What's new

Should "rekkas" be in this game?

How do you feel about a rekka character being in injustice?

• Total voters

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Let them work, not sure if there will be rekkas on the game or not, NRS gave us a voice to give them feed back, they learn as much as we do with each game, the ball its on their side, let them work and implement what they've learned with mkx.

Let them work, not sure if there will be rekkas on the game or not, NRS gave us a voice to give them feed back, they learn as much as we do with each game, the ball its on their side, let them work and implement what they've learned with mkx.
This is feedback it's a poll.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Maybe I suck.. but I know the gaps can be pretty big, especially when delayed enough, like 10-12 frames big, but I can never punish with standing jabs for some reason.
Leatherface's cancels are hella negative but I can't punish that shit consistently because of the blockstun, do I suck or do others suffer from the same problem?

Numbskull727

happiness is a warm gun
Why not throw a rekka character in there? Maybe Injustice's mechanics will make them easier to deal with. Third time's the charm, right?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
MK has plenty of shitty safe on block specials. Wether it's a rekka or not has nothing to do with it.
people seem to want every special to be super shitty and unsafe on block.

Don't know what game your playin, but its not mk.
Rekkas already have a guessing game involved with them. Making them safe after the first hit just stacks the odds against the defender. Will you poke after the first rekka, after the second, or the third? Adding another layer of guessing to that is just dumb. That's exactly why Capcom doesn't allow the second or third hits to be safe on rekka characters - because they aren't dumb.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I'd honestly like to see Flash gain rekkas just because it fits the character. If not Flash then maybe another speedster like Zoom or something. Either way, if they're gonna try it sometime I'd like to see it on a speedster themed guy.

I'd honestly like to see Flash gain rekkas just because it fits the character. If not Flash then maybe another speedster like Zoom or something. Either way, if they're gonna try it sometime I'd like to see it on a speedster themed guy.
Lol I like that.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Yo that would be cool.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Rekkas already have a guessing game involved with them. Making them safe after the first hit just stacks the odds against the defender. Will you poke after the first rekka, after the second, or the third? Adding another layer of guessing to that is just dumb. That's exactly why Capcom doesn't allow the second or third hits to be safe on rekka characters - because they aren't dumb.
then how do rekka's work in other games then? if the first is neutral or close to that on block sure. but can it be hitconfirmed?

eitherway, my point is i think having rekka's be safe at the end if you space it right is fine, you still lose your turn for the most part.

also, keep your streetfighter/Kof out of my MK/Injustice

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
100 punches for the first rekka, 500 punches for the second, 1000 more punches for the final rekka.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Pushblock in Injustice might make a difference but I'm still questioning NRS's ability on making a rekka special that isn't useless or a headache to deal with.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
then how do rekka's work in other games then? if the first is neutral or close to that on block sure. but can it be hitconfirmed?

eitherway, my point is i think having rekka's be safe at the end if you space it right is fine, you still lose your turn for the most part.

also, keep your streetfighter/Kof out of my MK/Injustice
Well, for Yang, the first hit of rekka was safe (-2), 2nd hit punishable (-5), 3rd hit very punishable. Ex version was like -1, -3, -8 etc.

Fei Long's rekka's were not safe at all unless you used ex version. Then You could make it pretty safe for the first 2 hits.

1 individual hit of rekka was not hit confirmable. You could maybe do cr. MK into a rekka and hit confirm the cr. MK and then complete the rekka sequence.

Rekkas are usually - on hit so you don't really get these rekkas on hit into more rekkas. They are pretty good for command grab resets with Yang though.

I was just trying to explain why NRS rekka shennanigans are so powerful compared to other fighting games. Plus on block rekkas are a pretty rare. Even with gaps, they are still very strong.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Well, for Yang, the first hit of rekka was safe (-2), 2nd hit punishable (-5), 3rd hit very punishable. Ex version was like -1, -3, -8 etc.

Fei Long's rekka's were not safe at all unless you used ex version. Then You could make it pretty safe for the first 2 hits.

1 individual hit of rekka was not hit confirmable. You could maybe do cr. MK into a rekka and hit confirm the cr. MK and then complete the rekka sequence.

Rekkas are usually - on hit so you don't really get these rekkas on hit into more rekkas. They are pretty good for command grab resets with Yang though.

I was just trying to explain why NRS rekka shennanigans are so powerful compared to other fighting games. Plus on block rekkas are a pretty rare. Even with gaps, they are still very strong.
the thing about nrs rekkas is that they start out unsafe but get safer as it goes for the most part, especially the more you delay each part of the series, so its almost like NRS rekka's work the complete opposite from the games your describing. Which isnt a bad thing tho. Imo NRS should do NRS, i don't want to basically be playing streetfighter with an MK skin.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
the thing about nrs rekkas is that they start out unsafe but get safer as it goes for the most part, especially the more you delay each part of the series, so its almost like NRS rekka's work the complete opposite from the games your describing. Which isnt a bad thing tho. Imo NRS should do NRS, i don't want to basically be playing streetfighter with an MK skin.
Which would be fine if the mechanic we are all currently discussing wasn't borrowed from a Street Fighter.

