What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Mileena, Johnny, Jax, Kano, D'vorah, Takeda and possibly Alien are all in his level. Maybe Liu Kang.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah Shinnok isn't on the stupid levels of D'Vorah and Johnny. Once people realise they don't have to hold any of the Impostor tele jump attacks they'll realise it isn't top 10 or even top 5.

If they ever do that is. This is TYM we're talking about lol.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Yeah Shinnok isn't on the stupid levels of D'Vorah and Johnny. Once people realise they don't have to hold any of the Impostor tele jump attacks they'll realise it isn't top 10 or even top 5.

If they ever do that is. This is TYM we're talking about lol.
Ji4 will jail into ji2 - they gotta hold that

Youphemism

I think Bone Shaper is still the strongest. Arguably strongest meter building and chip damage, best zoning, safest, good anti-zoning as well.

I think Bone Shaper is still the strongest. Arguably strongest meter building and chip damage, best zoning, safest, good anti-zoning as well.
I agree. BS is preforms solid in virtually every matchup whereas Imposter has weak spots. Shinnok is in a really good place right now. He has no weakness except meter dependency.

Youphemism

I agree. BS is preforms solid in virtually every matchup whereas Imposter has weak spots. Shinnok is in a really good place right now. He has no weakness except meter dependency.
I think Bone Shaper is pretty solid, as you say Impostor has its weaknesses at least in some matchups, and Necromancer is still flailing about in the garbage searching for buffs :DOGE

D. R.

Noob
it has to be ji2? cuz i was doing deep ji4 into ji1 and was being armored.
It's Ji4xxtele~Ji1 that jails. Nothing else does. If you're getting armored in between then you're doing it wrong. Once you learn how to do this properly then we'll be one step closer to making Netherrealm great again.

Vote Shinnok, 2016.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
It's Ji4xxtele~Ji1 that jails. Nothing else does. If you're getting armored in between then you're doing it wrong. Once you learn how to do this properly then we'll be one step closer to making Netherrealm great again.

Vote Shinnok, 2016.
well how am i doing it wrong? i don't get it.....i do deep ji4 tele ji1 and i get armored by Sub slide in training mode all the time....theres not much to it, how can i be doing it wrong?

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Which Shinnok variation do you guys think is the best overall?
stay away from necromancer. (( even thou its his best looking in terms of gameplay style ))

imposter is awesome with newly tricky teleport and also the most damaging variation. especially after putting him in a trance.

BoneShaper has a fast high projectile, scepter slam DF2 and an armored version giving him a good wakeup/reversal. also new strings F41D2 and F44

HanSolo

Noob
Im surprised to see so many people say bs, i thought people considered imposter as the best these days.
Haven't been playing much since xl but I'm still loving boneshaper when I do play. Still trying to find a decent secondary, right now it's kitana but she just feels like a less effective version of shinnok in a lot of ways.

Youphemism

Imposter is the best.
I'd be inclined to agree if he vortexed everybody but since he doesn't I think he's too matchup dependent to be the best variation. That and his meter building isn't great and his teleport not being that fast doesn't help either. Why do you think it's the best?