What's new

Match-up Discussion Sektor Matchup Discussion Thread

Robotic

Gentleman.
Konqrr put up the original matchup list on page 1 that was compiled by other players, including himself. The "Mother Thread" is the Official Matchup Chart, detailing (or doing it's best to) all of the matchups. Since it was incomplete, Konqrr did everyone the service of opening up matchup discussions in each character's forum. The Sek v Cage matchup is a consequence of that migration; all matchups in white are unaltered from the original matchup chart. All orange matchups are changes.

That being said, I've left that matchup alone for 2 reasons: 1. I have been interested in speaking of other matchups for the time being, hoping others will come in and discuss them as well and 2. I don't have too much experience dealing with high level JCs. I've played Cages before, but they've been intermediate. With my limited experience here, I would say the match is even, but I would love if other, more qualified people in this matchup discuss it first. Hope this helps.

NariTuba

disMember
Konqrr put up the original matchup list on page 1 that was compiled by other players, including himself. The "Mother Thread" is the Official Matchup Chart, detailing (or doing it's best to) all of the matchups. Since it was incomplete, Konqrr did everyone the service of opening up matchup discussions in each character's forum. The Sek v Cage matchup is a consequence of that migration; all matchups in white are unaltered from the original matchup chart. All orange matchups are changes.
My bad there I misread the OP by Konqrr in the Cage forum. It IS listed originally as a 6-4 Sektor.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
ill describe how my personal matchups go with the main key characters sektor players bump into often and if anyone wants my opinion on other characters ill let you know!

Sektor vs Raiden: 4/6 it could be lower if the sektor doesnt know how to fully use him, raiden can shun pretty much every move sektor has, if the raiden teleports correctly flamethrowers and rockets won't work on him. therefore if the sektor player only knows how to zone he's in trouble. sektors best bet is to try and use some up close frame/rocket traps to bait a teleport. even then sektor cant do anything about the teleport as he cant jab on reaction if the raiden player down 4's him, that said if the raiden player jumps or goes for a string sektor can easily uppercut it. if a raiden is desperately trying to teleport everything up close this is where the frame traps come in to play as he wont be able to and you will probably get a nice damaging combo to punish him for it.

Sektor vs Kung lao: 4/6 i use to think kung lao was a horrendous matchup for sektor untill i fully learned the matchup (apart from that teleporting tactic sim was doing at svb haha) for the most part sektor can punish pretty much all of kung laos attacks, if he spins off the bat a 1,2,<1 will punish giving you a 47% or if he does a few jabs THEN spin his 2,1 will punish giving you a slightly less but still decent punish combo. you can beat all of kung laos teleport options with an uppercut apart from the regular kick that can be comboed into, with that you need to wait for the kick to come out THEN uppercut. or if you want to play it safe you can just safe duck or down 1. his dive kick and teleport is easy to bait mainly because kung lao will usually try to do those to beat your projectiles which brings me to why i think it's a bad matchup. He's almost impossible to zone which is sektors primary function so when you take that out of the equation you're left with your own bag of tricks such as frame traps, upward rockets or leg lift fainting. once kung lao is in sektors face it's extremely difficult to get him away unless you do a wakeup ex teleport which is safe on block, this is a get out of the corner free card almost because even if they block you can still jump back giving you another whole area of screen to work with. however being able to be hit out of the teleport on startup hurts him especially against kung lao or cage.

Sektor vs Jonny Cage: 5/5 i would put lower against sektor if i was going to judge this by how matches between me and foxygrampa go because he's played my sektor for so long now he knows how to deal with him like the back of his hand but this is for the mostpart. when the second the round starts its good for sektor as he can poke at him or zone him comfortabley, but the second sektor is near or in the corner the match is entirely in cage's favour. sektors options are limited and a good cage player can easily keep sektor in the corner. if a cage is greedy and wants to attack you on wakeup you CAN wakeup ex teleport giving you a decent 41% corner combo which ends in rocket pressure (i will be doing an in depth video tutorial to show all of this) but for the most part a good cage is relentless in pressure so having full screen coverage is a luxury that is rarely given. In short its just as hard to cage to get in as it is for me to keep cage away so thats why i think the matchup is even.

