What's new

SF’s 30th Anniversary Collection: Will NRS follow suit?

MRIGOTBASS

Playing the game on MAME in 4-6 players auto swap mode on the lag less Mortal Kombat server like we did yesterday is the best online experience I’ve ever had. With the new emulinker and a powerful server, we could play for hours with absolutely zero lag spike (lag stats). MAME netplay is really great nowadays. When you compare MAME online to any other MK netplay service, you won’t want to play the XBL or PSN.
Yea except now days, people cheat by slowing down the emulator itself at the core, its called Modding, so it doesnt show as Lag Spikes, it just makes the game run slow as hell. All of the people in the Alternative Lifestyle Discord and Facebook group for umk3 do the shit. Arion, Miss Spin aka John Vargas, Magister, Counterweight, the list goes on and on, they all physically slow down the emulator so it runs at a snails pace. Add on top of that custom versions of mame that have been compiled from c++ code of 119 mame that have Keyloggers + Custom Cheats installed by the Modder than contain Malware and are clearly unsafe to install. Then add on all the modified ROM's ect.

Only way UMK3 will be successful or get old players back in Console, Nobody is going to install NWO's Malware Mame on thier PC, believe me LOL.

trufenix

bye felicia
Nothing is ever absolute, and very few things in life are guaranteed. But the cost in production, development and the entire process VS how many people are likely to buy this = profitable. You wouldn’t even really need that many buys, it really depends on how much $$ you put into it, how much you charge for it, timing, promotion and a bunch of other factors.
I just don't know where you're getting your facts, man. MK1-3 remakes have happened on every platform they have all sucked or tanked or been poorly received.. An actual HD remix was attempted and ultimately killed for not being financially viable. And most importanlty Capcom has tried, and failed, 4 four times, to pump modern hd blood into old fighters and make a profit. This is why old man WB keeps pissing in your 20 year old corn flakes.

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
Yea except now days, people cheat by slowing down the emulator itself at the core, its called Modding, so it doesnt show as Lag Spikes, it just makes the game run slow as hell. All of the people in the Alternative Lifestyle Discord and Facebook group for umk3 do the shit. Arion, Miss Spin aka John Vargas, Magister, Counterweight, the list goes on and on, they all physically slow down the emulator so it runs at a snails pace. Add on top of that custom versions of mame that have been compiled from c++ code of 119 mame that have Keyloggers + Custom Cheats installed by the Modder than contain Malware and are clearly unsafe to install. Then add on all the modified ROM's ect.

Only way UMK3 will be successful or get old players back in Console, Nobody is going to install NWO's Malware Mame on thier PC, believe me LOL.
You must be kidding!?
:D :D

MRIGOTBASS

I just don't know where you're getting your facts, man. MK1-3 remakes have happened on every platform they have all sucked or tanked or been poorly received.. An actual HD remix was attempted and ultimately killed for not being financially viable. And most importanlty Capcom has tried, and failed, 4 four times, to pump modern hd blood into old fighters and make a profit. This is why old man WB keeps pissing in your 20 year old corn flakes.
UMK3 for 2006 XBL had 200K + gamertags on the leaderboard, XBL tags aren't free, so even if 1/4 of those people paid the $10 for the game $500K minus expenses, there is meat still left on the bone. Now the real question becomes this is a few hundred K profit AT BEST for NRS or WB worth thier time fucking around with a 25 year old game or is the time better spent on titles that make real money?? UMK3 06 on XBL definetly didn't tank however that was 13 years ago, and times have changed. I think at this point any rerelease will be more of a favor from NRS than to make a profit.

