What's new

Sheeva Discussion Thread

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I couldn’t figure out why I hated her face model but I finally realized why. They need to make it more evil/menacing looking. She looks so friendly and harmless in this model

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don’t get a friendly/harmless vibe at all. She looks more stern and righteous than anything IMO.

Almost every frame of her we’ve seen in this game from the release story to the new trailers she looks either disappointed in somebody or sick of their shit.

Adding to that is her new signature(as far as I’m concerned) pose which I love.

The hands on hips + arms crossed combo is powerful.

I really love everything they’re doing with her in this game so far.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Original Sheeva and MK9 Sheeva has always been very lithe and thinner not overly bulky like her male Shokan counterparts so it fits with what we've traditionally known about her.

I think it makes her scarier too because she's not just powerful, she's highly agile and can keep up with the speed of the swift humanoid characters.

Also can we please get Sheeva with her black lipstick and her Annihilation look or MK3 hair, definitely here for all of that.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
My only real hope that we don't know yet is that she has a pretty solid safe mid.

She has the telestomp, fireballs, command grabs of classic/MK9 Sheeva so that's the biggest thing because having played Jade, Baraka and a large portion of the roster, lacking a good mid can be extremely frustrating to deal with a lot of the antics we run into online and even offline.

I'd be fine with something similar to Goro's Forward 3 for example.

Why cannot we have both? MK:Armageddon still has the best version of her.

View attachment 16984
I like this Sheeva, not saying we can't have both.

I'm just saying people are stating her arms are small, but her debut and most recent prior appearance showed her off to be more slender than super muscular. It's not out of the ordinary for her is all I'm saying.

I definitely would like to see this too!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
My only real hope that we don't know yet is that she has a pretty solid safe mid.

She has the telestomp, fireballs, command grabs of classic/MK9 Sheeva so that's the biggest thing because having played Jade, Baraka and a large portion of the roster, lacking a good mid can be extremely frustrating to deal with a lot of the antics we run into online and even offline.

I'd be fine with something similar to Goro's Forward 3 for example.
I think we did see her good mid.

Might not be plus, but as someone who until now mostly used Kotal in this game, just having a big ass mid that can clear that much space that quickly is a great tool for neutral.

Also you don’t think Baraka’s f4/f4,4 is a good mid?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I think we did see her good mid.

View attachment 16985

Might not be plus, but as someone who until now mostly used Kotal in this game, just having a big ass mid that can clear that much space that quickly is a great tool for neutral.

Also you don’t think Baraka’s f4/f4,4 is a good mid?
I didn't say Baraka didn't have a good mid. I mentioned comparing Jade and Baraka with others on the roster. Playing Jade and Baraka versus some others on the roster is a very different experience when you get poked a lot more and can't take as good of an advantage of punishing mashing and neutral ducking.

I want a good mid because I see what happens when you don't have it with others on the roster. My mains have been Jade and Baraka most of the game.

Kotal also has a really good wave dash so that amplifies whatever he does off of his buttons.

I mean we don't know the frames on block (could be unsafe), distance covered etc as far as I know or if it combos into anything. I need to see the frames and potential to be low profiled etc before coming to any analysis about this move.

I didn't say Baraka didn't have a good mid. I mentioned comparing Jade and Baraka with others on the roster. Playing Jade and Baraka versus some others on the roster is a very different experience when you get poked a lot more and can't take as good of an advantage of punishing mashing and neutral ducking.

I want a good mid because I see what happens when you don't have it with others on the roster. My mains have been Jade and Baraka most of the game.

Kotal also has a really good wave dash so that amplifies whatever he does off of his buttons.

I mean we don't know the frames on block (could be unsafe), distance covered etc as far as I know or if it combos into anything. I need to see the frames and potential to be low profiled etc before coming to any analysis about this move.
Jade has b3 or f3 i can't remember. This is a very good mid with many mix up options and can be plus

Poor Marjean Holden, she really should have gotten a fight in Annihilation. She's only there to throw sass at Motaro and get squished by a cage.

Damn right her arms should be bigger. She shouldn't be stuck with Kollector noodle arms.
Imagine them having an arm wrestling match with their upper and lower arms.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Today they put out more Fujin footage.

Damn do they not want to market all of their DLC or what?

Got three Fujin clips as of today, a RoboCop clip, and friendships, and Sheeva wasn’t even in that last one.

I don't understand this reply. Jade has a solid 11 frame mid which was my point versus others who don't have it lol.
I think we just misread what you wrote, it can be interpreted as the opposite fairly easily with how you wrote it(IMO, no offense meant), but I get it now ;)

Today they put out more Fujin footage.

Damn do they not want to market all of their DLC or what?

Got three Fujin clips as of today, a RoboCop clip, and friendships, and Sheeva wasn’t even in that last one.

I think we just misread what you wrote, it can be interpreted as the opposite fairly easily with how you wrote it(IMO, no offense meant), but I get it now ;)
Agreed. They've shown gear showcases for Robocop and Fujin as well as Brutalities for both. Now, another Fujin video. UGH.

EDIT: And now Fujin has his own Kombat Kast tomorrow, with no mention of one for Sheeva or Robocop.

Last edited: