What's new

Sheeva Discussion Thread

I wish there was a little more variety than just a bunch of helmets and a braid bun.
Some different horn/hair combos would've been cool.

I wish there was a little more variety than just a bunch of helmets and a braid bun.
Some different horn/hair combos would've been cool.
They only showed half of the gear options, I bet there's some cool stuff we haven't seen.
Also they're totally refusing to show her last costume, huh?

projectzero00

nomnomnom
I'm so pumped for Sheeva y'all don't even know! Finally she's getting some love and I couldn't be more excited. I agree those helmets are...questionable and I would love some more variety in hairstyles (loved the the long braid from MK9) but oh well. I'm still buzzing for her return, gonna learn her no matter what and represent online as much as I can;)

I guess being able to at least see the gear is an improvement... poor Shang.

Since DLC characters seem to never be getting more gear or skins, you better love what they chose to give you now, because that's all you'll ever have.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
That first one is amazing, I might go with that one. The one two rows beneath it is also really cool. This isn't all of her head gear so I wonder how manymore hair options we'll get.

He beat Shao though
People like to forget Kotal beat the shit out of Shao in their first fight, I don't really get it. The only reason Shao didn't get his head chopped off was because Kronika and D'Vorah swooped in and allowed him to run away like a coward.

I may have missed it. Did they mention if her Death March stance had armor?
They didn't mention it but it doesn't look like it. It looks kinda bad. I guess it depends on the move you're canceling but it looks like the opponent would be able to interrupt with any kind of poke. I was really excited for that variation but I think the shield version looked the best.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
They didn't mention it but it doesn't look like it. It looks kinda bad. I guess it depends on the move you're canceling but it looks like the opponent would be able to interrupt with any kind of poke. I was really excited for that variation but I think the shield version looked the best.
I don’t think the actual walk is what should be focused on.

It’s the cancels.

For an already in game example, look at Terminator's best variation, V2, which also has a running stance. The run itself is a nice gimmick and can go fun stuff like push opponents that are knocked down, but 90% of the time you are immediately activating and canceling it into a stance attack, never even starting the movement animation.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Her universal gab is a hit throw yes, but it apparently is an armor breaker.

Her command grab variation has actual unblockable true command grabs though.

The thing i'm happiest about is that because it's done from a stance input it has a normal input instead of the dumb ass universal command grab input NRS gives every other grappler. The only exceptions are Kotal and Terminator's running grab.

I don’t think the actual walk is what should be focused on.

It’s the cancels.

For an already in game example, look at Terminator's best variation, V2, which also has a running stance. The run itself is a nice gimmick and can go fun stuff like push opponents that are knocked down, but 90% of the time you are immediately activating and canceling it into a stance attack, never even starting the movement animation.
Nah, you're right for sure, I get what you're saying but v2 terms run gets interrupted after everything except his b3(might be f3, i forget) and his run is A LOT faster. That's why her run looks kind of bad to me. To be fair, we definitely need to test to see what's interrupted and whats not. Just my first impression.

Also, it looked like her true command grab only hits neutral duck?