What's new

Match-up Discussion Sektor Matchup Discussion Thread

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I realize that there might be a matchup thread already in this forum, but the point of this thread is to discuss matchups to make the Matchup Chart as accurate as possible.

The Matchup Chart thread:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3075-Mortal-Kombat-(2011)-Matchup-Chart

When you discuss or list what you think the matchups are, please do so in alphabetical order. Also, they should be listed in either whole numbers or .5 notations.

The current Matchup Chart for Sektor is as follows:
6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
5-5 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
xxx vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
6-4 vs Jax
6-4 vs Johnny Cage
5-5 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
xxx vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
xxx vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
7-3 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel
xxx vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
6-4 vs Sonya Blade
4-6 vs Stryker
5-5 vs Sub-Zero

Agree? Disagree? DISCUSS!

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
what makes sektor vs mileena 5-5 and not 4-6 in mileena's favor? just wondering

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
NOTE: I did not come up with these numbers, they came from Sektor players posting in the thread linked above.

Discuss why you think otherwise, that is what this thread is for!

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Going on many sektor players opinions sektor vs kenshi should be around 6-4 in sektor's favour. Setkor can outzone kenshi as his upmissle avoids tkf and he also wins in trades. Sektor can keep kenshi out fairly effectively and can still go toe to with him upclose.

I think he might also be 6-4 against sub. Once you have lifelead you can just start playing runaway and start zoning sub who doesn't even have any armored ex moves to get in forcing him to dashblock and jump straight into flame. As long as your smart you won't trade with iceball and often sub can't even get to you in time because of missle's knockdown. Slide also gets hit by straight missle iirc so maybe if sub gets the armor on his ex slide then this matchup may change.

Not sure about sektor vs skarlet never played a good one. All I know is sektor obviously has no troubles getting in against her like sub lol so I'd say its probably 5-5 or maybe something else depending on how well missle's trade with her? Her teleports pretty fast though (maybe to punish missles on reaction?) and she's good upclose so it may possibly be 6-4 to her but like I said never played a good one.

JkOC

Noob
I agree with spongebob about Kenshi and sub, I have trouble with skarlet, but I have trouble with her in general, lol. I disagree with stryker being 4-6, I think its 6-4. From the Strykers I've played he does nothing that scares me, and his damage is an issue for him. Also Scorpion being 5-5. I think it's 6-4 Sektor has the right tools to really beat on and deal with Scorpion, esp since Scorpion is so high risk, Sektor can really make him pay. Also I'd like to see someone with more experience fighting Sindel talk about that one. I have had success against her in a limited amount of fights. Just my opinion, I'm not a tourny level player by any means, can't wait to see what the higher level Sektor players think.

mozarus

Noob
My previously post form Matchup Chart
Sector vs Scorpion is 7-3 for Sector.
Ok form basic.
I fell like Sector :fp:bp ... is better that Scorpion :fp:fp...
Better overall normal, better uppercut. Sector maybe have weak wakeup game, but scorpion is horrible give Sector nice mixup.
Sektor player love Scorpion mixup, even more mixup in to safe jump. OK Sector easy punish for 41/48%, scorpion do ~30% with out hellfire (uses meter on break).
Hellfire is to risky vs. Sector 41% from TP hurt to much. Ufff a love missed Spear, even better :en for +50% combo.
Sektor missile DESTROY Scorpion ... hellfire, spear, even :en Spear don`t work well, and Teleport is much to slow to punish missile.
Sektor even dominate air battle, jk to TP :) are better that scorpion air option.
Ah there is also quite good Sector Flamethrower and shitty Scorpion Takedawn.
One thing on this 7-3 is in long run, if you play against opponent first time (first 10-20 games) you may think that is 6-4, but if play a lot you have great benefit form knowing you opponent.
One is sure Sector is on great advantage in this match-up. Sure is NOT 5-5 its 6-4 or 7-3 depending on your skill to read opponent.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I already posted this in the matchup thread, but I believe he beats NW. I've yet to have issues with a NW player. I play a VERY specific style against a NW player though. Keep distance and look at NW the whole time. Mix back and front dashes with diagonal jumps. If you see a lightning come out, IATU. See an arrow come out, same. Arrow is much tougher to react to so that can even out. True his reflect is scary ON PAPER, but front upmissile will make NW reflect and you can punish that all day. Once NW is looking for the bait, regular upmissile for chip. If he wants to spam shoulder, Torch keeps him away, just watch for EX shoulder on wake up. Play your cards right and NW will end up using his meter for breaker anyway. I say 6-4 Sektor against NW.