Sektor vs Sub zero: 7/3 i have faced many many decent sub zeros since release and pretty much all of them have ended up as a comfortable win on my part, This isn't because the sub zero player is trash it's because sektor can hurt sub zero from a distance but sub zero can't, if you have the life lead sub zero must come to you to do damage and even if a sub zero goes for the ice ball trade from distance i can see this coming and teleport on reaction due to how slow the iceball is. if a sub zero knows how to do the ice claw cancel tactic once im frozen it can greatly benefit him because he can then play more aggresive which could perhaps turn the matchup into a 6/4 due to sektor not having much wakeup options but even then the ex wakeup teleport is lethal against sub zero because his normals are quite slow compared to other characters. if a sub zero is slide happy then its just an easy win for me, especially if you trap them with rockets up close. you can block the slide and then go in when the rocket connects.

Sektor vs Cyrax: 5/5 mustard has already explained this above

Sektor vs liu kang: 6/4 pretty much all of liu kangs strings once blocked can be shunned with a down 1 so the kang cant do anything else which will always give you a free jump in or jump back, you can zone him extremely easy because even if you trade from distance he gets knocked down which can let you rocket him before he fireballs you, needless to say ex or not liu kangs charge attacks can be easily baited and blocked. his kick can be punished with a full 1,2,<1 and his bicycle kick can be punished with a <3,4. if the kang is greedy wakeup teleport wins again and especially if the kang has you in the corner, even if he blocks your ex teleport you can get away from him anyway it doesnt even matter if he knows you're going to do it. if you have HIM in the corner he has no good wakeups that will stop you from doing rocket pressure, you can block pretty much whatever he throws at you. that said i think it's 6/4 because sektor MUST be on point with his blocking otherwise the kang will run rings round him seeing as his basic combo takes you into the corner pretty much every time.

if you want to know about any other matchups ill be glad to give my thoughts :D

i'll also be doing a written guide soon and a very in depth video tutorial, stay tuned!

PND_Ketchup

don't mention it mate, i should probably write about reptile real qucik seeing as there was some disagreement here.

Sektor vs Reptile: 6/4 force balls are a big part of reptiles gamestyle and due to how slow they are you can teleport them on reaction from jump/full distance. not to mention reptiles dash can be punished with a full 1,2,<1 combo and i believe his slide can also be punished (ill have to jump into training and find out, i swear ive done it before) seeing as baiting moves and reading your opponent is key to playing sektor correctly moves like the wakeup dash can be easily read, not to mention you can zone reptile comfortably and again if he thinks you're going to do nothing but that you can bait a dash or something simaler. reptile can put some decent pressure on but again if you're on point with your blocking you should be fine against him. i put 6/4 because reptile can frustrate you if he gets a couple of good strings up close, which could perhaps force you make some questionable decisions to escape it.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
As a Reptile player, I'll give my input on the Sektor-Reptile matchup.
There's no doubt Sektor has a lot of tools which keep Reptile out. Once Reptile respects the flamethrower, he can't carelessly elbow dash in unless he sets up forceball pressure, and missiles will get him from range too. Forceball pressure doesn't come easy in this match either unless reptile can land some hits earlier on, but once he does get the ball rolling its hard for Sektor to get him where he wants him again. I think Reptile has to use a fair bit more meter in this match for EX forceballs (fast for trades, slow for oki) than against most other opponents, but the payoff is worth it. Same goes for Sektor, from my experience, homing missiles mess me up a lot as Reptile. In summary, Sektor has to keep Reptile at a distance for as long as possible, building meter for when he does get in, and Reptile must exploit gaps in Sektor's zoning to get the ball rolling

Overall I reckon it's 5-5.

On another note, I'd love to get some games with more sektor players, there seems to be a lack of them.

Robotic

Gentleman.
don't mention it mate, i should probably write about reptile real qucik seeing as there was some disagreement here.

Sektor vs Reptile: 6/4 force balls are a big part of reptiles gamestyle and due to how slow they are you can teleport them on reaction from jump/full distance. not to mention reptiles dash can be punished with a full 1,2,<1 combo and i believe his slide can also be punished (ill have to jump into training and find out, i swear ive done it before) seeing as baiting moves and reading your opponent is key to playing sektor correctly moves like the wakeup dash can be easily read, not to mention you can zone reptile comfortably and again if he thinks you're going to do nothing but that you can bait a dash or something simaler. reptile can put some decent pressure on but again if you're on point with your blocking you should be fine against him. i put 6/4 because reptile can frustrate you if he gets a couple of good strings up close, which could perhaps force you make some questionable decisions to escape it.
I agree wholeheartedly on this one. I put it at 5-5 because I don't use reptile and I imagine he must have some tools and shenanigens I'm unaware of. not to mention, at a high level, Reptile is downright CRAZY. I don't agree with it being 6-4 in Reptile's favor, that's for sure.

