What's new

Tech Sektor Tech Discussion Thread

LEGEND

YES!
I use B3 and B3 4 as my go to pressure tool. You're at neutral as opposed to -4 with less risk from kross ups since the 4 makes you airborne.

B2 1 is hardly ever put into my game. I would use B2 more if I got better at hit konfirming it into teleport AND block konfirming it into 1. Other wise it isn't really worth the risks to me.
establishing the AA game first is a big part of using it though. If they keep crossing you up when you go to use it the be sure to bait that shit out, so in this regard it think its risk is equal to its reward

PS: not everyone jumps as much as Krayzie, and they wont kill you upon one hit either :)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
based on those numbers then some wake-ups could cause you trouble no?
There's travel time AND you're recovering while they're in the air. (The frame data assumes the opponents are grounded which they are obviously not in a kombo.)

Teleports aren't that fast and advancing special have travel time in addition to their start up.

BUT yes..... lol. I know Johnny kan EX Shadow Kick but that takes meter too so it's not as good. We should look into that.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
establishing the AA game first is a big part of using it though. If they keep crossing you up when you go to use it the be sure to bait that shit out, so in this regard it think its risk is equal to its reward

PS: not everyone jumps as much as Krayzie, and they wont kill you upon one hit either :)
lol... I knew Krayzie would kome up in this.

Truth is though, sometimes people jump. AA's generally don't do as much as kombos. Plus the range isn't as great as B1.

15% doesn't seem worth it to me. 33% or 34% on the other hand...

NKZero

Noob
Yeah that's the beauty of this character. I play Sektor very much in the mould of Ketchup's Sektor i.e lame and heavy zoning/defensive footsies. Some like to play a lot with UM set-ups and even UM gimmicks within strings to maintain pressure.

Anyways I'm still convinced that U34-EX TU is different...despite Somberness saying otherwise lol. Just visually it looks different but then again I trust his testing over my hopeful judgement. I'll test it with a human (a real life human with feelings) today and see if my standing one beats out any of his characters' standing pokes. If it does, we know it must be safer than -6.

I think this is similar to other moves e.g. Noob's up knee where if done at certain range, can give the move more plus frames. We'll see.

Anyways I like the stuff you guys are coming up with and discussing. Hopefully the more time I have the more MU's I can write up in detail and get this shit done so we're all prepped up for EVO :). The best forum deserves the best.

LEGEND

YES!
lol... I knew Krayzie would kome up in this.

Truth is though, sometimes people jump. AA's generally don't do as much as kombos. Plus the range isn't as great as B1.

15% doesn't seem worth it to me. 33% or 34% on the other hand...
i want it to be blocked more than anything, and an unbreakable 15% that you can sit back on is pretty nice

i dont feel like there is any risk here, if you get jumped then break and force your opp to make a move next time. Its not like Sektor NEEDS his meter for anything else

Also this: AA 2-TU, B21, 1, B21 =33%

LEGEND

YES!
Yeah that's the beauty of this character. I play Sektor very much in the mould of Ketchup's Sektor i.e lame and heavy zoning/defensive footsies. Some like to play a lot with UM set-ups and even UM gimmicks within strings to maintain pressure.

Anyways I'm still convinced that U34-EX TU is different...despite Somberness saying otherwise lol. Just visually it looks different but then again I trust his testing over my hopeful judgement. I'll test it with a human (a real life human with feelings) today and see if my standing one beats out any of his characters' standing pokes. If it does, we know it must be safer than -6.

I think this is similar to other moves e.g. Noob's up knee where if done at certain range, can give the move more plus frames. We'll see.

Anyways I like the stuff you guys are coming up with and discussing. Hopefully the more time I have the more MU's I can write up in detail and get this shit done so we're all prepped up for EVO :). The best forum deserves the best.
Well i know it has random ADV, which suposedly only effects jumping. And the blockstun on it is kind weird.

Vs some characters there is a pretty deep mind game with it on block. Will talk about it tomorrow when im not typing on a controller lol

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
LETHAL LEGEND

Awesome thread, one of the best in a while. I've been a Sektor main since Day 1, I'm from Old Lyme, CT. My tournament nerves are still tragically bad but in a casual environment I can compete with most. I'd love to be tagged in all future Sektor content. I WILL SHOW NO MERCY!

Element_

The First Element
i usually allways ended anti-air combo's with the up missile,if it hits the opponent you can JIP and take 48% with 1 bar.....31%+48%=Round over ;)

ryublaze

Noob
LETHAL LEGEND I like the delayed d4 um ender. I tested against fast wake-up attacks and Sektor can still block in time.

Red Reaper The most consistent way I can get b3,4 to connect on crouch block vs. cage is after a hit d3 then going into b3,4. It has to be at point blank range though. B3 on hit works too but again has to be at point blank range. I'm not sure if this works against other characters.

There is also this topic about crouching hitboxes but it says b3,4 always whiffs on Cage:
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/sektor-and-crouching-hitboxes.15846/

LEGEND

YES!
LETHAL LEGEND I like the delayed d4 um ender. I tested against fast wake-up attacks and Sektor can still block in time.
Coooooool
-
Also, i was going to do a section on Knockdown setups off of combo enders, throws ect but i may not get around to doing it until after SCR

so don't get confused by the empty spot in the OP guys

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

[USER=2995]Red Reaper
The most consistent way I can get b3,4 to connect on crouch block vs. cage is after a hit d3 then going into b3,4. It has to be at point blank range though. B3 on hit works too but again has to be at point blank range. I'm not sure if this works against other characters.

There is also this topic about crouching hitboxes but it says b3,4 always whiffs on Cage:
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/sektor-and-crouching-hitboxes.15846/
That's the dumb thing about Cage. Against most characters a D3 into B3 4 is the right spacing (at point blank range) but that's not the kase with him.

In Kategories, with 1 being small and B3 4 will pretty much always wiff and 2 being normal, Cage fits in the 1.5 Kategory. The only character to fit in this kategory.

If he had Jax's or Lao's Hitbox I wouldn't be so agitated by him.

LEGEND

YES!
That's the dumb thing about Cage. Against most characters a D3 into B3 4 is the right spacing (at point blank range) but that's not the kase with him.

In Kategories, with 1 being small and B3 4 will pretty much always wiff and 2 being normal, Cage fits in the 1.5 Kategory. The only character to fit in this kategory.

or you could just use the B21 string more :p

ryublaze

Noob

Weird. It seems to work with me. Are you doing d3 on standing hit? also sometimes u might walk back too far when pressing B3 and it messes up the spacing.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Weird. It seems to work with me. Are you doing d3 on standing hit? also sometimes u might walk back too far when pressing B3 and it messes up the spacing.
D3 on Crouch Block.

I don't move. I try it with other characters too.

B3 works though...

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
we all know that his most damaging (and probably hardest) AA comes off of 3~TU, but has anyone tried experimenting AA'ing with standing 4? it has a neat looking range that should be easy to land in theory

LEGEND

YES!
we all know that his most damaging (and probably hardest) AA comes off of 3~TU, but has anyone tried experimenting AA'ing with standing 4? it has a neat looking range that should be easy to land in theory
i've been toying with AA 4-TU setups since its kinda bad as a standard AA. Sometimes i can get an opp to fullscreen jump if i use U3 in the middle of UM zoning

to my knowledge this is the most damaging AA though: 2-TU, B21, 1, B21 at 33%

LEGEND

YES!
lol.... I guess..
really what i mean is that in the middle of a match, where remaining life isn't a prime concern, nobody is going to be breaking the second hit of B21. So nailing 15% and a knockdown is pretty decent if your life bars were previously comparable

Plus like i said before, i really like when it gets blocked, Good chip, some meter build and perfect spacing for what i want to do

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
really what i mean is that in the middle of a match, where remaining life isn't a prime concern, nobody is going to be breaking the second hit of B21. So nailing 15% and a knockdown is pretty decent if your life bars were previously comparable

Plus like i said before, i really like when it gets blocked, Good chip, some meter build and perfect spacing for what i want to do
I kan't bring myself to use it. I play against Krayzie a lot so....

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
i've been toying with AA 4-TU setups since its kinda bad as a standard AA. Sometimes i can get an opp to fullscreen jump if i use U3 in the middle of UM zoning

to my knowledge this is the most damaging AA though: 2-TU, B21, 1, B21 at 33%
well if you replace the 2 with standing 3 it ends up at 35%