NRS isn't putting a twist on idea of Rekkas. They're are just poorly implemented.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
It doesn't make much sense to have the rekkas get safer as they go. That's the whole point of my post. Capcom has made rekkas unsafe after the first hit because they understand how to balance the move. NRS hasn't shown that they understand how strong a rekka series can be.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
It doesn't make much sense to have the rekkas get safer as they go. That's the whole point of my post. Capcom has made rekkas unsafe after the first hit because they understand how to balance the move. NRS hasn't shown that they understand how strong a rekka series can be.
well it almost sounds like people want the whole damned thing unsafe, no exceptions, which would be horrible in a game with OS reversals.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
well it almost sounds like people want the whole damned thing unsafe, no exceptions, which would be horrible in a game with OS reversals.
I would think having the first hit be safe is fine. It's when there's the ability to make them safe towards the end or blow up armor or do 50/50's where it gets kind of ridiculous.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I kind of think if you're gonna do a rekka series the first should leave you neutral on block with the next two hits progressively more negative on block. This way you HAVE to learn to confirm a rekka and can't just mash to jail, but so that it isn't something so negative on block to attempt that its never good attempt the first rekka itself. This way you can rekka once and bait the block for a throw attempt or go ham if someone tries to thread the needle on your second attack with a poke or something. Its good, but not safe that way...just good enough to start mind games and setups but not so good you dont have to learn to confirm it more.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Hay I'm cool with NRS doing their own spin on Rekkas (well.... Depending on what other tools the char has) but doesn't mean they should be as good as they are now.

They don't need to be punishable they could be safe on block after the third hit but minus (still safe). I think thats fair since they are usually really punishable..

But to reply to your OS comment.

I don't know if you know or not Street fighter has OS's too and can OS there normals like we can armour (I've got a video proven it if interested)

But even excluding that, when you judge a situation or tool you should not judge it by a resource that you don't always have and you got 3 Rekkas if the last hit was only unsafe then you could bait their armour between any of the hits.
So it's not a situation where once you Rekkas you are always done.

Another thing to note you said "armour" but that's more of an MKX thing (especially if it launches) but If Inj2 follows Inj1 of armour being super scarce to non existent which thankfully is really looking that way then I don't think it's fair to use OS as an argument. That would be more suited for an MKX argument.
Plus I'm assuming Inj has no invincible moves (outside of wake up) and you can't OS normals so Rekkas would actually be way more powerful in Inj 2 if they followers the same system as they did for MKX

Last edited:

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Another thing to note you said "armour" but that's more of an MKX thing (especially if it launches) but If Inj2 follows Inj1 of armour being super scarce to non existent which thankfully is really looking that way then I don't think it's fair to use OS as an argument. That would be more suited for an MKX argument.
Plus I'm assuming Inj has no invincible moves (outside of wake up) and you can't OS normals so Rekkas would actually be way more powerful in Inj 2 if they followers the same system as they did for MKX
MBF3/B3 look to still be armored launchers for every character in I2. Wouldn't say they're scarce.

But with an affordable pushblock system in the Injustice series, I don't think rekkas will be as stupid to deal with if they do make it in!

Cheetah could use a rekka.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Rekkas should be good because the are a fast advanving footsie tool like Fei Longs, not some excuse for random mix ups like Abel or Alien, and certainly not a way of creating plus frames like Tanya. Those would all be braindead as hell in Injustice with D1s allowing for combos, just D1xxrekka all day. If Flash was actually redesigned to revolve around Fei Long style rekkas rather than constant mix ups into damage I would play the shit out of him.

First rekka is safe with slight push back or neutral with less pushback, second rekka is unsafe but hard to punish, third rekka is an easy punish. Use them in nuetral in footsies and just buffer the inputs for easy whiff punishes and hitconfirms off the first rekka.

With Injustice 2 having legit walk speeds and no stupid running in neutral a well designed footsie character like this would be breath of fresh air, my vote is for Flash but if there was a new character they could make work with them that would also be cool but I cant think of anyone more deserving of a quick advancing special then Flash right now.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
MBF3/B3 look to still be armored launchers for every character in I2. Wouldn't say they're scarce.

But with an affordable pushblock system in the Injustice series, I don't think rekkas will be as stupid to deal with if they do make it in!
Well they are usually slow but fair point in armour moves being scarce

In terms of the argument you can't Reversak them which means you can't OS them