What's new

Guide Shazam BnB combo thread Oct 2013

zoofs

bless
F223 doesn't whiff the bgb, I hit it 100%
ill have to try the regular one i use with f223 substituted to see if its as consistent, but i could have sworn it whiffs in some specific situations. I know I use f22 because its safer than f223 but on hit if its just as consistent I guess i could start using that

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
ill have to try the regular one i use with f223 substituted to see if its as consistent, but i could have sworn it whiffs in some specific situations. I know I use f22 because its safer than f223 but on hit if its just as consistent I guess i could start using that
I think I whiffed it a couple times at first for some reason or other but now I tend to land it all the time.

In any case During some combo's by adding or removing the 3 it does not change the Damage of the combo.

Gobblerr

Noob
What do you guys think about using B2 HM versus B23 for full combos? I'm starting to think that I should just use B23 for full combos and use B2 for just poking them and mixing them up with B2 teleport and stuff like that.

What do you think?

zoofs

bless
What do you guys think about using B2 HM versus B23 for full combos? I'm starting to think that I should just use B23 for full combos and use B2 for just poking them and mixing them up with B2 teleport and stuff like that.

What do you think?
ive been using b23 for whiff punishing, and b2 teleport

i usually just go for easy meterless damage if i get b23 to hit, and i pretty much never use b2 herculean might anymore

What do you think?
i mix em up between the options. b2 HM is safer onblock than b23, and your only loosing 1%. B2 specials are great options to for poking when your sure they may block it or you cant risk damage. the more you mix u your options with b2 the more siked out your oppo will be, making them least likely to punish it.
i guess my flow is like b23 for AA, mid screen punishes, yolo
b2hm for looking for damage, mixing em up from b23, b2 is safer to whiff has has decent recovery
naked b2 for the corner or yolo poke, make em respect a b23 to there dismay. b23 is kinda dumb in the corner
b2 specials to look for chip and safe meter building. I use b2at like crazy when i have trait active, great way to close off a round since trait can chip you dead with normals

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy

What do you think?
You have to throw out HM INSTANTLY after B2, meaning it's pointless you can't hit confirm it making it worse than just landed B23.

But otherwise you can use it to mix up like B2 tele/B2 torpedo.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
ive been using b23 for whiff punishing, and b2 teleport

i usually just go for easy meterless damage if i get b23 to hit, and i pretty much never use b2 herculean might anymore
I also almost always use B23 for meterless damage whiff punishers, time to time i'll end in a MB torpedo for more 50/50s

Uber

Noob
B2 HM is much safer to just throw out than B23. I really only use B23 now when I'm punishing or they are jumping around a lot.

If I see them actually punish B2xxHM, I might consider throwing B23 to check them off.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
So 2 things 1) what's the most damage you guys can get with a HM MB starter for 2 bars i got 49% with hm mb, b3, j3, f223, ac, 1,2 hm. Anyone have any higher damaging?

2) what's this "meaty reset" i keep hearing about

zoofs

bless
So 2 things 1) what's the most damage you guys can get with a HM MB starter for 2 bars i got 49% with hm mb, b3, j3, f223, ac, 1,2 hm. Anyone have any higher damaging?

i dont ever use 2 bars but off what you listed i think just a 3 into hm finisher would do more damage

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L

A meaty reset is basically where you have large window to attempt the reset whilst they have a very small window to wake up and counter. Meaty refers to a move who's hurt box lasts a long time. So here's a meaty reset situation:
You combo them and end in a regular AC. Then you do a meaty HM to reset and If they fuck up in any way or block at all, that enormous wall of grab damage will scoop them up for another 40%+

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
HM*mb > j3 > f223 > AC*mb > 3 > hm = 50%
or
HM*mb > b3 > j3 > f223 > AC*mb > 3 > hm = 50% (drops a lot more often)

the 50%/+ mark looks cool.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
A meaty reset is basically where you have large window to attempt the reset whilst they have a very small window to wake up and counter. Meaty refers to a move who's hurt box lasts a long time. So here's a meaty reset situation:
You combo them and end in a regular AC. Then you do a meaty HM to reset and If they fuck up in any way or block at all, that enormous wall of grab damage will scoop them up for another 40%+
Thank you i didn't know about this ill definitely try this out

HM*mb > j3 > f223 > AC*mb > 3 > hm = 50%
or
HM*mb > b3 > j3 > f223 > AC*mb > 3 > hm = 50% (drops a lot more often)

the 50%/+ mark looks cool.
Thanks! I didn't think of not doing a b3 after the Hm

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
if youre counting a jump in thats a waste of meter, j2, f22 reset hm mb b3 j3 f223 ac/hm is 52% i think

Yea I have a little trouble landing F223~HM after a J3 sometimes so I do what I can land consistently besides my combo has swag:joker:

zoofs

bless
Yea I have a little trouble landing F223~HM after a J3 sometimes so I do what I can land consistently besides my combo has swag:joker:
its super easy, you just need to get used to it

ending in hm all I normally do is wait a little before jumping in after the b3, then just f223 hm right away

for ac I jump in with 3 right away then delay the f223 into ac

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
its super easy, you just need to get used to it

ending in hm all I normally do is wait a little before jumping in after the b3, then just f223 hm right away

for ac I jump in with 3 right away then delay the f223 into ac

I'll give it a whirl just gotta get the timing down consistently