What's new

Sheeva Discussion Thread

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Holy Jesus sweet beautiful baby NRS Jesus you guys are right. Dragon Stance is OP as fuck. No way this move survives, enjoy it while it lasts.

I do dragon stance, snag as base. Then I use enhanced drop for scrubs or queens punishment for simple mix up mind games if they're good at avoiding stomp.

Found a crazy OS oki:

After a B 4 sweep, if you enter b2 and immediate cancel into queens punishment, you will hit them with normal or delay wakeup. It's weird bc it will do mid low on normal wakeup and mid OH low on delay. With the same input. Weird OS but it works.

Sheeva is OP lmao

Yeah, I'm glad there's a 'real' tournament with kustoms now. Maybe stuff like this will force NRS to finally adjust some abilities, which they couldn't be bothered to do before making everything kustom.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
Sheeva looks incredibly fun to use, she seems to be very underrated as well. I really want to learn how to use her, but it’s best to learn how to play MK in general.

Zer0_h0ur

Yup, Foxy just went 6-0 in the round robin stage of the invitational. Nobody really had an answer to Sheeva dragon stance + low grab.
Every time I tune in he's not playing SMH.

That's funny bc stance, air grab, and low grab seem like the best Sheeva to me it gives you up close options.

Foxy was saying when kustoms came out that V1 was still the best version lol guess he was wrong

Zer0_h0ur

Anyone wanna share any anti dragon stance tech not shown in the new azeez and raptor videos?

Noobs up shadow can trade outta the stance and push her away. Loses the trade tho I think. Works for b122 stance not f4 stance

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
So I'm at the point where I pretty much don't give a shit what anybody has to say about Sheeva I enjoy playing her as a mix up heavy character, so if somebody wants to pick her because I picked her and they assume I'm going to spam stomp well more power to ya because after a total of over 5000 online matches with her I can tell you for a fact 9 times of the 10 they don't know what the hell they're doing with her so I appreciate the free wins

Last edited:
Is it even worth using her low command grab?
It has more combo potential than the low grab (once you actually get people juggled in some way). But really, low grab mixes better and doesn't replace a good armorbreak KB. And you could just pick Shokan Snag if you want to combo (for more dmg and a lot more generous hitbox).

...so no.

Last edited:

MuMuGuy

Noob
Is: Battle Scars, Shokan Snag, and Shield Toss a good loadout for Sheeva? I’m a returning player and never used Sheeva, but I wanted a mix-up/grab kot for her.

Thanks

Komatose

The Prettiest
Is: Battle Scars, Shokan Snag, and Shield Toss a good loadout for Sheeva? I’m a returning player and never used Sheeva, but I wanted a mix-up/grab kot for her.

Thanks
I would trade the shield toss for something else entirely. If you want to be mix up heavy and stay in their face, trade that for literally anything else. Sheeva is a mix god (or at least used to be?).

MuMuGuy

Noob
I would trade the shield toss for something else entirely. If you want to be mix up heavy and stay in their face, trade that for literally anything else. Sheeva is a mix god (or at least used to be?).
Is Shield Toss a bad move in general? I figured Shield Toss would help with her zoning issues due to it being a mid and the threat of the KB in projectile duels.

Also, I love your avatar. Xianghua is the best lady in Soul Calibur.

Wigy

There it is...
Is Shield Toss a bad move in general? I figured Shield Toss would help with her zoning issues due to it being a mid and the threat of the KB in projectile duels.

Shield toss is ass

Komatose

The Prettiest

Yeah it’s pretty bad, I rather the fireball by default. I believe stomp (or delayed stomp?) is an equip move and I would select that over shield toss since it gives you mobility (albeit minimal) but the fact that it also gives you a KB is the real kicker. Any character that can hold a projectile or cancel it gets crushed by it. Quite literally. On my mixup variation I have the shokan march, low grab, and the command grab that hits crouching opponents or can be used in a combo to side switch. I think. I think that’s my variation. Idk I’m on and off the game a lot.

And thank you. :) She’s super fun and especially fun to watch at high level.

MuMuGuy

Noob
I decided to make my tentative Variation: Battle Scars, Dragon Charge, and Shokan Snag.

Shield Toss being a mid takes away the potential to surprise people with her b+3 overhead during Sheeva’s zoning. Shokan Flame also has better frame data across the board, even being safe when Amplified.

The main incentive for me is that Amplified Dragon Charge leads to highly rewarding punishes from Sheeva’s 1,2 string. I don’t like Queen’s Punishment due to the full-screen knockback.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I started learning Sheeva yesterday and I low-key think she might be kind of slept on. The variation I'm using is Shokan Snag, Spinning Dragon, and Queen's Punishment.

Dragon Stance is for-sure a powerful move, especially for 1 slot, but at higher levels of play there are many ways to counter it. It also no longer kombos from f1 mid-screen. I imagine it's still immensely useful in some matchups, like Jax, but otherwise I think her normal fireball is strong enough. By replacing Dragon Stance with Spinning Dragon, we gain access to a +14 standing kombo ender that can be made safe on block (though with a FB gap). Even without amplifying, it's only -13 with pushback. By keeping our normal fireball, we gain access to d3~bf1.mb for a 1-bar neutral reset tool. I haven't found a poke that can interrupt it. Without it, your only poke cancel is bf4 which is massively unsafe.

With Spinning Dragon, you're able to loop your b2 pressure, even midscreen, though it's only fully guaranteed in the corner. A single sequence of b211-db2 does 19% damage, so it only takes 2 loops to reach almost 40%. With Queen's Punishment mixed in, your opponent now has to guess between mid-overhead-low or mid-low, or mid-overhead-mid-mid confirmed into db2.

She just seens to have very solid tools all-around, Shokan Snag gives her an easy 30% punish off her 10-frame 21 string. Her f1, f3, b4, and b3 are all solid tools in the neutral. Many of her strings are massively staggerable. She's got krushing blows out the ass and a solid armor-breaker. And her movement is really solid, especially her wave-dash.

I'm going to keep messing with this variation to see what it's capable of.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The frame data on her d3 seems to be incorrect. It has much more cancel-advantage than either d1 or d4. It even goes into bf4 without any gap, though it doesn't kombo.