What's new

Question - Shinnok Should Shinnok's S3 be a low?

Should he?

• Yes

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 65 72.2%

• Total voters

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
As you may or may not know, Shinnok's s3 has a toe stomp animation, making it look like it REALLY should be a low. Furthermore it cannot be parried by most parries for instance Assassin Kitana's parry. It can however be parried by Kano's low parry (not his high/mid one though). My, not so far fetched, guess is that the move was at some point a low and somehow kept it's properties.

That being said, would he be too strong if he had a low string? It would probably not change the Boneshaper gamestyle anything since he has a faster low string already. HOWEVER it would be a great boost to his other two variations.

Impostor would probably benefit the most since it would give him a legit vortex after mimicry. S3 being 15 frames and B3 being 18 would make it hard/impossible to fuzzy. AND it would give him a safe (ish) string to throw out which can be confirmed into a full combo, made + with HS or EX Amulet and so on. Furthermore it would up his corner damage even further.

Necromancer would not be as severely buffed as Impostor but having a low, safe (ish), hit confirmable string would make him less meter dependent. The improved 50/50 game would benefit him and make his oki stronger.

Bear in mind two things. First of all, standing 3 is -4 on block, 31 is -14, 312 is -7 so it would not be useful for staggers. Second, s3 has shit range.

Discuss.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Yes.

Always a good idea to buff Shinnok.

Ferreal though, he's not the only one that suffers from normals looking like they definitely should be something else. Triborg's 21 for example. How the hell is that 2 a high? I mean, just look at the animation and where it hits.
Indeed, he is not unique but it's not as common that a move that is supposed to be a mid get's parried by a low parry.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I...well...I don't think so.

On the one hand, it reminds me of Nightwolf's F3 in MK9, in that it looks so much like a low that it makes no sense that it isn't.
But on the other hand, Shinnok is already pretty damn powerful to begin with. A low 3 would potentially turn Impostor into Bone Shaper all over again in that it'd be an unnecessary luxury.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I...well...I don't think so.

On the one hand, it reminds me of Nightwolf's F3 in MK9, in that it looks so much like a low that it makes no sense that it isn't.
But on the other hand, Shinnok is already pretty damn powerful to begin with. A low 3 would potentially turn Impostor into Bone Shaper all over again in that it'd be an unnecessary luxury.
Yeah it's not like Impostor needs it. Necromancer on the other hand... (but tbh if he could just whiff less and maybe get a string off his f4 he'd be fine)

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I'll ask you a question with a question, kitana's f+2 looks exactly like an overhead. Should it be an overhead?

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Yes.

Always a good idea to buff Shinnok.

Ferreal though, he's not the only one that suffers from normals looking like they definitely should be something else. Triborg's 21 for example. How the hell is that 2 a high? I mean, just look at the animation and where it hits.
I don't know about that, changing a move just bc it looks like a high or mid doesn't really make much sense to me.

If a move is a high I believe it should stay as what it was designed to be not what it looks like it could be.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I don't know why, but most of you seem to assume this is a "plz buff shinnok"-thread. It's not. Impostor does not need any buffs. But this move is, afaik, the only move that essentially is a low vs parries but does not register as a low. I just thought was interesting. It is not only about whether or not it LOOKS like a low.

I don't know why, but most of you seem to assume this is a "plz buff shinnok"-thread. It's not. Impostor does not need any buffs. But this move is, afaik, the only move that essentially is a low vs parries but does not register as a low. I just thought was interesting. It is not only about whether or not it LOOKS like a low.
Just ignore people like that , whenever someone posts an opinon about something idiots will always assume you are asking for a buff/nerf.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
yes, s3 should indeed be a low, but on the other hand impostor's last buff isn't needed. trade? and maybe adding a little safeness to his amulet, yes?

How would it change imposter ?

Oh its hit confirm able , im pretty sure you cant link hellsparks to it though ( i dont remember ) but yeah...
hitconfirmable, safe, meterbuilding low option after mimicry and corner damage. it's a pretty good buff.

Do you guys really want to give imposter a hit confirm able low?

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
yes, s3 should indeed be a low, but on the other hand impostor's last buff isn't needed. trade? and maybe adding a little safeness to his amulet, yes?

hitconfirmable, safe, meterbuilding low option after mimicry and corner damage. it's a pretty good buff.
Make amulet +4 on hit (from +2) and -8 on block (from -10). But really shinnok, apart from Necro, is fine.