What's new

Shujinko

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Shujinko's meditate takes 2.5 seconds to fill half the meter, and 5 seconds to fill the whole meter. His Apep Punch and Konquest Kick assists don't take any Kameo meter, both are minus on block, with Konquest Kick being unsafe, I believe.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I am starting to think Shunjiko could be the best kemeo in the game. It is like a adaptive hard counter to any character that they choose agaist you. As long as ou have labed combos with that special.

We have all seen the crazy shang-tsung and kenshi ones already plus the garas time stop...

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yeah I think he's underrated, but matchup dependent. There's definitely going to be times where the moves he copies do not add a lot for your character.

I've been using him a good bit as Shang, I was thinking they wouldn't be great together because Shang so easily gets good damage ground skull combos and doesn't have all these strings to mix up with apep punch. But to my surprise, Shujinko meditating goes well with Shang zoning.

In a lot of matchups, Shang can spam straight skulls and often you'll see people try to trade with their projectile. Shujinko is nice for this he will eat any single hitting projectile (you would have to aim him low to hit a low projectile) and you'll still take a little damage but your move comes out. Ensuring that triple skulls will "trade" well and allowing you to fish a combo from EX ground skulls with no fear of projectile trade. This idea is most effective when you don't have full Kameo bar because you can instantly summon him, although this still works in theory if you whiff apep punch or the kick.

So it's pretty easy for Shang to get Shujinko out and Shang can get mileage out of Shujinko mimic moves to add potential mixups, block strings, bigger combo paths or a setup. Otherwise, a lot of single Kameo use moves are decent projectiles.

Shang's s3~Apep Punch jails at -6 on block which you could do block strings with mimicry.

I was testing it last night before sleep so not positive but I believe Shang's d4~conquest kick cannot be poked out of which would make it a nice way to implement some Shujinko stuff.

Last edited:

Jynks

One of the hidden techs with him is that he can be used as a damage shield. You can summon him in with the intent of him taking a hit. It can open a gap to attack and even make them drop combos. It is technically something all Kameos can do, but the way he just sits there meditating means it is a lot easier to intentionally use him like this.

Jynks

I've been using him a good bit as Shang, I was thinking they wouldn't be great together because Shang so easily gets good damage ground skull combos and doesn't have all these strings to mix up with apep punch. But to my surprise, Shujinko meditating goes well with Shang zoning.
Foxy used him to counter Kenshi. As you can steal the ghost. He has some crazy damage combos with Shang and Ghost

Marinjuana

"Please NRS, add Kameo meter options to practice mode thanks" - From all Shujinko players

One of the hidden techs with him is that he can be used as a damage shield. You can summon him in with the intent of him taking a hit. It can open a gap to attack and even make them drop combos. It is technically something all Kameos can do, but the way he just sits there meditating means it is a lot easier to intentionally use him like this.
I really wish he gave a health increase if this was the intent behind giving him the Defense tag.
Unorthodox Kounters makes sense, and he is fun to use, and calling him back without cooldown feels key to him. But at the same time all I've been able to find or see from other people's efforts is how he can deal combo damage when he hits; he doesn't make you safe or plus, he can add a mid to your strings which is neat, but otherwise it's just grounded combo starters and some help in neutral. Other kameos still feel a lot more functional so far, especially with the likes of Cyrax and Kung Lowhat.

Marinjuana

Apep punch will add a safe option for some strings but also some characters mimic options are good on block. I didn't test f there was a gap but I think Baraka's anti air swipes can be used as safe ender.

And yeah super easy to charge him up mid combo which can let you take advantage of certain moves on knockdown maybe even if you combo'd with Shujinko

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
Here is the list of Shujinko moves, but keep in mind the frame data changes a little bit for each of these, I've marked significant block advantage changes I noticed but I didn't get every detail. I also measured block advantages at point blank. The moves will be listed as db kameo, then df kameo:

Kitana - Fan-Nado (non-controllable), Square Wave

Mileena - Roll (-55 on block), Straight Sai

Tanya - Drill Kick, Heavenly Hand

Rain - EX Upflow (-4 on block), Water Beam (non-chargeable)

Smoke - Unique Move (This move just turns you invisible, it has a startup of 18 and an active of 37, but it seems like you can move somewhere between 20 and 30 frames. The invisibility lasts about 3.5 seconds), Shadow Blade (This version does not pull the opponent towards you like Smoke's does at the end)

Scorpion - Spear (-3 on block), Twisted Kyo (-9 on block)

Sub-Zero - Ice Ball (Seems to have the same scaling as Sub's), Slide (30 Dmg)

Reptile - Force Ball (non-controllable, -4 on block), Acid Spit

Li Mei - EX Nova Blast (-12 on block), Shi Zi Lion

Kenshi - Sento Stance, Ancestral Guard (Extendable)

Baraka - Stab Stab (0 on block), Bleeding Blade

Geras - EX Time Stop (20 Dmg), Sandstorm (Controllable, doesn't say what the advantage is but this move is very safe)

General Shao - Death Quake (7 on block), Power Strike

Sindel - Kartwheel (Launches), Hairball (-8 on block, knockdown)

Reiko - EX Retaliation (Doesn't swap sides), Tactical Takedown (-26 on block, 90 Dmg)

Raiden - EX Lightning Port (-3 on block, Shujinko version leaves you grounded instead of teleporting into the air after the hit), Electric Orb (Extendable, knocks down but has combo potential, at least in the corner)

Liu Kang - EX Dragon's Tail, Low Dragon (Knockdown)

Johnny Cage - EX Ball Buster, Shadow Kick

Kung Lao - Shaolin Spin (Extendable), Buzzsaw

Ashrah - Light Ascension, Heaven's Beacon (90 Dmg, -3 on block, knocks down but has combo potential)

Nitara - Leap of Faith, Bad Blood (Knockdown)

Havik - Seeking Neoplasm (27 on block), Twisted Torso (4 on block)

Sorry no Shang Tsung as I do not have him yet. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Marinjuana

@WA-Finest Thanks for the list! Shujinko against Shang will copy straight skull for a half bar which you can do all three versions(single, double, triple skull) by holding the button down long enough. The full bar will have Shujinko form steal into the opponent's Kameo, and for me it seems bugged right now and the Kameo often goes completely invisible when I test it in practice lmao

If you are in the true mirror Shang/Shujinko vs Shang/Shujinko, Shujinko mimicry will give you the damage buff effect from EX injection instead

Marinjuana

Why does his stolen slide only do 30 I wonder
It doesn't go into the animation where he stabs you with spear like Sub does. 30 damage is pretty bad lol like barely usable, I hope they adjust it

Thankfully you can easily combo into iceball after kick or punch so Shujinko still has use

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
It doesn't go into the animation where he stabs you with spear like Sub does. 30 damage is pretty bad lol like barely usable, I hope they adjust it

Thankfully you can easily combo into iceball after kick or punch so Shujinko still has use
Yeah should have made it ex slide he takes or something. But I guess it's a risk free full screen low slide