PND_Ketchup

As a Reptile player, I'll give my input on the Sektor-Reptile matchup.
There's no doubt Sektor has a lot of tools which keep Reptile out. Once Reptile respects the flamethrower, he can't carelessly elbow dash in unless he sets up forceball pressure, and missiles will get him from range too. Forceball pressure doesn't come easy in this match either unless reptile can land some hits earlier on, but once he does get the ball rolling its hard for Sektor to get him where he wants him again. I think Reptile has to use a fair bit more meter in this match for EX forceballs (fast for trades, slow for oki) than against most other opponents, but the payoff is worth it. Same goes for Sektor, from my experience, homing missiles mess me up a lot as Reptile. In summary, Sektor has to keep Reptile at a distance for as long as possible, building meter for when he does get in, and Reptile must exploit gaps in Sektor's zoning to get the ball rolling

Overall I reckon it's 5-5.
i can certainly respect that input, i just say it as 6/4 because if believe if done correctly it can be extremely hard for reptile to actually get the ball rolling, id say 5/5 too if it was split down the middle that way but i think it's definately easier for sektor to keep reptile away than it is for reptile to get in.

Robotic

Gentleman.
i can certainly respect that input, i just say it as 6/4 because if believe if done correctly it can be extremely hard for reptile to actually get the ball rolling, id say 5/5 too if it was split down the middle that way but i think it's definately easier for sektor to keep reptile away than it is for reptile to get in.
Conversely, I say the same thing in regards to the Cyrax matchup, which is why I have that at 6-4 Sektor.

Sektor vs liu kang: 6/4 pretty much all of liu kangs strings once blocked can be shunned with a down 1 so the kang cant do anything else which will always give you a free jump in or jump back
Any character can down 1 out of the block strings. If I read that you're going to down 1 I can cross over jump punch instead of another block string. Granted you could read cross over and do a neutral jump punch, but my point is that the only factor I need to consider is down 1, I don't need to worry about getting hit with a spin or an EX cartwheel or something and losing a third of my health. The risk reward is wildly in my favor; if I guess that you're going to continue blocking or that you're going to NJP, and I'm wrong, all that happens is I get hit with down 1 and lose like 2% of my health or something. If I guess right I can do a full combo.

you can zone him extremely easy because even if you trade from distance he gets knocked down which can let you rocket him before he fireballs you
No argument.

needless to say ex or not liu kangs charge attacks can be easily baited and blocked. his kick can be punished with a full 1,2,<1 and his bicycle kick can be punished with a <3,4.
The kick specials are pretty situational. It's rare you'll ever use one unenhanced and in this particular matchup I don't see any reason at all to use an unenhanced flying kick or bicycle kick. I may use EX flying kick to get past a missile, but I can do that on reaction so baiting it is not trivial.

if the kang is greedy wakeup teleport wins again and especially if the kang has you in the corner, even if he blocks your ex teleport you can get away from him anyway it doesnt even matter if he knows you're going to do it.
I don't buy that EX teleport is a good wake up option. I've seen it get stuffed plenty of times.

if you have HIM in the corner he has no good wakeups that will stop you from doing rocket pressure, you can block pretty much whatever he throws at you.
No argument.

that said i think it's 6/4 because sektor MUST be on point with his blocking otherwise the kang will run rings round him seeing as his basic combo takes you into the corner pretty much every time.
I still think it's 5/5. Sektor doesn't have any good options to escape pressure in this matchup.

PND_Ketchup

Any character can down 1 out of the block strings. If I read that you're going to down 1 I can cross over jump punch instead of another block string. Granted you could read cross over and do a neutral jump punch, but my point is that the only factor I need to consider is down 1, I don't need to worry about getting hit with a spin or an EX cartwheel or something and losing a third of my health. The risk reward is wildly in my favor; if I guess that you're going to continue blocking or that you're going to NJP, and I'm wrong, all that happens is I get hit with down 1 and lose like 2% of my health or something. If I guess right I can do a full combo.

