What's new

Question - A-List Should a list be nerfed

Should a list be nerfed.

• Total voters

thlityoursloat

kick kick
If you're guna say yes, say why.

Unless your argument contains 'HIS MIXUPS ARE SO GOOD" then just dont.
His mixups are so good. 113 and 11 F2 are so op omfg. Nah, I just think JC could do with some universal buffs, like a better anti air, better air presence, maybe better meterless damage, etc. All the other pressure characters (bar Liu Kang) have a more intimidating air presence/anti airs. Look at Tanya, look at Kung Cancer, Shinnok, etc.

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
Execution barrier is the only reason people are not calling Cage a character for retards. U can limit all of 1/3 of the cast`s options by abusing ONE poke, he builds meter like a crazy dog, he pretty much destroys almost the whole cast in the corner. If he`d have a 6-7f d1 and consistent AAs he`d be a top 3 easily.
People just need to stop playing from his pseudomixup bullshit with 113\11-f2,4 which everyone know how to deal with now and concentrate your pressure game on jailing setups. 2 successful throws and your opponent is in the corner where Cage can do whatever fuck he wants.

Anyway i think in order to make MKX a more competitive and viable, as tournament discipline we need to cure it from a cancer called "cancel pressure", making it more about doing a right reads nether than just beating the shit out of opponent without possibility for him to get out.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Nah he doesn't need to be nerfed he's on the high end of A+ alright but he doesn't scream nerf this now

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I do think that A list might need some toning down to breathe life into his other two variations: fisticuffs and stunt double.

People just need to stop playing from his pseudomixup bullshit with 113\11-f2,4 which everyone know how to deal with now and concentrate your pressure game on jailing setups. 2 successful throws and your opponent is in the corner where Cage can do whatever fuck he wants.

Anyway i think in order to make MKX a more competitive and viable, as tournament discipline we need to cure it from a cancer called "cancel pressure", making it more about doing a right reads nether than just beating the shit out of opponent without possibility for him to get out.
Pretty much any character can do anything to anyone in the corner in this game, not just JC

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Execution barrier is the only reason people are not calling Cage a character for retards. U can limit all of 1/3 of the cast`s options by abusing ONE poke, he builds meter like a crazy dog, he pretty much destroys almost the whole cast in the corner. If he`d have a 6-7f d1 and consistent AAs he`d be a top 3 easily.
Execution is being underrated here........People need to stop up playing this characters.He has shit normals not that good anti airs shit jump in normals .....The only thing he excels in is PRESSURE nothing else!Nothing!Amd footsie..F3 is the only good footsie he has, and d4 ok don't kill me.So sorry i didn't mention a footsie tool which is a poke *rolls eyes*.114 skrc 114 jailing is hard AF and 333 skrc 333 jailing too.
Yes he builds meter but WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK does having meter do?Him having meter=ex nut punch but how the fuck are you going to open your opponent up?Ok.....114 skrc 114 skrc 114 ok you are left plus 2 Now what options does the JC player have?
And before any of you idiots say "HERP DERP EX FORCE BALLS BREH!" Ex force balls can be easily low profiled and can be poked out of if followed up with anything!

RANT FUCKING OVER

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Lack of public exposure is the only reason people are not calling Grandmaster a character for retards. U can limit all of 2/3 of the cast`s options by abusing ONE move, he builds meter like a crazy dog, he pretty much destroys almost the whole cast in the corner. If he`d have a 6-7f d1 and consistent AAs he`d be a top 3 easily.
People just need to stop playing from his pseudomixup bullshit with random clone which everyone know how to deal with now and concentrate your pressure game on clone timing setups. 1 successful freeze and your opponent is in the corner where Grandmaster can do whatever fuck he wants.

Anyway i think in order to make MKX a more competitive and viable, as tournament discipline we need to cure it from a cancer called "clone spam and -10 safe armored launcher move", making it more about doing a right reads nether than just beating the shit out of opponent without possibility for him to get out.
There, fixed that for you.

Wigy

There it is...

In a game where silly 50/50s exist. You have to balance the game as a whole.

If you get rid of his blockstrings what does he have? D4 and f3 (which would be worse)? Thats about it.

Comes off downplaying, i just mean relative to the other cast.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
For my 2 cents.

Hes a very honest character. People just throw his +frames around without any knowledge of how he works and says he needs nerfed.

IMO he is one of the best designed characters in the game.

