What's new

Tech Sektor Tech Discussion Thread

ryublaze

Noob
but wouldnt ending with 1,1,b1 give less advantage than ending with teleport? you usually can get off an up missile or straight missile afterwards. a while back I had an argument with he who shall not be named about ending with 1,1,b1.

Ryheem

LIN-KUEI STUDENT
i have this AA combo that puts you at fullscreen im not sure of the damage i dont have my ps3. 1, 12 teleport, 214. This puts you at fullscreen and have enough time to put out a upmissle or forward missle and the have to block.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I end my combos in 214 often, if they block, you'll get an extra 4% chip from two missiles plus spacing and a bit more meter

This is why im starting to think meter building combos should be use over their pure damge counterparts. Sektor can do some really neat setups with meter and his meterless damage is just fine

My viewpoint on this is you could spend a bar for an extra 8%ish boost mid combo, or you could spend a bar for more damage opportunities in general. And in the instances where you get free jump-ins or pressure strings you will be building most of the meter back anyway
I see what you're saying. That's fair, it just doesn't fit in with the way I personally play. I'm too defensive for a free jump-in to be worth it for me. I need to start making a concentrated effort to improve my up-close and aggressive game.

One thing that I would like to talk about is wall carry combos for Sektor. Sektor has plenty of ways to put his opponent's back against the wall, but all of them leave him way the hell away from them. I posted one or two combos a while back that carried a decent amount, but I can't seem to find them now*, but I do remember that the universal complaint was that they sacrificed too much damage to be worth it.

I was wondering if anyone has found any wall carry combos with Sektor and if you think they are a viable alternative to raw damage.

*I went to the lab to try and find some and here's what I came up with:

12b1~f4~11~f2~Flameburner 29%
12b1~f4~1~1~1~Flameburner 27%
12b1~f4~1~12b1~(wiffed)f2 27%
12b1~f4~f2~Flameburner 26%
12b1~4f~1~21~Up Missile 24% and safe(?) UM pressure

These are just some that I came up with after a few minutes. I would appreciate it if you guys would experiment with them, see if they are viable tools, and maybe see if you can find some of your own.

n9195v

Noob
I forget the damage but I've been using this set up with human sektor
12B1 - walk - 122*Tele - B34
It keeps you right on top of them even if they tech roll

LEGEND

YES!
I forget the damage but I've been using this set up with human sektor
12B1 - walk - 122*Tele - B34
It keeps you right on top of them even if they tech roll
Pretty sure Robo can do that as well

I see what you're saying. That's fair, it just doesn't fit in with the way I personally play. I'm too defensive for a free jump-in to be worth it for me. I need to start making a concentrated effort to improve my up-close and aggressive game.

One thing that I would like to talk about is wall carry combos for Sektor. Sektor has plenty of ways to put his opponent's back against the wall, but all of them leave him way the hell away from them. I posted one or two combos a while back that carried a decent amount, but I can't seem to find them now*, but I do remember that the universal complaint was that they sacrificed too much damage to be worth it.

I was wondering if anyone has found any wall carry combos with Sektor and if you think they are a viable alternative to raw damage.

*I went to the lab to try and find some and here's what I came up with:

12b1~f4~11~f2~Flameburner 29%
12b1~f4~1~1~1~Flameburner 27%
12b1~f4~1~12b1~(wiffed)f2 27%
12b1~f4~f2~Flameburner 26%
12b1~4f~1~21~Up Missile 24% and safe(?) UM pressure

These are just some that I came up with after a few minutes. I would appreciate it if you guys would experiment with them, see if they are viable tools, and maybe see if you can find some of your own.
i'm going to hit the lab later today and mess around with some wall carries, so far though i really don't like the drop in damage. I'm having a hard time thinking of a MU where corner position would be significant enough to offset this atm

But this does makes want to update the OP with a Setup topic. I have alot of good stuff on knockdown that i want to talk about

i'm going to hit the lab later today and mess around with some wall carries, so far though i really don't like the drop in damage. I'm having a hard time thinking of a MU where corner position would be significant enough to offset this atm

But this does makes want to update the OP with a Setup topic. I have alot of good stuff on knockdown that i want to talk about
Yeah, the damage drop is fairly significant. I wouldn't ever suggest using them like a Jax's 12~Dash Punch carry combos. I was mostly looking for a solution to when you are in a position where more damaging combos would put your own back to the wall. I'm not as enamored with Sektor's corner game as most, but I do know that having my back to the wall is a very bad situation.

I do like the 21~UM combo though. I need to do some more testing to see if it is actually safe, but if it is I feel like that might be useful.

Vagrant

Noob
Am I the only one who almost always ends combos in upmissile/homing setups? Unless I'm taking the round with a higher damaging combo, I always throw it out. The idea of 40+ % if it hits them standing always lures me in lol. Must be the scorp player in me.

NKZero

Noob
Here's my theory on the UM set-ups vs full combo damage. Meterless you can ill afford to give up 36%-38% just for UM pressure although a throw is nearly always guaranteed so you end up netting 40%+ anyways. Still the risk of a wake-up attack versus them avoiding the missile you put out isn't worth it. In an EX combo? Sure. As Vagrant said you do 4o+ already and you have additional potential for another combo opening via 50/50 mix-up or you chip out or you throw for 12%.

If I know the round is gonna end or I'm fighting Freddy or Raiden (mainly Freddy), I'll end in B2-flame burner for max damage and a standing situation because they can use safe wake-ups (Raiden not necessarily) to avoid the UM set-ups. If I need one more opening I'll go for my UM set-up, but I only really do them off 1 bar combos or if I do a corner combo.

That's my $0.02 on the matter.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
After some discussion with Red Reaper yesterday he showed me the 40% meterless that he told me RedRaptor10 made, I think I'm going to be using that.

12b1 > jump back kick xx teleport > B21 > 12 xx flame/missile

liking it a lot, feels super consistent

also what corner combo off of b34 is optimal?

I'm using:

b34 xx Teleport > Dash Under > 1 > B21 > 12 > 12 xx upmissile (was there one more rep of 12?) for 35% is there anything better?

LEGEND

YES!

I'm using:

b34 xx Teleport > Dash Under > 1 > B21 > 12 > 12 xx upmissile (was there one more rep of 12?) for 35% is there anything better?
Change the 12-um to 21-um and you have the one i use. Can't remember if there is an extra repetition of 12 either

ryublaze

Noob
After some discussion with Red Reaper yesterday he showed me the 40% meterless that he told me RedRaptor10 made, I think I'm going to be using that.

12b1 > jump back kick xx teleport > B21 > 12 xx flame/missile

liking it a lot, feels super consistent

I'm using:

I don't think I made that lol and I always thought that was hard for some reason. I didn't know you could dash under after b34tele in the corner. I always did b34 122 up missile which probably does like half of what you have :confused:

LEGEND

YES!
So uhhh, a Delayed D4-UM ender tracks tech rolls. . .

like 12B1, F43-TU, B34-Ex TU, (Wait till last possible moment) D4-UM = 40% and can NOT be evaded by tech rolling. It can only be evaded by tech rolling back then Dashing backwards after getting up, which also gives Sektor enough time to throw out another UM

May need more testing but its looking good atm

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I don't think I made that lol and I always thought that was hard for some reason. I didn't know you could dash under after b34tele in the corner. I always did b34 122 up missile which probably does like half of what you have :confused:

lol wtf he kept telling me you made it
Okay... So have I been giving kredit to the wrong person this whole time! lol...

I found it on this thread: http://testyourmight.com/threads/sektor-combo-thread-acquiring-target-and-destroying-target-using-maximum-damage.14065/

And if you scroll down you kan actually see that Red Raptor posted this on February 18, 2012. But I guess that's all wrong... Haha....

I'll just take kredit for that kombo from now on if nobody minds then. lol....

jk

NKZero

Noob
Guys I could be wrong or this may have been already mentioned but if you link U34-EX TU on block then Sektor recovers quicker than usual so I doubt he's at -7...in fact he could be neutral which makes a difference but I have no way of figuring out the frame data.

Could you guys double check to make sure my eyes aren't deceiving me. I tried linking EX TU off other strings but it had the same disadvantage on block as you would if you did a naked EX TU.

So not only can you make the overhead launcher safe by linking in EX TU, but you might also not be in as disadvantageous a situation frame data wise. Somberness?

ryublaze

Noob
Guys I could be wrong or this may have been already mentioned but if you link U34-EX TU on block then Sektor recovers quicker than usual so I doubt he's at -7...in fact he could be neutral which makes a difference but I have no way of figuring out the frame data.

Could you guys double check to make sure my eyes aren't deceiving me. I tried linking EX TU off other strings but it had the same disadvantage on block as you would if you did a naked EX TU.

So not only can you make the overhead launcher safe by linking in EX TU, but you might also not be in as disadvantageous a situation frame data wise. Somberness?
I'm just wondering where people get -7 from? Frame data always said ex tele was -6 on block.

LEGEND

YES!

i'll try to test this later

But B34 is hit confirmable, so linking it to Ex TU would only help you if they let go of block early. Still, i guess this would be pretty cool of it was neutral

NKZero

Noob
i'll try to test this later

But B34 is hit confirmable, so linking it to Ex TU would only help you if they let go of block early. Still, i guess this would be pretty cool of it was neutral
no man I'm talking about the overhead. U34 not U334 or B34.