What's new

Seriously... Something needs to be done about the pokes

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
but if use your brain and mix your responses he's doomed

But I'm giving you guys what you can do against him you just need to be patient ,mix him up

You can literally say those things about any character in the game. If you assume your opponent plays perfect and makes the right read every time, any character can be made to sound mid or low tier.

Iconic Horror

Behold The Kingdom Of The Wretched Undying
So basically Sonic, Ninja, Rewind, Scar and whoever else losing to Johnny needs to listen to Yousef on how to beat him? Nice. Where were you in the recent tournaments Yousef? I'm surprised you aren't obliterating the scene already with this knowledge only you apparently have access to.

Yousef

Noob
Guys stop attacking me,your problem with cage was pressure , and I gave you what you can do
I'm not claiming that I'm better than anybody , and I'm definitely not better than those guys you mentioned ,they're not relaying on his pressure and plus frames like most us do , they use footsies ,that's how they always win , and in my opinion there are some characters who has footsies strings close to cage , not the same but good enough
You offered a problem and I gave you the answer ,period

Yousef

Noob
You can literally say those things about any character in the game. If you assume your opponent plays perfect and makes the right read every time, any character can be made to sound mid or low tier.
You're absolutely right
But they can try to make a read instead of just waiting until he's not on plus frames
They said oh he's safe all his strings are safe
Kabal has the same problem ,all of his strings are safe slow on start up but still safe

You're absolutely right
But they can try to make a read instead of just waiting until he's not on plus frames
They said oh he's safe all his strings are safe
Kabal has the same problem ,all of his strings are safe slow on start up but still safe
Lol, stop it bro.

Yousef

Noob
One more thing
None of us is as good as ninjakilla or Sonicfox otherwise we would be there in tournaments kicking ass
So unless you played against a player who's as good as those two who will calculate every frame in the game you're not doomed against cage
Sonic Fox won matches with kollector when everybody was crying how bad kollector is
When Sonic fox won a match with cage all the media went crazy on how fox made a bottom tier character a legend

I'm not claiming that that I know the game top to bottom

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Inb4 y'all get hit with the "It took me 300 matches but I finally reached Master rank with Johnny"

xKMMx

Banned
This is the problem right here, OP initiated a discussion proposing changes and went in depth about it, then you come, add nothing to the discussion(get tons of upvotes while at it), and that's it. This is exactly what needs to stop around here, there is gamefaqs for that.

As for the topic, i think points 1 and 2 are very interesting, point 3 i don't agree, point 4 is ok either way for me.
Yea you have good have good points.... But NRS doesn't give a damn,

xKMMx

Banned
I don't know about all this video game talk but one thing I can say is im pretty sure a lot of y'all need more P*(Sy

xKMMx

Banned
I have to disagree with the tekken statement about low pokes. If you are using low pokes to check you will get low parried. Even d1 are a special mid that can be low parried.
Yup if you start mashing out pokes in Tekken your gonna eat some damage.

Gaxkang

Banned
This all sounds like the words of someone who doesn’t know how to play the game. If you can’t punish nut punch, it is your fault. The ONLY exception is if the game actually lag spikes as it gets blocked (if the orange or red symbol pops up at the bottom of the screen) otherwise you’ve got no excuse. I play online the same way you do and yet I punish nut punch and teleport fine. It is 100% on you, not the game.
The orange/red symbol appears when there is typically heavy lag in the game to the point where the fight will likely disconnect especially if it is sustained. So I wouldn't use that as the all or nothing measure of lag in an online fight.

And I had said sometimes nut punch or teleport was punishable and other times it wasn't. That sort of randomness isn't healthy heh.

A weird example i remember was Sub Zero's overhead string being safe from D1 but punishable from string in the same fight. String is a preferable punishment anyways, but it's just a funny interlude that the D1 wouldn't work.

In the training mode I had noticed some punishment has to be very immediate...that is, as soon as the last hit hits your block you must punish or else...it has to be instant instant.
Which if shoved online...may not hold up always.

But I've pretty much ceased playing online, I just do single player now really.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
The orange/red symbol appears when there is typically heavy lag in the game to the point where the fight will likely disconnect especially if it is sustained. So I wouldn't use that as the all or nothing measure of lag in an online fight.

And I had said sometimes nut punch or teleport was punishable and other times it wasn't. That sort of randomness isn't healthy heh.

A weird example i remember was Sub Zero's overhead string being safe from D1 but punishable from string in the same fight. String is a preferable punishment anyways, but it's just a funny interlude that the D1 wouldn't work.

In the training mode I had noticed some punishment has to be very immediate...that is, as soon as the last hit hits your block you must punish or else...it has to be instant instant.
Which if shoved online...may not hold up always.

But I've pretty much ceased playing online, I just do single player now really.
My guy you are literally spouting misinformation and blaming the game. There is no randomness involved, it is you. If nut punch or teleport was not punishable sometimes, that’s not the game, that’s you being too slow. Saying that kind of randomness isn’t healthy doesn’t make sense because there isn’t any randomness involved at all. Also if you’re able to punish sub’s f24 with a string you can punish it with d1. Do you not understand how frame data works?

And lastly if you can barely punish things in training mode then again its you. Everyone else here punishes plenty of things fine. Most moves in this game have enough blockstun to be able to be punished on reaction easily.

I mean this in the nicest way, but you just sound like a bad player without any knowledge so you’re blaming the game.

Gaxkang

Banned
My guy you are literally spouting misinformation and blaming the game. There is no randomness involved, it is you. If nut punch or teleport was not punishable sometimes, that’s not the game, that’s you being too slow. Saying that kind of randomness isn’t healthy doesn’t make sense because there isn’t any randomness involved at all. Also if you’re able to punish sub’s f24 with a string you can punish it with d1. Do you not understand how frame data works?

