What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Should Scorpion's Teleport Have Armor At All Times?

braandooon

I don't even know...
What about armor on ex spear instead of teleport? I think that would be a little better if they were going to give him armor on anything.
He can't use two Spears in one combo so it wouldn't get to much damage off of it but he could use it to armor through projectiles and gaps. I don't think that would put him over the top but really I feel scorpion is in a good spot atleast in hellfire and ninjitsu so none of this is needed at all for him
I actually like that idea, even though it'd be kinda weird :p Just imagine armoring a gap with spears!

braandooon

I don't even know...
I actually think it should have armor. It's already evasive as it is, but when it fails to evade Scorpion can get really shafted.

Takeda's ultra safe strings for example. If you teleport too late his whips can catch you and it can really mess Scorpion up.

I think Scorion still needs a little help, and I don't think giving armor to his EX teleport is asking too much. There is too much cheap and crazy shit in this game.

There many other characters in this game that have armored launchers. Predator and Alien for example. And there are so many ways to stuff his teleport as well, like nJP or poking him with d3 on wake up. God forbid that they shouldn't make his EX Teleport marginally better.

It's already evasive as it is, and giving it armor will make it slightly better.

When his EX teleport gets catched he's already lost 1 bar of meter, and probably eating a combo when he gets caught. Like Takeda's whips.
Truely agree, sometimes I'd go to teleport away and not toward them, and they'd stuff me and waste my bar ):

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
What about armor on ex spear instead of teleport? I think that would be a little better if they were going to give him armor on anything.
He can't use two Spears in one combo so it wouldn't get to much damage off of it but he could use it to armor through projectiles and gaps. I don't think that would put him over the top but really I feel scorpion is in a good spot atleast in hellfire and ninjitsu so none of this is needed at all for him
Safe armored launcher that goes fullscreen. Could give a vortex in Helllfire, definitrly gives a vortex in Inferno. There are other ways to potentially buff Scorpion (although in my opinion he really does not need buffs as Ninjutsu and Hellfire are quite good), he doesn't need this.

braandooon

I don't even know...
Safe armored launcher that goes fullscreen. Could give a vortex in Helllfire, definitrly gives a vortex in Inferno. There are other ways to potentially buff Scorpion (although in my opinion he really does not need buffs as Ninjutsu and Hellfire are quite good), he doesn't need this.
I'm thinking a faster startup on EX-Takedown would be a nice buff :D

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
At the end I said he didn't need it :p it goes both ways for hellfire ex teleport with armor can lead to a vortex as well as spear but atleast spear will be less damage. I don't think he needs either of them

Armor on EX-Spear would help him out significantly. After he ends a string, he could just throw out EX-Spear and stuff people who try to retaliate. People could low profile it by doing low poke. He would be able to do b4 into ex spear for an ultra safe meaty to stuff armored wake ups. He would be able to blow up the fastest armored attacks like Kung Laos Tornado.

He would have more safe footsie tools against Cassie or Kotal Khan, because he has the threat of a safe full range projectile launcher that also gives him armor. If they try to neutral duck it he could mix it up with b2 if he is playing as Ninjutsu.

But ya...it would be a big buff. Giving armor to just one move would make a whole lot of difference. It would help him a LOT against the Shinnok Imposter match up. He would literally be able to spear through his stupid hellsparks.

EX Spear would be the best buff he could ever receive. It would be really nice but I don't think its going to happen :/. Scorpion still needs a little help, this single change could be enough.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
FUCK no. It already turns his hitbox into a tiny speck of shit that you can't hit, as a reversal it sucks but in the neutral it's an annoying as fuck tool to deal with. Also how is his reversal game bad? He has an 11f armored slide that low profiles very quickly (on the 1st frame?) that does 15% and is +14 on hit. Using that logic, EB's armor is Quan Chi tier.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
as long as everyone else gets theres, honestly im not against it, but not for it either, its kinda fair, Cassies BF4EX loses armor in air, so does Quan chis sky dive, Mileenas tele doesnt have it, Cyrax's Shrapnel port loses armor even before he fully launches. Sektors loses armor in air, Smokes does as well, Reptile DB4 loses it as well, Sonya, Tekada loses in air what im saying is most characters have this same feature and for Scorpion to have armor while in air, everyone else should to, and some of these characters like Sonya don't need it and it would make them to strong. i feel if someone makes that hard read and counters a teleport they should come ahead. and since his armor is so small anyways currently in air, its a feat to actually hit him in air.

