What's new

Tech Sektor Tech Discussion Thread

NKZero

Noob
oh fuck, lol

this would be good
even if you do U34-EX TU in open space same quick ass recovery which is nice. You could potentially burn a bar of meter to get in on a Freddy or Kenshi and be right in their face and if it's neutral that's awesome, you don't have to fear a throw/blockstring.

LEGEND

YES!
even if you do U34-EX TU in open space same quick ass recovery which is nice. You could potentially burn a bar of meter to get in on a Freddy or Kenshi and be right in their face and if it's neutral that's awesome, you don't have to fear a throw/blockstring.
Good God, i'm testing this ASAP

edit: So it seems that Ex TU has "random advantage" but instead of being pluss it only becomes less negative, most of the time it looked neutral and other times looked +1 or only slightly less minus than the regular -6. Still, im assuming that Ex TU's random ADV works the same as Cages F3 n the like so this wouldnt make it less minus vs actual moves

Doing a Ex TU while airborn Seemed to increase the chance of it happenning though

this Needs Human testing

NKZero

Noob
Good God, i'm testing this ASAP

edit: So it seems that Ex TU has "random advantage" but instead of being pluss it only becomes less negative, most of the time it looked neutral and other times looked +1 or only slightly less minus than the regular -6. Still, im assuming that Ex TU's random ADV works the same as Cages F3 n the like so this wouldnt make it less minus vs actual moves

Doing a Ex TU while airborn Seemed to increase the chance of it happenning though

this Needs Human testing
U34-EX TU is consistent in it's frame data....but you could be right about aerial one yes. This one however I'm 100% it's consistent. If only we could get official frame data for this.

Somberness

Lights
Guys I could be wrong or this may have been already mentioned but if you link U34-EX TU on block then Sektor recovers quicker than usual so I doubt he's at -7...in fact he could be neutral which makes a difference but I have no way of figuring out the frame data.

Could you guys double check to make sure my eyes aren't deceiving me. I tried linking EX TU off other strings but it had the same disadvantage on block as you would if you did a naked EX TU.

So not only can you make the overhead launcher safe by linking in EX TU, but you might also not be in as disadvantageous a situation frame data wise. Somberness?
It's always -6.
I mistakenly had it as -7 for a while.

NKZero

Noob
It's always -6.
I mistakenly had it as -7 for a while.
That's ok but I wasn't talking about that. I think that U34-EX TU on block gives different (yet consistent) frame data. I think it's safer than -6. Would you be able to check that by any chance?

Somberness

Lights
That's ok but I wasn't talking about that. I think that U34-EX TU on block gives different (yet consistent) frame data. I think it's safer than -6. Would you be able to check that by any chance?
I did check all situations and it was the same.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
i'll try to test this later

But B34 is hit confirmable, so linking it to Ex TU would only help you if they let go of block early. Still, i guess this would be pretty cool of it was neutral
The 4 in that string isn't really hitconfirmable.. At least not for me...

LEGEND

YES!
The 4 in that string isn't really hitconfirmable.. At least not for me...
Nor me

\/ And did nobody else see this post? \/

So uhhh, a Delayed D4-UM ender tracks tech rolls. . .

like 12B1, F43-TU, B34-Ex TU, (Wait till last possible moment) D4-UM = 40% and can NOT be evaded by tech rolling. It can only be evaded by tech rolling back then Dashing backwards after getting up, which also gives Sektor enough time to throw out another UM

May need more testing but its looking good atm

ryublaze

Noob
Yeah I tried delaying stuff like 12 UM or 21 UM to track tech rolls but it made me more punishable to wake-up attacks. I haven't tried d4 UM though.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Nor me

\/ And did nobody else see this post? \/
So B3 4 EX tele is best used when you think the 4 is going to hit.

And yes... I saw it.. It's good and worth it for the meter when you want to get pressure in. It's almost like a homing missile. In some ways even better.

1 2 B1, NJP, F4 4, Teleport, B3 4, EX Teleport, D4, Up Missile. Does 1% more...

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Why is sektor such a beast character yet so fair? Amazing character design for a game with either brokenness or just fail.

