What's new

Should any D1's be a low?

Should any d1's be a low?

• Yes (I need my d1 breath bro how else will I open up my opponent)

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • No (I hate Brainiac d1 or Divekick 50/50)

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Pretty straight forward question;
Do you think any D1's should be a low, yes or no?

I think characters with d12 strings (Flash, WW, Robin) can maybe have a low on the second hit, but otherwise I find it extremely unnecessary and dumb.

Prime example is Brainiac with his d1 or divekick 50/50, and also Supergirl d1 breath (I know there's a gap but her d1 legit low profiles some attempts to punish cause she needs it).

Anyways, discuss and blow me up too if you're a Flash, Cold, Joker, Supergirl, or Brainiac player :)

trufenix

bye felicia
What causes someone to propose a grand sweeping gameplay design rule for the entire cast? Like, is someone beating you really bad with d+1 xx special and this is the only thing you can come up with? Not maybe don't be so fucking punishable around characters that get 3-400 off a d+1 punish.

At first I didn't understand why we had low d1s, but looking at it now some characters would be dead if they didn't have it. I guess its just an easy way for nrs to open ppl up.

That would be the most useless and trash button ever haha what?

In tight frame advantage/disadvantage situations you would go to d1 to get a turn and instead your opponent d1s too and you whiff and get blown up lol. The salt would be too real.
That character would be unusable lmao

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
That is not even remotely close to what I said.
To make an analogy, a low hitting down 1 would be a jet.A far and low hitting down 1 would equate to a fighter jet.So tell me, how does a Honda(stubby down 1) fight against a fighter jet which outspaces and outdoes it completely?

I don’t want any down 1 to be low in fact.It just makes some characters feel left out of a special treat that cheeky rich kid next door did get.

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
To make an analogy, a low hitting down 1 would be a jet.A far and low hitting down 1 would equate to a fighter jet.So tell me, how does a Honda(stubby down 1) fight against a fighter jet which outspaces and outdoes it completely?

I don’t want any down 1 to be low in fact.It just makes some characters feel left out of a special treat that cheeky rich kid next door did get.
Imagine CC without a low d1.

You can have some D1s be lows, just like you can have some B3s or F3s be negative rather than plus on block. Just like you can have some projectiles being mids and some being overheads or lows.

Not all tools or buttons need to be symmetrical in design, and you can't view these things in isolation. You have to view it in the context of the characters entire package.

Should all meterburn special moves do 15% chip damage on block? Hell no. Should Trident Rush? Well considering the character's entire design is built on it...I'd say yes.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
The problem is bigger than that. Crossups are already a significant opening method in back-to-block fighters, but NRS also love having overhead and lows fucking everywhere in all their character strings.

There's nothing "wrong" with that, but it makes balance more about memorizing the attack properties of every character than playing solid neutral. Especially given how stupid punishing can feel and how inconsistent block-stun duration is depending on the string or attack.

It's just too much MK that has carried over to IGAU. I hate to say this bc I love NRS' game direction, but they could take more and more inspiration from Japanese 2D fighters and make an even better game in the future. Not every character needs 2 lows, 2 overheads, and an ambiguous crossup that ALL lead to 40% damage combos.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Oh ok, let’s make Scarecrow and Atrocitus also have low d1, since you don’t have any problems with them I guess...
thats a stupid arguement, a low d1 doesnt really do anything for scarecrow, and i doubt it does much for attrocitus since i don't believe he has a overhead starter anyway. and yes im aware he has overheads, but none of his strings start with one.

and tbh the only issue with supergirls is that is causes a low profile, hitting low isnt that much of a problem. Brainiacs is intended to be used as part of his mix.