What's new

Should MK11 bring back the sexyness and fan service of MK9 to a degree?

Should MK11 bring back the sexyness and fan service of MK9?

• Total voters

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
But, once again, I am saying all this assuming we are getting gear customization similar to what we had in INJ2. I may be setting myself up for disappointment if it's actually not in the game and we end up just getting alt costumes again. We'll see soon, I guess.
Based on the looks of raiden, scorpion, and shao khan who's iconic looks/colors are NOT Gold and Red, I think it's a pretty safe bet that gear is in MK11 with shaders.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

I mean, if you changed the pants to a speedo, you aren't really showing much more skin than he already is. lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Jade > Mileena
Kitana > Mileena
Sonya > Mileena
Skarlet > Mileena
Sindel > Mileena
Sareena > Mileena

Mileena is sexier than like... Sheeva, barely. Oh and tanya, cause fuck that bitch

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Jade > Mileena
Kitana > Mileena
Sonya > Mileena
Skarlet > Mileena
Sindel > Mileena
Sareena > Mileena

Mileena is sexier than like... Sheeva, barely. Oh and tanya, cause fuck that bitch
I had to laugh. I truly had to.

The foolishness just jumped right out.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Lmfao, I know... (but hey, that got a legit laugh from me, so kudos) but when you look at that costume, you'd only be removing a small portion. Aka not showing much more skin.
Thing is, some people are absolutely RAGING if you put pants on a female character who's previously shown legs. So if we're talking about the male/female ratio of showing skin, it matters.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It's not just how much skin a character shows though, it's also about how the character is presented, how they move/animate, how the camera frames them, stuff like that.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Thing is, some people are absolutely RAGING if you put pants on a female character who's previously shown legs. So if we're talking about the male/female ratio of showing skin, it matters.
Idk, I think Jade would look real nice in some tight pants. lol

But she's my favorite female character so, probably bias.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Idk, I think Jade would look real nice in some tight pants. lol

But she's my favorite female character so, probably bias.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for female characters wearing clothes! The best costume designs are the ones that aren't just consisting of strings, imo.

But saying Johnny Cage showing his torso is the same as Mileena wearing a stringy thong... That's a no.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for female characters wearing clothes! The best costume designs are the ones that aren't just consisting of strings, imo.

But saying Johnny Cage showing his torso is the same as Mileena wearing a stringy thong... That's a no.
That's not what I was saying tho. I was replying to the guy saying if we bring back tig ol biddies then let's have dudes being scantily clad. To which I was saying sure, why not? because I wouldn't be looking at much more dude skin than I already am. lol

Edit: oh wait, I missed the part where he said ribbons for costumes. Oops. Got distracted by the titties. sorry.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Ehhhh, I don't know. I thought Kitana looked hot in MkX. As for revealing and sexy outfits, I think it's character dependant.

Like, Mileena's outfit in MkX was revealing and "risque", and that fits her personality. Cassie Cage in a bikini would just be gratuitous, though wonderful....

If they keep the less exaggerated style of MkX, they could increase the " sexiness" by adding characters that go well with it. Kira. Skarlett. Sheeva? :)

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
"Both male and female characters have to be sexy, since if we sexualize only female characters then that's not fair."

In MK9 Liu Kang was as sexy as Sonya Blade. Sonya did have some major cleavage action going on, but Liu Kang was running around half naked, while flexing his muscle. Both their outfits had zero functionality. She wasn't dressed as a soldier and he shouldn't be fighting half-naked against Nosferatus with sword-arms.

While the sexyness in MK9 and also older MK games was an obvious design choice, that design choice was scrapped in MKX to a great degree. In MKX both these two characters lost ALL of their sexyness.
Which is the question of this entire thread: Should NRS bring back a little bit of sexyness across the board in MK11. That would mean some cleavage action for Sonya and more skin and muscle for Liu Kang.

I personally do think that the sexyness and fan service are a big and important part of the medium and western pop culture in general. Look at female superheroes. Almost none of them wear functional and practical outfits. But again, the same can be said for male superheroes. No man is as ripped as Captain America, Batman or Thor. And these characters are half naked all of the time as well. Look at comics. There are countless scenes, where these characters have no shirt, while they're working out or fighting or whatever.