Im really digging this thread guys, keep it up! I need to level up

ryublaze

Noob
Can the opponent interrupt Sektor out of his teleport if he does this on block? B3,4(whiff), EX Tele

Also should Sektor players be going for B3,4 more instead of naked B3? A lot of times I see my opponents get hit by B3 and all I get is advantage for pressure but everytime B3 hits I keep thinking "that could've been a full combo...". If you can hit confirm b3,4 into teleport then the reward outweighs the risk IMO.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Can the opponent interrupt Sektor out of his teleport if he does this on block? B3,4(whiff), EX Tele

Also should Sektor players be going for B3,4 more instead of naked B3? A lot of times I see my opponents get hit by B3 and all I get is advantage for pressure but everytime B3 hits I keep thinking "that could've been a full combo...". If you can hit confirm b3,4 into teleport then the reward outweighs the risk IMO.
On Block Kancel Advantage is +28 for teleport. A teleport is 29 Frames.. EX teleport is 31 Frames...

So they have 1 frame for regular and 2 frames for EX but you appear on the other side and they have to turn around so I doubt it.

Just don't wiff the 4...

ryublaze

Noob
On Block Kancel Advantage is +28 for teleport. A teleport is 29 Frames.. EX teleport is 31 Frames...

So they have 1 frame for regular and 2 frames for EX but you appear on the other side and they have to turn around so I doubt it.

Just don't wiff the 4...
Hm yeah but if the 4 whiffs then I'm assuming they can interrupt you. The cool thing about b3,4 on block is that you stay in the range where you can do another b3,4 on block and repeat until they guess wrong (get hit by ex tele).

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Hm yeah but if the 4 whiffs then I'm assuming they can interrupt you. The cool thing about b3,4 on block is that you stay in the range where you can do another b3,4 on block and repeat until they guess wrong (get hit by ex tele).
Against most characters and the right spacing..

Stupid Cage....

LEGEND

YES!
my problem with full B34 is if B3 gets blocked they can just duck the 4 and combo you. But i do pull the trigger with it if i think my opp will try an move real quick, Since you cant move and block at the same time

Like if i've been bullying them with B21, D4s and S1 jab Feints i assume that they will react when given an intentional breather

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
my problem with full B34 is if B3 gets blocked they can just duck the 4 and combo you. But i do pull the trigger with it if i think my opp will try an move real quick, Since you cant move and block at the same time

Like if i've been bullying them with B21, D4s and S1 jab Feints i assume that they will react when given an intentional breather
You kan space B3 4 so that the 4 doesn't wiff though..

I definitely like it better than B2 1.

LEGEND

YES!
And i've been thinking about combo enders lately, like if there really is a stadard Go-To ender. Or at least one that should be used 100% in certain MUs

Specifically B21 with a Straight Missile follow-up. It ties for most Damage, builds meter And has somewhat of a set-up to it. Only thing is i dont know how safe the Missile is

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
And i've been thinking about combo enders lately, like if there really is a stadard Go-To ender. Or at least one that should be used 100% in certain MUs

Specifically B21 with a Straight Missile follow-up. It ties for most Damage, builds meter And has somewhat of a set-up to it. Only thing is i dont know how safe the Missile is
The missile is safe. You have +27 to +30 advantage before they kan wake up and it might even be more since they were still airborne as you started recovering. Just don't take too long. Their move still has to reach you as well.

Straight Missile and Up Missile Durations are 52 and 53 respectively so they're nearly identical.

LEGEND

YES!
You kan space B3 4 so that the 4 doesn't wiff though..

I definitely like it better than B2 1.
They are used for different things imo, i like B21 more for pressure and Ofensive footsie mind games since pretty much every option is available to you after the pushback

B3 for me is more of a counter to pokes and a checking tool. And happens to grant more pressure if it hits

LEGEND

YES!
The missile is safe. You have +27 to +30 advantage before they kan wake up and it might even be more since they were still airborne as you started recovering. Just don't take too long. Their move still has to reach you as well.

Straight Missile and Up Missile Durations are 52 and 53 respectively so they're nearly identical.
based on those numbers then some wake-ups could cause you trouble no?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
They are used for different things imo, i like B21 more for pressure and Ofensive footsie mind games since pretty much every option is available to you after the pushback

B3 for me is more of a counter to pokes and a checking tool. And happens to grant more pressure if it hits
I use B3 and B3 4 as my go to pressure tool. You're at neutral as opposed to -4 with less risk from kross ups since the 4 makes you airborne.

B2 1 is hardly ever put into my game. I would use B2 more if I got better at hit konfirming it into teleport AND block konfirming it into 1. Other wise it isn't really worth the risks to me.