What's new

Should MK11 bring back the sexyness and fan service of MK9 to a degree?

Should MK11 bring back the sexyness and fan service of MK9?

• Total voters

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Going backwards especially to the era of MK9 designs for women would be an awful idea. There was ZERO contrast, zero distinction between what makes the women who they are just a focus on hyper sexuality whether it fit the characters or not. Everyone with circus boobs and high heels? Homogeneous character designs are never a good thing.

They even managed to make Sheeva sexual: a character who has never ever presented herself as anything but a fearsome warrior with graceful bows for a win pose is feeling herself up in her win pose for this game lol. They even gave her pink lip stick and a more feminine face. Anyone that was a fan of Sheeva didn't pick her for her looks my baby.

Sexuality is fine, but it should be applicable to the characters involved. I expect Mileena being dressed in a more skimpy, sexual way as it has some context to it and you can rationalize and tie it to her story. Sonya and Kitana? Not at all. MKX Sonya and Kitana were beautiful and their designs were befitting of their character and lore.

Diversity and contrast is the way to go and MK9 did not provide that for the women.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Outside of Sonya attempting to be taken completely serious while running around looking like a stripper, I didn’t really mind the skimpy costumes of the older MK games. Deception Mileena was one of my favorite looks for her.

What bugged me more was how their personalities were portrayed.

Kitana winking at the screen? Jade sliding down a pole? Come on, they’re assassins, not call girls.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Ah, no. MK9 was sex just for the hell of it, with little regard to creating a genuine identity for the characters. I don't consider myself to have many boundaries in this arena, but seeing Jade spin down her staff like a stripper pole in MK9 was kind of embarrassing.

Mileena is the extreme case, and MKX Mileena was amazing. She was powerful, and stylish. She felt like she had an honest, more full identity than she ever has. All that and she still retained an air of sexiness - a sexiness that was more true. She was a real character not just a cheep masturbation fantasy for no good reason.

There are enough boobs bouncing about the internet, I don't see much need to put them on display in the game. I want good, well thought out character designs that aren't trying to force a character to be something they aren't. If that happens to be sexy on occasion, then whatever, but it certainly shouldn't be some sort of rule.

The costumes in MK9 for the females weren’t good at all, they didn’t even fit the characters. In MKX, they had sex appeal,character/personality, and were extremely detailed and well designed. It was a complete and total upgrade.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't give a shit, specially the more character diversity the better.
You guys know pretty well every Skarlet Player would use the vita costume if it was available for the consoles instead of using that skin which was forced upon us.

Raider

Noob
Yes they should.
But honestly MK9 was a little bit too much maybe. Something between MK9 and MKX would be nice.
Like many ppl said here before me: showing a lot of skin =/= sexy. It's more complex than that.

coolwhip

Noob
"Sexist" is a fabricated subsocial construct made up by two distinct groups of people:
- Ugly women that nobody wants
- Limp dicks that never fucked a hot woman

There is nothing wrong with sexy.

"The upper echelon are like womens legs. Don't criticise them, get between them."
I swear I always thought you were a major idiot, but that was mainly through your opinions on gaming. Now, I just found out that you're just a fucking moron in general.

coolwhip

Noob
Also, it's a little too late to speculate on what they "should" do with character designs. The game is going to be released in 4 months. They already have all that shit ready.

And no, I thought the girls, appearance was, were infinitely more interesting/distinguished in MKX. It was funny seeing Mileena wrapped in toilet paper in MK9, but it's 2019 now.

Last edited: