What's new

Seriously... Something needs to be done about the pokes

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
low pokes work the same in tekken as in mk11 as in that you dont get any combos out of it but you can check your opponents to interrupt what they do and gaining then + frames so that its your turn. overall mk 11 leans more into the 3d realm of fighters then the usuall 2d fighting games. forward advancing strings with variations to them, ducking throws, the way pokes work. its very similar to tekken.

in sf/ki you can get a combo out of crouching jab but usually you go for a light kick low to open up people.

about options against the low poke...block, its then your turn or dont get into its range and whiffpunish.
I have to disagree with the tekken statement about low pokes. If you are using low pokes to check you will get low parried. Even d1 are a special mid that can be low parried.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
I have to disagree with the tekken statement about low pokes. If you are using low pokes to check you will get low parried. Even d1 are a special mid that can be low parried.
just because a game has a low parry system doesnt mean you cant use the poke for what i described. do you actually play tekken?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm a cage player and I literally just kicked his ass in a mirror match online ( Jcage vs Jcage ) with no mixups , and he wasn't that bad ,just used what I'm telling u to do
When u watch the match of Sonicfox or ninjakilla , those matches are full of respect ,no poke fight like cats and no spamming teleports or any other spamming
Everybody thinks that he's godlike or whatever
But he's actually full of flaws and sucks if they take away his useless pressure tools and give him an overhead and some practical kbs I'll be very happy
**He has no mixups
**No practical kbs
**No fast mids
All people are crying about his strings and his pressure which u can literally just poke ur way out of it
And then he takes a half step back and blows you up for trying to poke. And then you’re cornered and now holding plus frames and have to guess again.

If you really think it’s that easy, play a FT10 against a good Cage and just keep poking them and see how far that gets you. Stream it so we can all learn from it.

Moving is a mixup against Johhny Cage. It’s how he’s designed.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
And then he takes a half step back and blows you up for trying to poke. And then you’re cornered and now holding plus frames and have to guess again.

If you really think it’s that easy, play a FT10 against a good Cage and just keep poking them and see how far that gets you. Stream it so we can all learn from it.

Yep I'd also like to see this lol

Yousef

Noob

I've played against good cage players , but apparently you didn't play AS A CAGE if you only play against him then don't judge him ,if you keep poking like a cat of course I'll go back whiff punish you but if use your brain and mix your responses he's doomed
I've played 2500+ matches with cage , yeah 2500 and I know what I'm talking about
You say moving is a mixup ?
** Try blocking waiting if erron black gonna slide after the second or third hit
** try waiting for Kabal guessing if he's going for his overhead kb or his low kb
**Try guessing if sendel is going to low poke or an overhead with her hair
** Should I start on scorpion /jokerand his bs ?cuz I'm gonna need a new post for that
** Jump projectiles which is just stupid
** And other things Sonya,subzero,etc
Oh wait did you try eating 400+ combo from baraka or gares ,, it's delicious
Or 3 kbs in one combo from scorpion
Should I go on with teleports I just played scorpion player who I couldn't even see him he teleported 566 times in one match pretty much everytime I try to hit him I find him behind me saying hi
If you guys didn't play cage don't judge him you might have faced him 2 - 5 times a day but I'm stuck with his bs I guess until next mk game , try playing cage and eating 400 combo out of d2 KB every now and then I actually lost count how many times I got it when trying to advance with f3 which is the best advancing move I have or even f44 sometimes, thankfully not all players know u can d2 ,f44 too if you have a good d2 like noob or Jade or sendel ....etc
Try whiffing most of your first hits on females since all his strings are high
I gave you what you can use against him
#poke
#jump ALL TYPES
# fast mids
#throws
Make a read and counter don't spam and mash poke and say he's OP

And that's my email if you want ,contact me and I can show u in practice that HE SUCKS
[email protected]

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I've played against good cage players , but apparently you didn't play AS A CAGE if you only play against him then don't judge him ,if you keep poking like a cat of course I'll go back whiff punish you but if use your brain and mix your responses he's doomed
I've played 2500+ matches with cage , yeah 2500 and I know what I'm talking about
You say moving is a mixup ?
** Try blocking waiting if erron black gonna slide after the second or third hit
** try waiting for Kabal guessing if he's going for his overhead kb or his low kb
**Try guessing if sendel is going to low poke or an overhead with her hair
** Should I start on scorpion /jokerand his bs ?cuz I'm gonna need a new post for that
** Jump projectiles which is just stupid
** And other things Sonya,subzero,etc
Oh wait did you try eating 400+ combo from baraka or gares ,, it's delicious
Or 3 kbs in one combo from scorpion
Should I go on with teleports I just played scorpion player who I couldn't even see him he teleported 566 times in one match pretty much everytime I try to hit him I find him behind me saying hi
If you guys didn't play cage don't judge him you might have faced him 2 - 5 times a day but I'm stuck with his bs I guess until next mk game , try playing cage and eating 400 combo out of d2 KB every now and then I actually lost count how many times I got it when trying to advance with f3 which is the best advancing move I have or even f44 sometimes, thankfully not all players know u can d2 ,f44 too if you have a good d2 like noob or Jade or sendel ....etc
Try whiffing most of your first hits on females since all his strings are high
I gave you what you can use against him
#poke
#jump ALL TYPES
# fast mids
#throws
Make a read and counter don't spam and mash poke and say he's OP

And that's my email if you want ,contact me and I can show u in practice that HE SUCKS
[email protected]
Erm... You’re complaining about things that most of the cast has to deal with. It’s literally those characters’ meta.