MRIGOTBASS

I guess my servers got hacked too by thoses groups of cheaters because all other games played there including the original MK behave the same way... I was referring to the Emulinker X 2.0.2 server, and the smooth netplay, not the ROMs or MAME.
No dude your sever can be the best most fastest server hosting malware infested emulators, LOL. Not a dig on your server my friend, just saying people do not want to install NWO's Malware Infested MAME executable on their computers. Hopefully this clairifys what you seem to have missed. I am not accusing you or your server of having Malware bud. I appreciate your dedication to UMK3, its just you have been gone a while and don't really know what goes on in the game now days. Hell when you left Miss Spin was a Girl, now come to find out the whole time it was a MAN LOL. Thangs Change homie :)

EDIT:
I again want to clairify that the original non modified Mame 119 as released by its developers is fine, however these recompiled executables with Keyloggers and other Malware or Cheats just are not accepted by the masses, thats why we are looking for a console rerelease.

MRIGOTBASS

@nwo
dude, wtf is this guy talking about here?
Its called WIN API bud, NWO's modified Mame packages are intercepting the Windows Message Pump in addition to a lot of other functionality that has the ability to intercept any key pressed on your computer, even if Mame32.exe doesnt have focus.

MRIGOTBASS

@nwo
dude, wtf is this guy talking about here?
Its called WIN API bud, NWO's modified Mame packages are intercepting the Windows Message Pump in addition to a lot of other functionality that has the ability to intercept any key pressed on your computer, even if Mame32.exe doesnt have focus.

i think i have a mame32++119 here from nwo lol

MRIGOTBASS

What I clearly missed, is obvious drama but I like to stay out of it. I would never put a file containing a virus on my website. Even If I wanted to, my whole database is scanned regularly by 3rd party firms to protect the domain.

I host the Team Edition on the site so you are diffamatory to my website and my reputation by claiming such things. And come on man, it just makes you look bad.

I really want to be out of this drama. I just want to play the game. You can come and play the original game if you prefer as I’d love to play you again.
Its cool, im not sure how many ways i can say it, not a dig at ur site, or server, or you. I am just saying we all want a new UMK3, we do not want any more of these Malware Mame's. And I appreciate you taking ur time to make a server ect thank you.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator

MAME/Kaillera is terrible and has been since forever. It’s just as bad as 06 and MKAK as far as online UMK is concerned, hence why I don’t play on there anymore. Been playing on 06 and the biggest complaint for me is the shitty 360 dpad not the lag/delay. The lag is far worse on Kaillera, at least for me.

But none of these version/ports are great especially not online. Which is why I would love a NEXT GEN release.

MRIGOTBASS

MAME/Kaillera is terrible and has been since forever. It’s just as bad as 06 and MKAK as far as online UMK is concerned, hence why I don’t play on there anymore. Been playing on 06 and the biggest complaint for me is the shitty 360 dpad not the lag/delay. The lag is far worse on Kaillera, at least for me.

But none of these version/ports are great especially not online. Which is why I would love a NEXT GEN release.
Jugger you Good ?

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
As much as I’d love for this to happen I doubt it I mean we’ve been teased an hd remake before and nothing happened and some of the Community (including myself) has been asking for years...

Heck I dont even think the arcade trilogy is backwards comparable yet...lol

Please based NRS make it happen..

Also if that 3rd strike port isn’t at least close to arcade portness it’s a whole never level of salt!

What I clearly missed, is obvious drama but I like to stay out of it. I would never put a file containing a virus on my website. Even If I wanted to, my whole database is scanned regularly by 3rd party firms to protect the domain.

I host the Team Edition on the site so you are diffamatory to my website and my reputation by claiming such things. And come on man, it just makes you look bad.

I really want to be out of this drama. I just want to play the game. You can come and play the original game if you prefer as I’d love to play you again.
It would be great if team beta and 1.3 were in the same Mame pack. Agree?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Why the hell are you guys turning this discussion into another endless, UMK3 /Mame debate? It's not at all welcoming.

If anything, we already had our anniversary game = Mortal Kombat 9.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Why the hell are you guys turning this discussion into another endless, UMK3 /Mame debate? It's not at all welcoming.

MK9 is nothing like UMK3 though.

MRIGOTBASS

I agree man, there should be no debate, if they release it on console so the whole community can enjoy it, great if they don't they don't. Even know I enjoy some UMK3, I personally believe its time to bury the game forever.