And lastly if you can barely punish things in training mode then again its you. Everyone else here punishes plenty of things fine. Most moves in this game have enough blockstun to be able to be punished on reaction easily.

I mean this in the nicest way, but you just sound like a bad player without any knowledge so you’re blaming the game.
Well you're free to your opinion, it's a familiar one to me.

I remember in Tekken I once ran into a high rank player who was smurfing in the blue ranks with his main while I was taking a new character thru such ranks. While I had not claimed to be an expert player to him, I did also point out to him that he was a 3 bar connection. He said no way he was and said I just sucked...I offered to show him a screenshot. Then he switched gears and said 3 bar connections were perfectly fine. I half expected him to next claim 2 bar connections were fine too heh.

I know some people don't want to say that online can be bad or that there can be any lag in it, or how game design might not gel with playing online.

Anyways I gave my observations. I guess you say the game is perfect design and perfect online. You are entitled to your opinion. ;)

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Well you're free to your opinion, it's a familiar one to me.

I remember in Tekken I once ran into a high rank player who was smurfing in the blue ranks with his main while I was taking a new character thru such ranks. While I had not claimed to be an expert player to him, I did also point out to him that he was a 3 bar connection. He said no way he was and said I just sucked...I offered to show him a screenshot. Then he switched gears and said 3 bar connections were perfectly fine. I half expected him to next claim 2 bar connections were fine too heh.

I know some people don't want to say that online can be bad or that there can be any lag in it, or how game design might not gel with playing online.

Anyways I gave my observations. I guess you say the game is perfect design and perfect online. You are entitled to your opinion. ;)
You’re not even making sense. Its not an opinion, its fact. You’re just bad and searching for excuses because fuck me you’re saying some dumb shit. Hell I wasn’t even talking about lag anymore and you just ignored what the rest of my comment even said. Unless the connection is unstable you have no excuse. Its all on you “heh”

Gaxkang

Banned
You’re not even making sense. Its not an opinion, its fact. You’re just bad and searching for excuses because fuck me you’re saying some dumb shit. Hell I wasn’t even talking about lag anymore and you just ignored what the rest of my comment even said. Unless the connection is unstable you have no excuse. Its all on you “heh”
You were discarding lag as a factor since you settled on that it must be the player, they are too slow, etc. And I guess it always being that way.

Sub Zero's overhead string...if with the same timing in the same fight a D1 is blocked but a string is not, that's a weird thing.

Unless someone is waiting 3 seconds after block to punish, punishments should hit. You block, you hit your punish, and it hits...that's how it should work.

Scorpion's teleport...sometimes you can uppercut that (if someone just wants to uppercut it) and other times it will be blocked. It makes no sense, but that's how it works online.

The online has issues, and the game design amplifies those issues.

I've done different scenarios in training mode when it comes to punishing on block, or options like say, if you block something and someone mashes D1 or blocks, what you can do.
Doing that has shown me that I don't want to play online...because the design offline isn't that great anyways, and then if online lag is added, it will be worse.

My advice to people playing online is emphasize offense over blocking, that's what the game wants.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
You were discarding lag as a factor since you settled on that it must be the player, they are too slow, etc. And I guess it always being that way.

Sub Zero's overhead string...if with the same timing in the same fight a D1 is blocked but a string is not, that's a weird thing.

Unless someone is waiting 3 seconds after block to punish, punishments should hit. You block, you hit your punish, and it hits...that's how it should work.

Scorpion's teleport...sometimes you can uppercut that (if someone just wants to uppercut it) and other times it will be blocked. It makes no sense, but that's how it works online.

The online has issues, and the game design amplifies those issues.

I've done different scenarios in training mode when it comes to punishing on block, or options like say, if you block something and someone mashes D1 or blocks, what you can do.
Doing that has shown me that I don't want to play online...because the design offline isn't that great anyways, and then if online lag is added, it will be worse.

My advice to people playing online is emphasize offense over blocking, that's what the game wants.
Are you purposely being dense? I even specifically said that its always your fault UNLESS it lag spikes. Read that again, I said UNLESS it lag spikes. Jesus.

Punishing it with a string and a d1 both work every single damn time, if its not working its 100% on you again, UNLESS IT LAG SPIKES (since you need this to pointed out apparently.) If I can punish it 100% fine 10/10, how can it possibly be the game? We’re both playing the same version of the game here.

Blocking an unsafe move and hitting a button that can punish it is LITERALLY HOW IT WORKS. This is already in the game already and has been in every fighting game with comprehensive frame data since their inception. IT IS YOU NOT THE GAME.

I punish Scorpion’s teleport perfectly fucking fine online. Anytime I don’t its either on me and not the game, or there was a lag spike. The actual game itself will literally always allow a punish if I physically input the button fast enough. EVERYTIME.

Please for the love of God read my comment properly and listen because you’re either trolling at this point, or if you’re being 100% serious, just straight up unwilling to admit fault. As many times as I need to say it, it is on you for not punishing things, short of lag spikes. Even moves with low blockstun, its still on you. It is never the game’s fault, and there’s no randomness involved in the frame data. It’s always consistent, there’s never a random reason for it to change, there’s no RNG at play at all. The only game I’ve ever heard of random frame data was MK9, and that wasn’t intentional, that was because that game was an unbalanced buggy mess. Those bugs don’t exist at all in this game.

Last thing, if you’re really adamant that sometimes punishes work and sometimes they don’t, just post a YouTube video so we can see if what you’re saying is true.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
@Gaxkang

Up there with Curbo, LoveThoughts, and Soundslikepause, SonicNinja might very well be the best Kabal in the NRS community. I urge you to reconsider your approach from the "online has issues" standpoint.