What's new

Shattered Alliances Part 1 - Trailer - Cyborg Reveal

Lokheit

Noob
I feel like i say this every time but damn the voice acting is top notch in this. It's astounding, got some really great talent all around on this project.
Thankfully I always play games in english and I will enjoy it but others here won't be able to enjoy it and that's a pity.

I can only cringe in advance of the atrocities voice actors will do in my country with this one (and Spain actually has some awesome voice actors, even our Simpsons sound funnier, but when it comes to videogames it's like they don't care and let anyone do it in exchange of a sandwich or something instead of getting proper actors).

I remember jumping from my sofa to the floor (literally) to turn off my PS3 back in the day as soon as I started MK9 and heard Shao Kahn's horrible voice in spanish at the beginning of the story intro and I didn't want it to taint my experience even for some seconds.

Lokheit

Noob
To break a bit with all the ranting, disappointment and apparent racial war incomming, I want to point a couple of things from the title of the video and the image posted in the thread:

- The video says "Part 1", which should mean there is at least a "Part 2".

- If you look at the image you can see on the right (and it took me a while to realize what it was) Gorilla Grodd's elbow rised like he has his arm up to throw a fist, so that image is just part of a bigger one probably with more fighters involved.

So I think next trailer will show Gorilla Grodd's squad (we know Deadshot and Poison Ivy are part of that, Catwoman is probably an infiltrated agent and Harley Quinn at some point is taken prisioner by them as we saw on the girls trailer). It will probably show more characters like Captain Cold or Scarecrow, so here you go, discuss and get hyped instead of ranting!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'm kinda surprised Blue Beatle and Cyborg are both in the game at launch.. I mean they couldn't be more different character wise but they are both dudes with morphing armour and could be considered to have some similarities in their power set. Be interested to see how they plan to really make the two roster slots feel different.

Lokheit

Noob
I'm kinda surprised Blue Beatle and Cyborg are both in the game at launch.. I mean they couldn't be more different character wise but they are both dudes with morphing armour and could be considered to have some similarities in their power set. Be interested to see how they plan to really make the two roster slots feel different.
I think this is a self imposed challenge to show how creative the team is when you consider:

- Multiple kryptonians.

- Multiple nature based characters.

- Multiple ice characters.

- Multiple morphing armors as you said.

And probably more examples (psychic powers? I don't know much about Braniac), and I like it, presenting similar concepts on different ways and showing that a shared theme doesn't have to mean similar movesets at all.

WATCHD0G

Noob
hold up who is the person gliding next to batman right before cyborg shows up...at first I thought it was beetle, but thenot why would he need to glide with a cape??

Wetdoba

All too easy...
That is good but for a trait no. Healing was ass we all know that. It may return as a special move which I'm fine with that but grapple hook trait? I can't picture that at all. But upgrade the GH to that level you mentioned would be lit and may actually be a gear augment. Can't wait to see his trait though.
It would have to have its own dedicated button so you could just press the direction and the button like Rash in KI with his tongue except he would do it to run away and shoot balls. You couldnt have 8 different inputs for 8 different directions. Healing could be a special but in this scenario GH would be something he based his whole gameplan on and would be totally trait worthy. I dunno if his mobility was as good as that he would be so fun. Like straight upward grapple instead of those crazy neutral jump cross up set ups would be sick

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I'm really surprised people don't like Cyborg, i think he is one of the best DC characters. He looks badass in Inj2, i just hope that they reworked his moveset because he was kinda boring to play.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
It's not necessarily hate for Cyborg, it's hate for the fact that we were all hype for a "New Character Reveal", only to have it turn out to be the most uninteresting character who wasn't new at all.
Honestly he is far more interesting than most of the characters revealed.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
It would have to have its own dedicated button so you could just press the direction and the button like Rash in KI with his tongue except he would do it to run away and shoot balls. You couldnt have 8 different inputs for 8 different directions. Healing could be a special but in this scenario GH would be something he based his whole gameplan on and would be totally trait worthy. I dunno if his mobility was as good as that he would be so fun. Like straight upward grapple instead of those crazy neutral jump cross up set ups would be sick
Having GH for a trait is lack luster to say the least and it can still be assigned to a button it just wouldn't be 4. But I would like to see GH get extensions and or allow him to GH mid air and or allow him to GH after air nova blast. I hope there is a benefit for charging or holding his nova blast as there wasn't any in ij1. Hope he can walk while holding the nova blast like arrow in ij1.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
  • 10 second cyborg reveal
  • people are unhype he's in the game
  • total of 7 people are happy(good for you guys!)
  • "LUL UR A RACIST"
ok that's all through these 8 pages right or did i miss something important?