No argument.

The kick specials are pretty situational. It's rare you'll ever use one unenhanced and in this particular matchup I don't see any reason at all to use an unenhanced flying kick or bicycle kick. I may use EX flying kick to get past a missile, but I can do that on reaction so baiting it is not trivial.

I don't buy that EX teleport is a good wake up option. I've seen it get stuffed plenty of times.

No argument.

I still think it's 5/5. Sektor doesn't have any good options to escape pressure in this matchup.
this is why i think matchups are hard things to discuss, everyone plays characters differently, ive next to never had a liu kang player kick on reaction due to the startup time of it, i meant down 1 not because of damage but because you're back to neutral frames giving you a chance to eithert escape or put a little but of pressure on them instead. even if the liu kang stuffs out the ex teleport you can stil just block and down 1 after the string ends, giving you the oppurtunity to escape again.

i respect your opinion but i'm sticking to my guns.

this is why i think matchups are hard things to discuss, everyone plays characters differently, ive next to never had a liu kang player kick on reaction due to the startup time of it, i meant down 1 not because of damage but because you're back to neutral frames giving you a chance to eithert escape or put a little but of pressure on them instead. even if the liu kang stuffs out the ex teleport you can stil just block and down 1 after the string ends, giving you the oppurtunity to escape again.

i respect your opinion but i'm sticking to my guns.
Yeah I understood your point about down 1, I'm just pointing out that there's answers to down 1 and that down 1 is the only thing I need to play around because Sektor has absolutely nothing else. He's easier to continue pressure on than most characters.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'd say Scorp matchup is 5-5. Scorp has to get in and an EN Teleport does just fine doing that since it is safe on block. It's possible to make his IATP safe by whiffing it at the right height like smoke can so that's another plus. Yes Sektor can react to anything except Flame Spear with IATU from full screen and he can zone Scorpion out for a majority of the match. Once Scorpion gets meter you kinda have to stop chucking missiles in general since EN Spear will just eat it via armor and you eat a combo now. Scorp and Sektor also have pretty much the same inside game with the exception that if Scorp hits you you're put into a reset and if Sektor hits you, full screen zoning.

6-4 Sindel matchup is definitely in Sektor's favor. She can't zone whatsoever because IATP will rape her. Her terrible wakeup game is highly abusable as well. Just crossover punch will beat scream and her weird front flip kick thing. If she wakes up low skull she whiffs and you whiff, but you can b3 4 combo her for it. Not to mention the most damage she does midscreen is at max 35% without X-Ray when we can pop out 40s from an anti air jumping kick.

And if worst comes to worst, Sindel's scream balls do 6%. Missiles do a lot more. Trades will easily be won by Sektor. And even then, he can just shoot up missiles out in between Sindel shots and force her to take damage or not shoot for a bit.
Low fireball will go under Sektors regular missile and it gives you enough time to block if they did an upmissile. The teleport uppercut means she cant do air fireballs which does hinder her. His flamethrower doesnt do much as Sindel would never want to get in close anyway. That being said I think Up close sektor owns Sindel so it is definitely 6-4 in Sektors favor.

Altaire

Noob
Every character can D1 out of block strings. Not every character can uppercut out of block strings for 12%, and Sektor's is fast enough to do just that. You were saying?

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
What are your guys thoughts on the Kabal matchup? I havn't played enough against good Kabal's so don't have much input. But you can't really outzone him since buzzsaw will still stay on screen after being hit, I think he can throw out enough ia fireball's and has quick enough recovery that ia TU won't be very effective either and ofc ex nomad dash will go through all missles. Ex nomad dash is also like ex TU on wakeup in the fact that I can't throw a missle after most knockdowns as he can do it on reaction and it makes me have to always respect his wakeup. It beats cross over attempts to so you can't try jumping over him either.

Its not exactly the easiest thing to bait out either cause they can do it on reaction to any missle's (so long as its not max range?) and any sort of pressure, you can't bait it out by just dashing in and blocking for example.

Not to mention Kabal is a lot better upclose. Any1 have any reasons this is a 5-5?

Robotic

Gentleman.
** UPDATE 8/20 ** Please see post 1 for the original matchups.

6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
5-5 vs Cyrax <-- I still believe this to be 6-4 Sektor, but Mustard and Ketchup both agree this is even, so it's changed back for now.
5-5 vs Ermac
xxx vs Freddy Krueger
6-4 vs Jade <-- adjusted with Krayzie Bone's input.
6-4 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage <-- adjusted with Ketchup's observations and my own experience in this matchup.
5-5 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
xxx vs Kenshi
5-5 vs Kitana <--adjusted by the folks in the Kitana matchup thread.
4-6 vs Kung Lao
6-4 vs Liu Kang <-- Adjusted from 4-6 all the way to adv Sektor with Ketchup's input on interrupting block strings and Altaire enlightening us with the uppercut.
5-5 vs Mileena
6-4 vs Nightwolf <--my own input.
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi <--my own input.
4-6 vs Raiden
xxx vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile <-- my own input combined with Ketchup's observations and discussions in the Reptile matchup thread.
5-5 vs Scorpion <-- Still don't know about this one.

5-5 vs Shang Tsung
7-3 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel <-- staying 5-5, highlighted because of DanCock's input and Konqrr disagreeing. Discuss anyone??
xxx vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
5-5 vs Sonya Blade <-- Adjusted with Morty's input and my own experience in this matchup.
5-5 vs Stryker <-- adjustment with Vulcan Hades' input.
6-4 vs Sub-Zero <-- I really hope we discuss the shit out of this one. I've already tried on the Sub-Zero thread with few takers. Ketchup believes this is 7-3, and he IS the "ranking officer" in here so far...I can't justify changing it so drastically until we run this particular discussion into the ground. My own experience tells me 6-4.

Changes for this go round are JC, Kang and SZ. I hope we see some good debates on these, as well as other ones that haven't been discussed. Like Spongebob said, maybe we can try to tackle Kabal next?

EDIT: The Sub Zero Matchup discussion regarding Sektor has picked up a little bit, thanks to all taking part over there. They all feel pretty adament this is still an even matchup. Any other Sektor players want to jump in and discuss the SZ match?

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
As a Reptile main I would agree with 5-5 possibly 5.5-4 in Sektor's favor.

From full screen Sektor has a lopsided advantage. Close up Reptile is stronger but it's getitng close which poses a huge problem for Reptile. It takes one missile to really dictate the entire match.

The thing with these Reptile matchups is that it almost boils down to if they can outzone him or not. While I do believe Reptile is among the top 5 in the game, he is very beatable and his horirble dash really gives him problems against characters who can zone effectively.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I literally have zero experience playing a good Stryker, so I thought I'd cut and paste this in here hoping some of you might have counterpoints or agree with the assessment below. This is Vulcan Hades' input after me asking why he changed his mind from an even matchup to 6-4 (or 5.5 - 4.5) in Stryker's favor. Taken with his permission from the Stryker matchup discussion thread:

Well I see it this way: they are both equal in every single department: Good zoning, good counters, good footsies, good air control, around the same damage output, resets that leave opponent standing, some mixups.

There's a few differences though that incite me to give a slight advantage to Stryker (although still very close to 5-5):

1. Stryker's counter zone tool is safe on block unlike Sektor's which can be punished by full combos.

2. Stryker is a little better at zoning than Sektor. (he can cancel his projectile to bait and punish teleport punch or missiles)

3. Stryker's wake up can snuff Sektor's offense while Sektor's wake up gets very easily stuffed. Even his enhanced teleport punch can be beaten by B3,2 or B2 or D4 which all lead to pretty nasty juggles.

4. Stryker's gun is much faster than missiles and can stuff Sektor's teleport punch with enough frame advantage. So in those situations when it comes down to the wire, Stryker will often come out on top.

5. Stryker also out-meters Sektor because unlike Sektor, Stryker can keep his meter for breakers and doesn't need to use enhanced specials. While Sektor pretty much relies on his meter for wake up and increased combo potential.

One of the only advantages I can think of that Sektor has is that flame thrower beats roll toss. But that hardly changes anything because Sektor won't be doing that on reaction very often. He has to guess at mid-range. Well I guess they both have to guess.

That's why I've considered making it 6-4 advantage Stryker but it's probably more like 5.5-4.5. I'd like to hear why you think Sektor has the advantage though.

So, anyone want to jump in?