Vs. Quan Chi: If Sheeva is 7-3 Sek, Than 6-4 Quan Chi needs to seriously be considered. Upmissile hits Quan Chi outta the air, So Quan would be conditioned to go front or back only, if he's going to Sky Drop at all. Skull doesn't knock down, missile does. Mix straight missile with upmissile, watch out for naked trance, what can Quan Chi do? (Except Admiral's Quan Chi, unpredictable bastard :D)

Vs. Stryker: I have no experience on this matchup, but that shit sounds wrong. I would love to play a good Stryker and compare notes.

Oh and Vs. Freddy? 10-0 Sektor. Robots don't need sleep.

ryublaze

Noob
For Raiden, Sektor might have the slight advantage. Since Raiden's teleport is so fast, Up Missile will land where he teleported unlike other teleports (but it kind of depends on the Raiden player's reaction time.) Sektor's 1, 2, B+1 string is fast enough to hit Raiden after he teleports (also depends on reaction time of the Sektor player). Blocking the Superman move will give Sektor a full combo with F4, 4. Also Sektor's able to completely avoid Raiden's EX thunder projectile with a teleport combo (EX teleport will keep him in the air above the thunder projectiles).

EDIT: Completely ignored. Okay.

Robotic

Gentleman.

6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
6-4 vs Cyrax **
5-5 vs Ermac
xxx vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
6-4 vs Jax
6-4 vs Johnny Cage
5-5 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
xxx vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
6-4 vs Nightwolf **
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi **
4-6 vs Raiden
xxx vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile **
5-5 vs Scorpion ??
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
7-3 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel
xxx vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
6-4 vs Sonya Blade
4-6 vs Stryker ??
5-5 vs Sub-Zero
My changes are in asterisks.

Vs. Cyrax: The normal Cyrax game goes out the window against Sektor. Bombs and nets can't be thrown out willy-nilly. If we're talking full screen, Net gets punished by IATU for full combo. Bombs get punished by IATU for full combo. Net cannot trade with missiles as the missile knock down will buy Sektor enough time to wiggle out. Cyrax teleport is too risky: Sektor can b34 for full combo if done quickly, and there's no reason for it NOT to be done quickly since teleport is telegraphed hardcore. Uppercut punishes as well. If Cyrax wises up and teleports into crouch, Sek can dash back torch, crossover punch...teleport is just too risky in this matchup and Cyrax should stop doing it entirely if he wants to win. That leaves him on the other side of the screen where he will have trouble getting in. Sektor has too many tools to combat his robot homie and not vice-versa. He's playing Sektor's game all day. 6-4 Sektor.

Vs. Reptile: No, no, no. I don't think reptile has the advantage here. In fact, one could argue that it's Sektor with the slight upper hand in this matchup. I'll try to cross reference and hope I don't lose anybody here: SSF4 Dhalsim vs. Balrog. All Balrog wants to do is get in that ass. Dhalsim wants to stay the hell away from him. Dhalsim launches projectiles and long limbs to keep away, Balrog tries to pick his spots. Balrog's ace in the hole is his ex charges as they go through projectiles, so Dhalsim must change his game once meter is built for Balrog. Dhalsim's Ace in the hole is his Yoga flame. He can basically use this as a force field to prevent Balrog from coming in EVEN THOUGH he can go through projectiles. Balrog cannot go through the Yoga flame as it has armor breaker properties.

