What's new

Question - A-List Should a list be nerfed

Should a list be nerfed.

• Total voters

Wigy

There it is...
There has been a lot of rabble on here about how a-list will be the next to go with the nerf-hammer.

I really don't understand why he needs changed at all. Especially compared to other characters.

Would be interesting to hear people make a case for this either way.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
There has been a lot of rabble on here about how a-list will be the next to go with the nerf-hammer.

I really don't understand why he needs changed at all. Especially compared to other characters.

Would be interesting to hear people make a case for this either way.
Bro im playing a-list since day one and can tell you that the variation is strong, no doubt about that.
But it sure doesnt need nerfing. I'd even ask for a fix to have ex forceballs which hits mid not whiff on alot of crouching characters but thats just me.

His pressure is good, but it's not broken. I'd say leave him alone. He doesn't have a low starter, his 113-nut and 11-24-nut can be fuzzy blocked, his projectiles are mids that you can neutral duck. If you nerf his pressure, what else does he have left?

And for the record, I don't play A-List, but I've played several good A-List players a lot. He's fine.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Johnny cage definitely does not need a nerf. Especially when getting 333 skrc to jail into 114 is difficult enough as is. 114 skrc 114 is easier imo as I can probably get that at least once in an online set. A-List is fine as is. If they nerfed A-List I'm not sure what nerf would be a fair nerf to him or a nerf that wouldn't completely ruin the variation. They need to focus on fixing things in SD such as EX Forceball hitting high high(imo it should hit high mid like many double projectiles), and the whiff issues based on stance, and make Fisticuffs somehow viable before touching A-List.

Wigy

There it is...
For my 2 cents.

Hes a very honest character. People just throw his +frames around without any knowledge of how he works and says he needs nerfed.

IMO he is one of the best designed characters in the game.

If he gets nerfed and liu doesn't i will play nothing but cassie and make every liu kangs life a living hell.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Screencapped for a few months later
Is there any reason why every time I type, it seems, I'm forced to suck some condescending dick for stating my opinion?
My post was a joke. You absolutely must be speaking in jest when you talk to me like you peruse this forum on a pair of fucking stilts.

No, none of Johnny's variations need nerfed. I didn't explicitly state my point, but you must've got my gist. He actually plays MKX too fairly, he's actually too balanced of a character, and he actually suffers for it in the long-term. Does he need buffs? Not really, but a candle to the other top tier contenders he does not hold.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
For my 2 cents.

Hes a very honest character. People just throw his +frames around without any knowledge of how he works and says he needs nerfed.

If he gets nerfed and liu doesn't i will play nothing but cassie and make every liu kangs life a living hell.
Honestly I see DF Liu being nerfed. His F213 FC jails into it self which is not hard at all to do, so doing 2 cancel reps and a final rep with meter burn bike kick he does more chip than johnny, builds the bar he spent back and is still left at an advantage. Liu's pressure is better than johnny's imo overall and has better zoning and mixups than johnny so if anything I wouldn't worry too much about alist getting nerfed.

Wigy

There it is...
Honestly I see DF Liu being nerfed. His F213 FC jails into it self which is not hard at all to do, so doing 2 cancel reps and a final rep with meter burn bike kick he does more chip than johnny, builds the bar he spent back and is still left at an advantage. Liu's pressure is better than johnny's imo overall and has better zoning and mixups than johnny so if anything I wouldn't worry too much about alist getting nerfed.
I know it seems ridiculous but i keep seeing people saying it on here.

Liu's pressure is a million times better than jc's, you should only have an issue with jc pressure if you aren't fuzzy guarding properly and don't know the matchup.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Is there any reason why every time I type, it seems, I'm forced to suck some condescending dick for stating my opinion?
My post was a joke. You absolutely must be speaking in jest when you talk to me like you peruse this forum on a pair of fucking stilts.

No, none of Johnny's variations need nerfed. I didn't explicitly state my point, but you must've got my gist. He actually plays MKX too fairly, he's actually too balanced of a character, and he actually suffers for it in the long-term. Does he need buffs? Not really, but a candle to the other top tier contenders he does not hold.
I read the first sentence and realized I wouldn't care about the rest of it

Anyway a list is probably broke

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
I know it seems ridiculous but i keep seeing people saying it on here.

Liu's pressure is a million times better than jc's, you should only have an issue with jc pressure if you aren't fuzzy guarding properly and don't know the matchup.
Thats actually the main reason i see people get salty over Johnny. Trying to press buttons after 114, f3, 4 e.t.c....

For my 2 cents.

I would welcome playing your cassie all day against my Liu Kang no problem at all.

Side note I think Johnny is good enough, but I do hate the down play comparisons against Liu Kang. They are similar but have different advantages to me.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Cage is not honest man lol. That f3 free meterless jailing tool is godlike, his frames on his cancels are too plus. How can a character lock you down 100% each time he has stamina and people say thats honest and he has no dirt?

Ive heard a few cage mains say a list is dumb. I use liu because ive always like the character, but all these crazy lock down plus strings is something ive never agreed with but the character i like has it so i use it. I expect liu and johnny to get them frames loosened up. If you saw vendetta, xinok,mike metroid or dizzy use him, youd see why hes not remaining this way forever.