. I am disappointed about the retcon, and I will explain why when the discussion calls for it.

So to those of you who go "Who cares, this isn't important, you're a moron for caring about these things"... well, fuck you then, you're not part of this conversation and add nothing to it. It's like entering a sports bar and go "LOL, who cares about sports, that's just stupid and everyone who disagree with me are wrong!" :rolleyes:

All that said and done, I am excited about Sindel's inclusion as DLC in this game, she looks amazing and I think her gameplay looks awesome! I am definitely going to play as her, and I support anyone else who are also excited about her inclusion, no matter your stance on Sindel's lore!

4 days to go! ♥

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
She literally looks evil af there. Like, am I the only person seeing the evil smirk and the look in her eyes? The dark costume. Like, definitely doesn't look like your friendly neighborhood soccer mom lmao. The only difference is her eyes aren't glowing white but other than that, it's practically her MK3 costume. Where she looked evil af.
yep, she is a charming evil , with major class, hehe ! :p

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
It's like entering a sports bar and go "LOL, who cares about sports, that's just stupid and everyone who disagree with me are wrong!"
its actually more like going into a sportsbar and talking about the haircut of a player and someone coming at you with "LoL, who cares"....

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
its actually more like going into a sportsbar and talking about the haircut of a player and someone coming at you with "LoL, who cares"....
Well, to be more precise... If someone talks about the life of one of the players of a football team outside of the games shown on the screen, and you'd go "LoL, who cares"...

When we talk about Sindel's hair or design, you'd be more on point with your example.

And again, if you don't care, fair enough. But then you're just not part of the conversation.

However, none of you can come at me and tell me what I can or can't feel about these things, or tell me what opinions I should or shouldn't have. I care about lore, even in fighting games, and very much in Mortal Kombat. I don't care much for the Sindel retcon, but I absolutely adored her past story and feel sad about the changes made to her. I am disappointed about the retcon, and I will explain why when the discussion calls for it.
I agree with this stance. Ultimately feeling dissapointed at the change is perfectly valid and so is caring for the story. Ultimately NRS does want that emotional investment else they wouldnt be making a story mode in first place. I do think however, that it is important to try to see things from a developer POV as well when it comes to things like these

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
I think people get too invested in characters in a game where the story is never the main driving point. This is a fighting game. That's the sole focus. If you get attached to characters it's your problem.

Mileena fans and apparently Sindel fans are a clear example of being too attached to fictional characters in a MORTAL KOMBAT game. Where characters die, change, whatever constantly. If this is where the creators of the game, the people who made the game and its characters in the first place, want to take the character...it's where they want to take the character. You might not like it, but that's on that. At the end of the day, NRS can do whatever they want with these characters. If you get too attached to how they look, acted, played etc in a previous game, then that's on you and only you. Y'all shoulda learned that like 3 games ago.

This isn't The Last of Us. This is a game that thrives off of insane stereotypes and gimmicks.

Sindel's gimmick was that she looked like a crazy evil bitch, but during the story, she was apparently a kind person?? It doesn't translate well. Like, I'm supposed to look at this crazy bitch who's screaming people's skin off and has Elvira hair and glowing eyes and think she CARES ABOUT PEOPLE? Girl, bye. Fuck ya nuance lmao. That shit didn't make any sense to me. Even as a kid it just didn't translate visually.

But I digress. None of this shit actually matters because none of it is connected to the actual story outside of pre-match dialogue and her ending and we won't know if any of it even sticks until MK12 comes around. If it does.

Y'all are just punching the air for nothing. Have a Snickers cause y'all are bitter when you're hungry.
I wasn't aware that the way people enjoy their favorite game needs to be sanctioned by you beforehand

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I agree with this stance. Ultimately feeling dissapointed at the change is perfectly valid and so is caring for the story. Ultimately NRS does want that emotional investment else they wouldnt be making a story mode in first place. I do think however, that it is important to try to see things from a developer POV as well when it comes to things like these
Considering how much money WB invests in the NRS games' story modes, the voice acting, the intro dialogues etc... it does seem like they think lore in those fighting games are important. Maybe not so much the consistency of the lore from game to game, but the existence of the lore is being nurtured quite a lot by the devs.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Considering how much money WB invests in the NRS games' story modes, the voice acting, the intro dialogues etc... it does seem like they think lore in those fighting games are important. Maybe not so much the consistency of the lore from game to game, but the existence of the lore is being nurtured quite a lot by the devs.
Yeah NRS games are literally the fighting games that care about story the most. This+ the franchise's history and people get surprised when some fans care about the lore lul

xXRagingFlameXx

I love the Mortal Kombat lore. I've spent hours reading through the wiki pages for not just the main story, but for each individual character. Reading every ending, watching lore videos, watching cutscenes for all the games and watching playthroughs etc.

That's why I think Mortal Kombat is the best fighting game. Because it has a lit ass story.

But, I'm not gonna let myself get upset because of lore from 1995-2006.

I wasn't aware that the way people enjoy their favorite game needs to be sanctioned by you beforehand
I wasn't aware that I said they did.