The point: Play your cards right and Reptile will have a hell of a time getting in. Sektor can throw out flame thrower from 3/4 screen and repeat. Elbow dash is too dangerous from this area. It Reptile is inching close, jump in, close distance immediately and apply mixups. Don't forget to block and you will find yourself at advantage when elbow dash is blocked. You can punish for full combo. If Reptile is full screen, rain down the missiles. If Reptile reaches X-ray, STOP THROWING MISSILES. If Reptile gets impatient (something you should watch for) and wants to force ball, IATU. Acid spit and missile nullify each other. The X-factor to me is Invisibility. It boggles my mind that more Reptiles don't use this. I rely heavily on knowing the microscopic distances between fighters to apply pressure or block to prevent being punished. Invisibility takes away a facet of my game.

Conversely, the Reptile discussion thread should probably have his advantages in this matchup. He is a BEAST, after all. Take both viewpoints, it comes out to a slight advantage for Sektor, but I'll say this match is even for now. Sektor Vs. Reptile = 5-5.

Question marks: Scorpion being 5-5. I've yet to play a really good Scorpion, so this could be right for all I know, but it feels wrong. Same goes for the Stryker matchup.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Bump.

It's be nice to have some discussion in here; I can't be the only one playing Sektor with an opinion.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Big Thanks to Konqrr and everyone in the Kitana matchup thread for their in depth discussions. Based on what they are discussing, combined with my own experience in the matchup, My List looks like this:

6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
6-4 vs Cyrax **
5-5 vs Ermac
xxx vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
6-4 vs Jax
6-4 vs Johnny Cage
5-5 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
xxx vs Kenshi
5-5 vs Kitana **
4-6 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena
6-4 vs Nightwolf **
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi **
4-6 vs Raiden
xxx vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile **
5-5 vs Scorpion ??
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
7-3 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel
xxx vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
6-4 vs Sonya Blade
4-6 vs Stryker ??
5-5 vs Sub-Zero

My changes are in asterisks. Reasons have already been posted, except for the Kitana matchup, which OSU 16-bit and others have already chimed in on in the Kitana matchup thread.

I'd say Scorp matchup is 5-5. Scorp has to get in and an EN Teleport does just fine doing that since it is safe on block. It's possible to make his IATP safe by whiffing it at the right height like smoke can so that's another plus. Yes Sektor can react to anything except Flame Spear with IATU from full screen and he can zone Scorpion out for a majority of the match. Once Scorpion gets meter you kinda have to stop chucking missiles in general since EN Spear will just eat it via armor and you eat a combo now. Scorp and Sektor also have pretty much the same inside game with the exception that if Scorp hits you you're put into a reset and if Sektor hits you, full screen zoning.

6-4 Sindel matchup is definitely in Sektor's favor. She can't zone whatsoever because IATP will rape her. Her terrible wakeup game is highly abusable as well. Just crossover punch will beat scream and her weird front flip kick thing. If she wakes up low skull she whiffs and you whiff, but you can b3 4 combo her for it. Not to mention the most damage she does midscreen is at max 35% without X-Ray when we can pop out 40s from an anti air jumping kick.

And if worst comes to worst, Sindel's scream balls do 6%. Missiles do a lot more. Trades will easily be won by Sektor. And even then, he can just shoot up missiles out in between Sindel shots and force her to take damage or not shoot for a bit.

No offense but I can take the data seriously because more or less the match up chart indicates that against any given character Sektor has a 50/50 chance. I believe Sektor is a very underrated character- he's not quite a zone and not quite a rushdown but bounces between both. I would go as far to say he's upper tier as he can punish zoners and teleporters (Kung Lao & Raiden). Changes to....

8-2 vs. Baraka
4-6 vs. Johny
5-5 vs. Liu Kang
3-7 vs. Mileena
6-4 vs Raiden
6-4 vs. Shang Tsung
7-3 vs. Sindel
7-3 vs. SubZero

Robotic

Gentleman.
No offense but I can take the data seriously because more or less the match up chart indicates that against any given character Sektor has a 50/50 chance. I believe Sektor is a very underrated character- he's not quite a zone and not quite a rushdown but bounces between both. I would go as far to say he's upper tier as he can punish zoners and teleporters (Kung Lao & Raiden). Changes to....