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
I can't really see how those points put stryker on top of sektor. I mean it just feels like a few things Stryker does slightly better than sektor and wouldn't really determine a match. I have next to no stryker experience so sorry if this just sounds like babble but:

Upclose I can't see any advantages stryker has over sektor. Sektor has a safe jab launcher that does 45% with one bar of meter and can keep stryker standing so he won't have to deal with strykers wakeup much and I don't really see roll being that scary either. I'm not too familiar with Stryker but I don't think his juggles are very damaging and I doubt any of his launchers are close to as good as sektors or at least they don't lead into anything nearly as substanital as sektors combos.

1) iaTU isn't something you throw out that gets blocked.

2) Has the gun cancelling to bait sektor's tp been put into practice? Correct me if i'm wrong but after a gun cancel you can't block straight away after the dash so I don't see why iaTU wouldn't beat out any sort of cancel mindgame straight away. Even if sektor gets caught by the gunshot thats only 6% and then stryker can't throw any projectile on his wakeup if he has meter because ex TU combo's = over 30% for sektor and he can keep you standing whilst stryker gets like 15% on his enhanced roll?

3) I'm guessin strykers main wakeup is roll/ex roll right? All this can do is snuff sektor if he throws a missle on your wakeup or just blindly starts a string on top of you in which case and wakeup would stuff that. I don't see how sektor can't just dash in, have roll blocked then be upclose against stryker where he has a much bigger advantage then the slight zoning advantage stryker gets. The b3 2 etc stuffing ex tu isn't because those moves are special or anything. All wakeup attacks sometimes have frames where they can be interrupted especially the ones with a longer than 8 frame start up. Again this should be put in practice try to consistenly stuff ex TU one of the best wake up attacks in the game and you'll be eating a combo.

4) You wouldn't TU if you were at disadvantage.

5) Yes but without meter sektor still does around the same or maybe even more than stryker in there most practical combos and sektor does this off a jab string whilst stryker does it off b1 (something something) which is significantly slower. I'd say how sektor's combos are much more reliable and easier to get optimum dmg but if they're played at their highest level then it shouldn't apply.

Sektor's ability to add more than 10% to a combo with ex TU is purely an advantage over stryker. The only place this is a disadvantage is ex TU on wakeup but I don't see what amazing pressure stryker can apply that he'll have to constantly use this.

Sektor as a character overall just seems so so so much better than stryker. The only points that were listed were just minor advantages stryker has over sektor at range, sektor still destroys stryker upclose, outdamages him and its not really hard for him to get in either with his incredibly fast dash and all.

Again I have zero stryker experience so if anything I said sounds far fetched then feel free to discredit it but really I can't see how stryker has any real advantage over sektor to put the matchup in his favor.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'll vouch for sektor vs stryker being 5.5-4.5 in strykers favor

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
The matchup against sheeva should be 8-2. Sektor absolutely cripples sheevas best tool(tele stomp) with up missiles, and we all know sheeva ain't known for her resourcefulness.

Robotic

Gentleman.
The matchup against sheeva should be 8-2. Sektor absolutely cripples sheevas best tool(tele stomp) with up missiles, and we all know sheeva ain't known for her resourcefulness.
I don't wanna say this, because balance is a corner stone to a good game, but I think you may be right. In fact, Equal skill Sektor vs Sheeva, what REAL chance does Sheeva have against a full screen Sektor launching insurance upmissiles all day, mixing up every once in a while with straight missile, keeping an eye on a dash blocking Sheeva and B1ing back to her corner?

I had a pretty good Sheeva quit after round 1 of our second match because it was hopeless. I don't say ragequit, because he was very respectful in his words on the chat. Without prompting, he stated ggs and the match was futile due to the inability to close distance. He "calm-quitted" the match because there was nothing else he could do.

If CSZ v Quan Chi isn't the worst matchup in the whole game, I nominate Sektor v Sheeva to be the worst.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Alright, I got my ass handed to me by a good baraka player who frequents TYM ( I forgot ur name, sorry). I am unfamiliar with this matchup, but in hindsight, I thought about something and thought the Sektor players might want to weigh in.

Would it be smart to play Baraka as if he was Reptile? I say this because the speed of his blade charge combined with the move advancing forward reminds me of Reptile's elbow dash. It seems like I don't really want to throw out torches in this match unless it is specifically for anti air purposes. I want him on the other side of the screen. I've already detailed the Reptile matchup in this thread and others so I won't go into it here, but how do you guys feel about this matchup? Should I play against Baraka this way?