What's new

Should "rekkas" be in this game?

How do you feel about a rekka character being in injustice?

• Total voters
With how overpowered nrs makes rekka characters. I personally wouldn't want to see a character of that style in injustice.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
To be honest I think rekkas characters are really upplayed, I never found them overpowered, just boring. Yeah they are good but it is all about learning the match up and knowing how to punish them accordingly. As well as noticing the tenancies of the player using them. Noticing what they like to do in different situations. Which isn't unheard of in fighters. However if they are to put a rekkas character in injustice 2 they should go for the more traditional rekkas character. Where the first rekka is safe, second is hard to punish, third is easily punishable and where the rekkas are hit confirmable if your reactions are good enough but you run the risk of missing the link or putting a huge gap in the rekka. Basically like Yang from street fighter (I don't play any other rekka characters so I can't think of any more examples) basically what I'm trying to say is absolutely yes they should be. It grants variety and allows people with different playstyles to pick up the game. Having a large variety of unique fighters is never a bad thing when balanced correctly

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
There's nothing wrong with or inherently overpowered in Rekkas as a fighting style, NRS have just been awful at balancing them. They're either super good or super bad.

To be honest I think rekkas characters are really upplayed, I never found them overpowered, just boring. Yeah they are good but it is all about learning the match up and knowing how to punish them accordingly. As well as noticing the tenancies of the player using them. Noticing what they like to do in different situations. Which isn't unheard of in fighters. However if they are to put a rekkas character in injustice 2 they should go for the more traditional rekkas character. Where the first rekka is safe, second is hard to punish, third is easily punishable and where the rekkas are hit confirmable if your reactions are good enough but you run the risk of missing the link or putting a huge gap in the rekka. Basically like Yang from street fighter (I don't play any other rekka characters so I can't think of any more examples) basically what I'm trying to say is absolutely yes they should be. It grants variety and allows people with different playstyles to pick up the game. Having a large variety of unique fighters is never a bad thing when balanced correctly
I see your point. I just think nrs gives rekka characters too many good tools. I guarantee if there is a rekka character in injustice 2 it'll be a top 5

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Serious question, what's a rekka character?
"This is a term for a three hit special move that originated from Fei Longs Rekka-Ken's in Street Fighter 2. Since then many other characters have Rekka-esque moves such as Abel in Street Fighter 4 and Kyo and Iori in King of Fighters." -http://iplaywinner.com/glossary/general-terms/rekka.html

I would add the move is usually done by quarter circle forward and a button, and each time you do it 1/3 of the move comes out. It functions as an auto hit confirm.

trufenix

bye felicia
it's weird people keep calling them rekkas when Fei Long doesn't even have the type of move we're talking about.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I see your point. I just think nrs gives rekka characters too many good tools. I guarantee if there is a rekka character in injustice 2 it'll be a top 5
Yup I know that is why I said it should be a more traditional street fighter style rekka character because I know that people HATE NRS style rekka characters. So for injustice 2 which seems to be a very footsie heavy game I think street fighter style rekkas would work perfectly

Street Fighter rekkas are usually unsafe on block when you commit to them IE "Rolento"

Mortal Kombat rekkas are usually plus on block with a 50/50 into another 50/50 into a safe ex armored move that blows up the person on defense armored move attempt.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
for gods sake, just let them do their jobs, this shouldn't even need a vote, tym is too spoiled about how our opinion matters, then will bash nrs as if they owed us anything when things dont go our way.

trufenix

bye felicia
Street Fighter rekkas are usually unsafe on block when you commit to them IE "Rolento"

Mortal Kombat rekkas are usually plus on block with a 50/50 into another 50/50 into a safe ex armored move that blows up the person on defense armored move attempt.
MK has plenty of shitty safe on block specials. Wether it's a rekka or not has nothing to do with it.

for gods sake, just let them do their jobs, this shouldn't even need a vote, tym is too spoiled about how our opinion matters, then will bash nrs as if they owed us anything when things dont go our way.
Im trying to see where the community stands on rekkas. Helping nrs make their consumers happy. It completely up to them if they want to listen. I may voice my opinion on things but you'll never hear me demand for something. If I like a game I'll play it and you won't hear me complain about anything unless it's post game salt. If the game is out of hand in my opinion I'll walk away from it...... Nrs gives us a voice why not use it.

Tweedy

Noob
I love how the NRS community thinks rekkas are bad because one character was ridiculous with ridiculous rekkas, and another is a ridiculous character that also happens to have rekkas, that aren't even that bad.

Should we not have zoning because Quan Chi was the best zoner and had a pseudo unblockable vortex? lol