8-2 vs. Baraka
4-6 vs. Johny
5-5 vs. Liu Kang
3-7 vs. Mileena
6-4 vs Raiden
6-4 vs. Shang Tsung
7-3 vs. Sindel
7-3 vs. SubZero
This is BOLD. If you're going to put up numbers like that, I would think it's not unreasonable for an explanation, man.

Sorry for the lack of explanation but here I go...

Baraka has mix-ups, but he's a terribly slow attacker with no way to prevent Sektor's missile game outside of an EXBladeCharge.

Johny has the mix-ups, he's slow attacking but his "in-your-face" pressure game puts a kink in Sektor's game plan. Try as you might zone him with missiles but then you have an EXShadowKick on your way if he doesn't dash block in. Sektor cannot jump in without risking a pop-up attack from Johny. Sektor has to play it smart in this matchup as Johny can easily be all over you.

Mileena is a very aggresive fighter which doesn't mix well with the passive Sektor. In short...her sais are spammtastic and any missile that may get through only hits a vapor trail- as Mileena is sailing through the air ready to kick you. She is in close, now the fun begins. You want to block high? Its alright her low pokes and her combo-able low string get you. Block low? Get ready for a pelting of spilt kicks. What comes to light quickly is that Sektor can't outpoke the poke queen. Sektor can't jump as much because he may eat a tele kick or a air sai. Sektor v Mileena is like that of Sektor v Johny but Mileena has many more mays to get in and exposes flaws in Sektor's range game.

Liu Kang is similiar to the Johny match but attacks faster and has better projectiles...problem eh? Liu Kang doesn't have as many anti-air options as Johny...and a mobile Sektor is a dangerous Sektor.

Shang+SubZero+Sindel...their slow and rely on projectiles to control the pace of the game. Sektor destroys Shang with faster normals and being able to punish a wiff fireball. All Sindel has is her fireball...and she's usually in the air most of the time which translates to teleport uppercut combo. SubZero is slow and relies on pushes you the wall. Sektor can switch sides safely with an EXTeleportUppercut and punish his iceballs. Sektor just needs to be patient and he can take down Subby.

Raiden is honestly played up. I don't understand why folks think he's so dangerous. So what if he has good corner pressure? Other characters do too and do so much more gracefully (read Electric Fly). Raiden is pretty predictable- to a point. When long distance...teleporting is really all he does...Sektor can see tele and counter with [b+3,4]...Raiden has no options to control space- as long as you don't get Fly'd this is a relatively less stressful match up. Sektor has better projectiles in trade, EXTeleportUppercut and Homing Missile to get in and a low combo-string that leads into big damage.

And please excuse my bluntness in the matter. Sektor is a very good character that I believe can effectively beat some of the higher tier kombatants; however, his playstyle is less pressure orientated and more reserved than other folks. Effectively this means Sektor has to adapt to his opponent's game rather than introducing his own, thus turning the match against him in some match ups

There is no way Baraka loses that hard to Sektor. As for missiles? You can duck and dash through them with little to no repercussions. If Sektor does flamethrower and it's blocked, free blade charge. If Sektor does IATU and it's blocked because oh hey Baraka is walking, you get hit by Baraka and take 35%.

It's the fact that Baraka is a turtle-y pressure character with like 5 overheads and a good low starter that makes him scary. Sektor may need to do less than Baraka to win but in no way is it 8-2.

JC is faster than LK in everyway but walk speed. JC on the inside dominates Sektor. I agree with the 4-6

LK on the other hand is not even. LK cannot zone and you can u3 to avoid b3 if you wanna fish for 4xxTeleupper 6-4.

Sub Zero can slide your missiles on reaction and anti air your jumps with 22 freeze. And if you fake jump with IATU his 22 still hits behind him knocking you out of it and auto correct freeze lol. Don't think he's gonna set an ice clone and chuck ice from fullscreen against ANY teleport character. 5-5.

Shang and Sindel are both 6-4.

Raiden has pressure from EVERYWHERE. Not just the corner. Learn your matchups. 6-4 Raiden due to vicinity blast working on sektor.