Yet Johnny cage is in literally every top 8 — and I mean every top 8. And the reason why is that his meta is safe. If you block it, he doesn’t instantly have to commit to something else. He can return to neutral and just play his game, which is what all the best Cage players do.

You’re talking about getting hit because you’re trying to autopilot something out on block. Imagine you do get hit with a poke — if you’re not mashing out your followup, then you’re free to block yourself and take minimal damage. And if you’re getting poked repeatedly then you aren’t respecting the fact that your buttons far outrange anybody’s d1/d3 etc.

Johnny forces you to think, be patient, and play your opponent rather than trying to mash out canned setplay on block. If you can’t handle that, then the character is just not a good match for you.

Yousef

Noob
Erm... You’re complaining about things that most of the cast has to deal with. It’s literally those characters’ meta.

Yet Johnny cage is in literally every top 8 — and I mean every top 8. And the reason why is that his meta is safe. If you block it, he doesn’t instantly have to commit to something else. He can return to neutral and just play his game, which is what all the best Cage players do.

You’re talking about getting hit because you’re trying to autopilot something out on block. Imagine you do get hit with a poke — if you’re not mashing out your followup, then you’re free to block yourself and take minimal damage. And if you’re getting poked repeatedly then you aren’t respecting the fact that your buttons far outrange anybody’s d1/d3 etc.

Johnny forces you to think, be patient, and play your opponent rather than trying to mash out canned setplay on block. If you can’t handle that, then the character is just not a good match for you.
I know what you're trying to say , I'm mastering cage this way now and yeah I know he's annoying , I gave examples of annoying things in the game that's all cuz he said moving is a mixup and cage is OP
But I'm giving you guys what you can do against him you just need to be patient ,mix him up I gave u guys all the flaws once you master that he's weak ,he has absolutely nothing to offer , or just counter pick him with a range character like sendel or Jade or even joker
He gave an example of how bad using a poke is
Honestly poke Mashers are my favorite just go back and whiff punish , but things get ugly when the opponent starts playing with my mind like I'm playing with his
D2,jumps,mids ,if he blocks mix him up
I'm trying to help , but they are just thinking
like oh he doesn't know how to play his character

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
just because a game has a low parry system doesnt mean you cant use the poke for what i described. do you actually play tekken?
Oh you can but I'm saying there is a system to defend against it. So if you use it in the same way it is used in mk and your opponent has half a brain you will get bounced.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
mix him up I gave u guys all the flaws once you master that he's weak ,he has absolutely nothing to offer
So in your opinion, the best players who play this game, who spend hours grinding out matchups and learning the details of how each character works, are simply losing to Johnny Cage because they're dumb, and after nearly a a year, can't figure out how to just mash pokes.

I'm going to let that statement speak for itself :coffee:

Yousef

Noob
So in your opinion, the best players who play this game, who spend hours grinding out matchups and learning the details of how each character works, are simply losing to Johnny Cage because they're dumb, and after nearly a a year, can't figure out how to just mash pokes.

I'm going to let that statement speak for itself :coffee:
Well
Everybody thinks this way
In the game they'll think
oh he's gonna poke to steal back his turn I'm gonna poke him first , and when you poke him you'll find out that there is nobody to poke and you're being nutpunched
That's not being dumb , it's being human
I'm sorry if I offended anybody , didn't mean too
I'm telling u this cuz I've faced alot of good johnnys and yeah I found out that I'm annoying as hell
But I understood how Johnny works I'm trying to master mine while countering others
I'm saying mixup your responses cuz people can learn ,
If you always jump he'll just wait you out to juggle combo or simply d2
And the same goes for the rest

Well
Everybody thinks this way
In the game they'll think
oh he's gonna poke to steal back his turn I'm gonna poke him first , and when you poke him you'll find out that there is nobody to poke and you're being nutpunched
That's not being dumb , it's being human
I'm sorry if I offended anybody , didn't mean too
I'm telling u this cuz I've faced alot of good johnnys and yeah I found out that I'm annoying as hell
But I understood how Johnny works I'm trying to master mine while countering others
I'm saying mixup your responses cuz people can learn ,
If you always jump he'll just wait you out to juggle combo or simply d2
And the same goes for the rest
You shoulda stayed silent man, the jacqui players are taking the brunt of the downplayer gestapo right now and you brought them right back to us.:coffee:

Yousef

Noob
And you know what I'm sorry guys , cage is very OP and he broke the game , and I'm cheap that's why I main him
Please NRS nerf him ,
Cut his legs ,they seem to cause alot of discomfort

Jbog

Noob
Jc is solid but i agree with most 1500 matches under my belt and hes just solid but not top online for sure offline total monster online pretty mid tier

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The way pokes, throws among other things work in this game just make you scratch your head tbh. But yeah I agree with reo and many others in here who feel pokes were better in mk 9 than mk 11.

Last edited:

Yousef

Noob
Jc is solid but i agree with most 1500 matches under my belt and hes just solid but not top online for sure offline total monster online pretty mid tier
I agree with you offline he's solid , with flaws yeah but you need fast reactions to punish him ,you have to work hard to win yeah but still fun to play with
But online he's just below mid especially against females or scorpions with their safe jump ins BS

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I agree with you offline he's solid , with flaws yeah but you need fast reactions to punish him ,you have to work hard to win yeah but still fun to play with
But online he's just below mid especially against females or scorpions with their safe jump ins BS
He’s literally in the top 8 of every online tournament :coffee:

Below mid? come on.