So what I'm asking if every other character in the game loses it in air why would you ask for another character to be different, especially when that character is solid all around in 2 of his variations, arguably 3(its just there is no reason to use one over the other 2)?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Armor on ex spear would help Ninjutsu out especially fullscreen where his only hope is to make a reaction teleport against say someone like Mileena or Shinnok against his hell sparks. It would give Scorpion a viable tool and gives him another option against plus frames and jailing situations where if the opponent tries to jump just throw out an ex spear and make them respect u and they hv to be more weary of their options. Honestly armor on ex teleport at all times wouldn't really help as much as u can still get stuffed badly for it.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
I like this idea. But this would make hellfire s-tier. A safe wakeup/reversal (or punish projectiles) that would do over 20% into restand with frame advantage? Pretty sure this would receive massive complaints from salty opponents.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Scorpion is already a match against all the characters (except of Sub-Zero's Icy Parry). He doesn't need the armor. He's already fine as he is. Whoever mains Scorpion knows it very well than I do. No need to be buffed or nerfed.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
f4 is downright reactable after a certain point isnt it? the more you fight scorpions the easier it gets.

and no, his ex spear shouldnt have armor, its already safe on block and its main purpose is that it creates a blockstring when cancelled from 21, so people trying to poke to stop your 21 reps will be caught, same for people who mess up trying to OS the gap in 214. Its also there to pretty much make your mixups safe.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Scorpion is already a match against all the characters (except of Sub-Zero's Icy Parry). He doesn't need the armor. He's already fine as he is. Whoever mains Scorpion knows it very well than I do. No need to be buffed or nerfed.
No he needs better armor against plus frames and staggers which would help him against D'Vorah, JC and Jax who are all considered losing MU's in general as Scorpion has next to no defensive options since takedown has a crap ton of recovery and doesn't really demand respect from ur opponents

braandooon

I don't even know...
Why do people still think Scorpion has a Vortex. F4 is fuzziable
Scorpion's F4 actually isn't fuzziable if you do it exactly after a teleport. I tested it with a fellow player. But if you do it right after, you can't mix up with a throw since the throw requires you to move forward a bit.

braandooon

I don't even know...
f4 is downright reactable after a certain point isnt it? the more you fight scorpions the easier it gets.

and no, his ex spear shouldnt have armor, its already safe on block and its main purpose is that it creates a blockstring when cancelled from 21, so people trying to poke to stop your 21 reps will be caught, same for people who mess up trying to OS the gap in 214. Its also there to pretty much make your mixups safe.
If a Scorpion player proceeds to do F4, right after a teleport, you can't fuzzy it, so you have to guess right.

Tweedy

Noob
Scorpion's F4 actually isn't fuzziable if you do it exactly after a teleport. I tested it with a fellow player. But if you do it right after, you can't mix up with a throw since the throw requires you to move forward a bit.
Damning evidence.

Move Scorpion up the tier list, gents.

Rey710

Noob
Very true, I guess it's just about how respectful I play though. I wait my turn, don't press buttons a lot, so that's probably my problem. I'll try it though.
I rarely use ex takedown for anything. I cant stand the recovery and i hate risking being -500 on block, so i usually only use it when armoring a gap or to get under a projectile

loogie

Noob
that would be overpowering IMO ... if he trades with any projectile, he is getting 30+ damage into a restand situation (Hellfire, Inferno)
you can have that, if you can give away your teleport cancel trait

shura30

Shura
if something, they should fix the hitbox so it can be armor broken like (almost) everything else on a read