If he gets nerfed and liu doesn't i will play nothing but cassie and make every liu kangs life a living hell.
I wouldn't consider being the only character being able to run cancel on whiff to be honest lol

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
People need to stop up playing this characters.
U`re forgetting fact that i main Cage. And im not upplaying him, ffs. He has dash-range hitconfirmable footsie tool which gives him ability to start his jailed pressure on block. Ex-forceballs make people guessing on what he is going to do next, he outranges and beats most characters with d4 because of forceballs`s pushback. About bad options for meter. U must be joking, right? His safe on block ex-sk, his ex-nutpunch is ok and also a solid reversal option. Sometimes i feel that guys like u dont know what u`re talking about. If character doesnt have blockstrings which leaves him +million on the end of it, he is bad... alrighty then.

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
In a game where silly 50/50s exist. You have to balance the game as a whole.

If you get rid of his blockstrings what does he have? D4 and f3 (which would be worse)? Thats about it.

Comes off downplaying, i just mean relative to the other cast.
I didnt say we need to leave this crap not nerfed too. Im just saying in order to make this game better they need to get rid of all this bullshit including what u typed above. :)

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I play against a good DF Liu Kang on the regular and I play against a good A-list on occasion. Being an A-list main myself it was kinda annoying to be exposed to the same shit I apply on other people but I definitely struggle more against Liu Kang. What bothers me about Liu is not the loopable pressure - it's more the fact that he gets in too easily with the flying kick.

And yes A-List is a strong variation no doubt about it - but the cancels are litteraly all he has. Take that away from him and we're better off playing Jax or some shit. I always complain about Johnny's shitty air normals aside from his jumpkick but really, jumping with Johnny just means getting punished or you will whiff your jip (ji2 has it's uses but yeah). If Johnny gets in with a f3 he can do a f2 or attempt some 11 stagger or the dirty 1 stagger into f2 or just do the full 113 and cancel it to make it safe (on block). You have to guess two things and then it's your turn - Forceballs dont guarantee anything, they're useful if people wanna press buttons after wards and in my experience people tend to just backdash.

We have our good d4 thankfully, but it doesn't lead to 30 % damage. I even heard KP on stream (it was some event, cant remember which one though) saying he's just gonna eat d4's for days because Johnny has to do a lot of those to even out what he could have gotten from his overhead starter.

People tend to blame their lack of experience on the character. I mean, I always get fucked up by Quan Chi because I have 0 experience against him, so when I meet somebody who been maining that char since day 1 im gonna get rekt, and that's my own fault. We see alot of people on the forum just spreading misinformation about Johnny and demanding nerfs even when they havent spend 5 minutes in the lab with him. People claim forceballs are jailing and all kinds of bullshit that just makes me wanna facepalm.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
A-List doesn't deserve any nerfs. He's a good character, but fair, unlike many of the top tiers which indeed deserve a nerf.

A-List relies completely on cancels. Destroy them and that will destroy the variation. Same as happened with fisticuffs which relied on Speedbag.

Leave alone A-List. We are still waiting nrs to fix Fisticuffs...let Johnny breathe.

Last edited:

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Just nerf run cancels on all characters who have them.

No loopable, guaranteed string. Jailing strings aren't bad, as long as you can't loop them.

Just because the character doesn't win tournaments (which he has, look at Dizzy) doesn't mean it's tools aren't too good. The idea behind balance is all characters are balanced equally. Not just the ones people use.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
U`re forgetting fact that i main Cage. And im not upplaying him, ffs. He has dash-range hitconfirmable footsie tool which gives him ability to start his jailed pressure on block. Ex-Forceballs make people guessing on what he is going to do next, he outranges and beats most characters with d4 because of forceballs`s pushback. About bad options for meter. U must be joking, right? His safe on block ex-sk, his ex-nutpunch is ok and also a solid reversal option. Sometimes i feel that guys like u dont know what u`re talking about. If character doesnt have blockstrings which leaves him +million on the end of it, he is bad... alrighty then.
Ex-force balls doesn't give you any options it can below profiled easily armored out of and poked out of....Why in the world would you say f3 skrc is a hit confirmable footsie tool.....Everyone knows that but a footsie tool that can jail on block doesn't make up for everything he lacks in.Ex nut punch guarantees what 24% damage and ends in nutpunch,Yes it a allows him to get pressure yes but what is that going to do? You are left having to block and eat whatever your opponent's options are.I'm sorry for disrespecting a player like you.I think your johnny is amazing and i hope he does better in tourneys.