What's new

Shujinko

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Not without knee he isn't. Takes some of his specials too.
He actually goes back to having the axe but cannot use specials.

I think it's unfortunate and bad that a Shunjinko player would have to change character under the pro comp rules if they face Shao but that bug does probably make Shao true garbage tier.

Marinjuana

Mortal Kombat 1 Patch Notes - 10/23/2023

Shujinko (Kameo)
  • Kopy Kat Ice Slide (Sub-Zero) now does 110 (up from 30)
  • Mimic Time Stop (Geras) will now cause an alternate hit reaction if the victim has already been hit by Time Stop in the same combo
  • Mimic Stab Stab (Baraka) now does correct damage to an airborne opponent
  • Roll (Mileena), Drill Kick (Tanya), Charging Pain (Reiko), and Sand-Nado (Geras) will no longer sometimes cause alternate hit reactions when used in certain combos with Shujinko's Mimic
  • Fixed using Smoke's Invisibility followed by Fatal Blow causing lingering invisibility proceeded by re-appearing with no visual effects
  • Shujinko morphing into a Shang Tsung opponent's Kameo will no longer cause himself to get stuck near the corner in certain rare situations
  • Fixed visual issue when performing Kopy Kat against Havik
  • Fixed issue during endurance fights which could cause Kopy Kat and Mimic to not work as intended after the first opponent

Marinjuana

Shujinko also got a stealth nerf I guess(didn't see it listed anywhere) where he now behaves like a normal Kameo when hit by the opponent's attack. Before, he wouldn't suffer the cooldown and you could just bring him right back in to tank projectiles or whatever. Now you'll have to wait for him to recharge and not be able to use breaker for that time.

Shujinko steals Clap and three of Omni-Man's stance follow up moves.

Clap is dfK and seems to be the same as OM's but -10 instead of -15 on block.
V Stance 2 is dbK; Shujinko does the same teleport punch into launcher as Omni-man's db3 2 (stops at knee pop up)
If you press dbKd Shujinko will instead do OM's db3 3 overhead launcher.
Pressing dbKf will perform OM's db3 4 dash uppercut, which also launches.

The uppercut appears to be safe on block, but can be armored through.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

• Shujinko (Kameo) - Reduced knock out duration when hit during Meditate to 3 seconds (from 6)
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed using Reiko's Retaliation as a special cancel after Apep Punch or Konquest Kick not being able to Parry
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed issues with Mimic & Kopy Kat Invisibility lingering into cinematics
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed visual issue causing claws to appear clipping through the ground when performing Kopy Kat against Shang Tsung
  • Shujinko (Kameo) - Fixed AI being unable to use several stolen moves
Nice changes for our boy here! He got the 3 seconds buff along with Motaro which lets him do more of the bullet taking that he did pre patch. And I haven't gotten the patch downloaded yet but Reiko's mimicry moves were borderline useless so I'm glad to see that they adjusted that. I do a lot of conquest kick on block already so here's hoping it's a good parry bait

Marinjuana

Shujinko steals Clap and three of Omni-Man's stance follow up moves.

Clap is dfK and seems to be the same as OM's but -10 instead of -15 on block.
V Stance 2 is dbK; Shujinko does the same teleport punch into launcher as Omni-man's db3 2 (stops at knee pop up)
If you press dbKd Shujinko will instead do OM's db3 3 overhead launcher.
Pressing dbKf will perform OM's db3 4 dash uppercut, which also launches.

The uppercut appears to be safe on block, but can be armored through.
Lot of launches from range, seems like some good options, and probably without the risk that they normally carry for Omniman to use. Cancelling into the uppercut actually seems kinda janky, I keep getting the clap by mistake, it can read it as DFK instead of DBKF.

DBK is pretty normal damage for Shujinko, easy combo in midscreen, you can probably use it later in combos more often then other Shujinko stuff.

DBKF gave me a little more damage in corner, probably hard for most characters to combo with in midscreen, it doesn't come with the second hit that DBK has, and is the fastest of the three.

DBKD probably more of a setup or zoning tool but you can juggle into it. The launch is very generous. I'd expect some nasty stuff with Rain's low puddle mixed with it

Shang can use ground skulls to convert of all of it no matter the range

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Would it be too much to ask for a buff that lets you cancel Shujinko's punch or kick into the point character's special attacks (and just make it cost whatever amount of Kameo bar they think is fair)?

Those moves help with making confirmable strings for characters that don't have more than single hit mids, but having the special be reliant on who the opponent is playing was always the biggest deterrent. Only worth it if the special move is actually something you want to cancel into, so why not have options from the character you are actually using?

Marinjuana

Okay so Shujinko copies horizontal skull and bone cage.
Skull is -1 on block up close (Quan's is -17).
Shujinko can aim the bone cage like Quan Chi can, but his is +12 on block.
Bonus that Skull (DFK) will actually be the purple skull enhanced by Zone of Power if Enemy Quan is standing in the zone

Also good that skull jails from both punch and kick!

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Made a video with a bunch of tech and combos for Shang/Shujinko. I think it's a good team that works well together, Shujinko generally gives Shang a big damage boost but there is some other interesting tools.

Marinjuana

What do you guys expect?

Hope they make his DFK(the half bar moves usually a projectile) into an ambush if you have full meter. That might be too good in some cases, but it would be make up for Shujinko's biggest issue which is bad matchups where you get underwhelming moves. This would be an easy fix for the man.

You could also buff a bunch of his DFK moves like they did when adjusting Sub Zero's slide, but that might be too much work and might not make sense.

They could also adjust the frames on his Conquest Kick mid(-12) and Apep Punch(-6 high) to make them more desirable on block, or do something bold like make Conquest Kick a restand.

I've liked some of the buffs they have given Shujinko, the 100 HP went a long way and they semi reverted the nerf to him not having a cooldown when getting hit.. I think they've given him some thoughtful buffs. But he could use more to really shine as a fun kameo so I'm glad to hear Boon teasing it

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.

What do you guys expect?

Hope they make his DFK(the half bar moves usually a projectile) into an ambush if you have full meter. That might be too good in some cases, but it would be make up for Shujinko's biggest issue which is bad matchups where you get underwhelming moves. This would be an easy fix for the man.

You could also buff a bunch of his DFK moves like they did when adjusting Sub Zero's slide, but that might be too much work and might not make sense.

They could also adjust the frames on his Conquest Kick mid(-12) and Apep Punch(-6 high) to make them more desirable on block, or do something bold like make Conquest Kick a restand.

I've liked some of the buffs they have given Shujinko, the 100 HP went a long way and they semi reverted the nerf to him not having a cooldown when getting hit.. I think they've given him some thoughtful buffs. But he could use more to really shine as a fun kameo so I'm glad to hear Boon teasing it
I personally would like:
-Meditate ambush run always available, even if Shujinko is fully charged.
-Meditate Run can be cancelled into Apep or Conquest for half a kameo bar. (More cancel options would be cool but I question the powerlevel. Example 2 bars and full kameo meter could let you cancel Meditate into apep, into strong copy move)
-Bigger cancel window after Apep or Conquest for mind games.
-A UI indicator to represent when Shujinko is active even when hes below 50% charge.