What's new

Strategy "Shazam!" -- Captain Marvel General Discussion Thread

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Do the corners correspond with stage transitions?
Every Stage has the Transition on the Right side except for Atlantis and Ferris having no Transition. So probably the Way the Coding is causes it to happen and every stage for whatever reason has the same effect as having the effect in the right corner even those without transitions. Thats what im thinking.

Every Stage has the Transition on the Right side except for Atlantis and Ferris having no Transition. So probably the Way the Coding is causes it to happen and every stage for whatever reason has the same effect as having the effect in the right corner even those without transitions. Thats what im thinking.
Fortress Menagerie, Prison Inside, Insurgency x2, Wayne Manor Dining Room, Batcave Lagoon, and Themyscira Shrine are all left side transitions so this debunks that theory.

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
Also guys I figured out that off of any single launcher into HM (22 xx HM, B2 xxHM, F12 xx HM, etc) we can increase our damage sliiiightly:

22/B2/F12/etc. xx HM MB > B3 > J2 > F223 xx AC

The key is to hit the b3 when they are low, and do the j2 literally as instant as possible. I think it's pretty consistent once you get a grasp on it. Only increases the damage by like 1% though, haha.
What is the damage I am supposed to be getting with this? I seem to get the same if not higher damage with (single launcher)xx HM MB > B3 > J3 > 3 xx HM. Does the value lie with the "vortex" from AC?

The corner infinite that Crathen posted? A bunch of characters are super fucked and can't get out of it if done right. I really don't know why nobody is talking more about this.

Its not an Infinite though. It is pretty good.
How is it not? A bunch of characters can't escape the setup. If they wakeup attack they take meterless 30% into the setup again. If they don't they take 1 bar 30% into the setup again. Last I checked you had 100% not 150% health and even if they don't wakeup all 4 times, they dead. If it's gonna kill you before I run out of meter/round timer it's a damn infinite as far as I'm concerned.

Indecisive

How is it not? A bunch of characters can't escape the setup. If they wakeup attack they take meterless 30% into the setup again. If they don't they take 1 bar 30% into the setup again. Last I checked you had 100% not 150% health and even if they don't wakeup all 4 times, they dead. If it's gonna kill you before I run out of meter/round timer it's a damn infinite as far as I'm concerned.
They could WU the correct way :p

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
Green Lantern's move where he throws 2 rockets at you. I just duck and sweep, it seems to work. What is the purpose of the setup? I see a lot of people just freeze when facing that move. What is it for?

Indecisive

Green Lantern's move where he throws 2 rockets at you. I just duck and sweep, it seems to work. What is the purpose of the setup? I see a lot of people just freeze when facing that move. What is it for?
They do the B12 then shot Rockets. Sometimes people are not able to react in time so it catches them off guard. It also leaves then at Plus. Some characters cannot Dash it actually. Shazam can. Or just do what Digit does and Sweep to trade.

SZSR

Noob
I've been trying to figure out the Batman MU, mainly my problems with ji2.

Does anyone have any tips to approach this?

I already have like a bandaid solution where I NJ2 whenever they leave the ground and I either, trade, beat or lose to ji2, but I only really have options for when I beat ji2.
Any tips for this too?

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
I've been trying to figure out the Batman MU, mainly my problems with ji2.

Does anyone have any tips to approach this?

I already have like a bandaid solution where I NJ2 whenever they leave the ground and I either, trade, beat or lose to ji2, but I only really have options for when I beat ji2.
Any tips for this too?
Shazam's D2 is really good, it works perfectly fine even against batman's ji2. As for doing NJ2 that also works fine, if you want to combo off you can link into HM from it easily especially if you buffer it. The combo goes like this:
NJ2, MB HM, B3, J3, 2~AC 40%. (replace j3 with j2 for 3% less but more consistent)
For me the preferred air to air move is to do jump forward 1 if I am reading the jump, but D2 is already good enough.

SZSR

Noob
Shazam's D2 is really good, it works perfectly fine even against batman's ji2. As for doing NJ2 that also works fine, if you want to combo off you can link into HM from it easily especially if you buffer it. The combo goes like this:
NJ2, MB HM, B3, J3, 2~AC 40%. (replace j3 with j2 for 3% less but more consistent)
For me the preferred air to air move is to do jump forward 1 if I am reading the jump, but D2 is already good enough.
Can't I just do b3, j2, f223 HM after the HM MB? I guess that's more of a style choice. My d2 usually doesn't work too well if they hit me with the end of heel, I am sometimes straight up losing to j2. Am I not doing it soon enough?

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Damn it Chef, I've tried your AC combos and I end up sacrificing damage.
If you end up sacrificing 3-5% to do AC instead of HM, it is still worth it to me to do the lesser damage version that ends in AC UNLESS you don't have any meter and the opponent has great wake-ups. That would be the only situation I would do HM enders is if it will win the game.

SZSR

Noob
If you end up sacrificing 3-5% to do AC instead of HM, it is still worth it to me to do the lesser damage version that ends in AC UNLESS you don't have any meter and the opponent has great wake-ups. That would be the only situation I would do HM enders is if it will win the game.
Well... I do have to admit there are times that I have screwed myself by putting myself into a corner with HM sometimes, and I guess trying to end combos closer to interactables would be better.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Well... I do have to admit there are times that I have screwed myself by putting myself into a corner with HM sometimes, and I guess trying to end combos closer to interactables would be better.
You should always end in AC because it gives you the meaty HM on wakeup mixup.