What's new

Strategy "Shazam!" -- Captain Marvel General Discussion Thread

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
depends on how the d2 hits I would either go with d2 j2 3 HMmb b3 2 2 AC or just d2 j2 2ac.. or if you want try d2 j2 d2 > them doing a quickstand > HM, a gimmick but will work sometimes I think.

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
d2>f223xxHM MB>b3>j2>2xxAC 30% its usually very consistent for me. This usually for when I hit d2 grounded. I usually do a j2 combo if I actually anti air them. I'm working on consistently landing higher damage variations but until then. This is what I usually use.

SZSR

Noob
If that is as good as it looks then that's extremely broken... I feel like we should be freaking out about that... I'll test it in a bit tonight.

Also guys I figured out that off of any single launcher into HM (22 xx HM, B2 xxHM, F12 xx HM, etc) we can increase our damage sliiiightly:

22/B2/F12/etc. xx HM MB > B3 > J2 > F223 xx AC

The key is to hit the b3 when they are low, and do the j2 literally as instant as possible. I think it's pretty consistent once you get a grasp on it. Only increases the damage by like 1% though, haha.
Is there any higher gravity for this combo if you hit the 22, b2, or f12 as an antiair?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
May i suggest after a D2 do this. D2, J2, 122, Trait. Its nice to get the trait setup and you dont end up wasting bar on the scaled d2 combo. It also sends them closer to the corner for your trait stuff. I do it more often then not now and it has been pretty useful actually. Just a suggestion. Im more so not a fan of wasting the bar on a d2 combo. Although i would like to try and do the combo to end a d2 combo is AC to get the reset if guessed right.

SZSR

Noob
May i suggest after a D2 do this. D2, J2, 122, Trait. Its nice to get the trait setup and you dont end up wasting bar on the scaled d2 combo. It also sends them closer to the corner for your trait stuff. I do it more often then not now and it has been pretty useful actually. Just a suggestion. Im more so not a fan of wasting the bar on a d2 combo. Although i would like to try and do the combo to end a d2 combo is AC to get the reset if guessed right.
Thanks, there are some particular MUs that I live and die by trait so I appreciate this.

Indecisive

Thanks, there are some particular MUs that I live and die by trait so I appreciate this.
If you want to get really gimmicky. If you get a combo going in the corner after one of the 112's activate trait then do MB 3. If they WU then well Big damage so ^_^. But if they block go into HM. If they stand then you get a free command grab since you are really plus after the F3. It really gimmicky but i have caught people with this before and its pretty cool actually. I just like activating trait whenever i can since its so fucking good.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
What combo does everyone recommend after landing a d2? I usually go for d2 j2 112 AT mb but I've been messing around in the lab and I found that d2 j2 11 HM MB b3 j2 2 AC works pretty well. 31% damage and a hard knockdown.
If you're near a wall bounce,

D2, J2, 2, Wall Bounce, B3, J3, HM MB, Dash under jump over crossup J2, F22, HM etc. Works the first 1 or 2 times and leads into HUGE reset damage.

Indecisive

If you're near a wall bounce,

D2, J2, 2, Wall Bounce, B3, J3, HM MB, Dash under jump over crossup J2, F22, HM etc. Works the first 1 or 2 times and leads into HUGE reset damage.
New combo thanks to Digit. After the HM MB for this Combo do a B2 and make sure that it crosses up the opponent when hitting them then activate trait. Shits tight at fuck.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
New combo thanks to Digit. After the HM MB for this Combo do a B2 and make sure that it crosses up the opponent when hitting them then activate trait. Shits tight at fuck.
Hmmm. I've seen him do this I think. Does the B2 combo or does it reset crossup? This is probably a great way to mix things up if ppl can block your dash under cross up J2.

Indecisive

Hmmm. I've seen him do this I think. Does the B2 combo or does it reset crossup? This is probably a great way to mix things up if ppl can block your dash under cross up J2.
The Back 2 combos after the HM But it hits very weird. The point is to be next to them after trait and its also a quick stand. Its awesome.

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
I was wondering does anyone know the frame data for shazams regular dash from start to end? I feel like I cant level myself up pass the wall im at without it

mfkaoz

Banned
Has anyone messed around with d2xxtorpedo? I was just messing around in practice with it and I'm curious if we can build anything off of it.

Indecisive

Has anyone messed around with d2xxtorpedo? I was just messing around in practice with it and I'm curious if we can build anything off of it.
I have before. Its another option from D2 HM and AC. Since they can Do some moves to interrupt the Tick Throw if you know they are going to do that then you can do Torpedo to go through them and in theory punish the move. Just a thought.

mfkaoz

Banned
I have before. Its another option from D2 HM and AC. Since they can Do some moves to interrupt the Tick Throw if you know they are going to do that then you can do Torpedo to go through them and in theory punish the move. Just a thought.
I was trying out d2xxtorpedo for the knockdown and then dash up HM but I think you can wake up out of it. I don't feel like turning my ps3 back on to check lol.