JkOC

Noob
Good stuff Heroic_Legacy. Both posts Were helpful. Esp the first answered and cleared up the Scorpion and Sindel matches I asked about in an earlier post.
What do you guys think about the Rain match up?

There is no way Baraka loses that hard to Sektor. As for missiles? You can duck and dash through them with little to no repercussions. If Sektor does flamethrower and it's blocked, free blade charge. If Sektor does IATU and it's blocked because oh hey Baraka is walking, you get hit by Baraka and take 35%.

It's the fact that Baraka is a turtle-y pressure character with like 5 overheads and a good low starter that makes him scary. Sektor may need to do less than Baraka to win but in no way is it 8-2.

JC is faster than LK in everyway but walk speed. JC on the inside dominates Sektor. I agree with the 4-6

LK on the other hand is not even. LK cannot zone and you can u3 to avoid b3 if you wanna fish for 4xxTeleupper 6-4.

Sub Zero can slide your missiles on reaction and anti air your jumps with 22 freeze. And if you fake jump with IATU his 22 still hits behind him knocking you out of it and auto correct freeze lol. Don't think he's gonna set an ice clone and chuck ice from fullscreen against ANY teleport character. 5-5.

Raiden has pressure from EVERYWHERE. Not just the corner. Learn your matchups. 6-4 Raiden due to vicinity blast working on sektor.

I believe our disagreements are coming from our different assumptions and experiences in a matches. I've fought Kang whose fireball pressure wins out on Sektor's missiles. Sektor's missile wins on trade but Kangs fireballs can cover a lot more of the screen. I find matchups with Liu Kang difficult but manageable that's why I considered it a 5-5

Baraka has mix-ups like I said. I agree with you that 8-2 isn't correct, but Sektor's gameplay is a lot quicker than that of Baraka. I personally find it easy to overwhelm Baraka on the inside with Sektor's low and poke strings. The complication for Sektor is just learning NOT telegraph a cross over jump punch or jump in as Baraka has the tools to stop these. Sektor's dash is one of the quickest of the casts so he can compensate for his lack of jump-ins with rush downs.

Shang and Sindel are both 6-4? Why isn't the advantage more pronounced? Fireballs are certain to both of these character's game. Without them it's easy for Sektor to get in close and destroy them with his superior set of normals. Shang is slow so he's kind of helpless in the up close department unless he get's the first string off. Sindel will be spamming her tail off...that's what she does and what she's design to do. Sektor can TeleShoryuken his tail off againist a spamming Sindy. Up close Sindy will be trying to run away and Sektor has a gnarly dash...

Raiden pressure everywhere? Hardly...pressure from everywhere comes from the fact that he's always trying to get CLOSE. Honestly consider the matches where Raiden decided to zone you with fireballs instead of tele'ing in. Consider the matches when Raiden decided to jump his way in when he has better means of approach. Raiden would throw out an Electric Fly unless its in a combo or he does it midair, after all why risk getting stuffed after its blocked right. Vicinity Blast? I know the technique but I've considered it a defensive skill...and I've never seen a defensive Raiden. He'd much rather Fly your tail to the corner to try to trap you. Raiden is a corner player, everything at his disposal is meant from him to put you in the corner and keep you there. Then there is a Sektor. At range Sektor has the upper hand as his missiles trade to his advantage. Then there is Raiden's tele...at range its only a matter of time before Raiden tele's in. Which brings the pain from Sektor's pokes and low strings- which builds space...which leads to Electric Fly at midrange or tele at mid to far.

SubZero being a 5-5? I don't think so. SubZero's slide goes beneath Sektor's flamethrower at some ranges but doesn't go beneath missiles; SubZero's wakeup slide, however, does. You say to "not expect the Subzero to just throw out Iceballs" but you assume the Sektor will "jump-in or jump-in fake". When it comes to tools at their disposal it seems like a fairly even match but ultimately the match goes in Sektor's favor. Sektor's missile knockdown- greatly diminishing the damage Subby can get off on a successful Iceball hit. Subby does something like this...step in Iceclone...step back Iceball. This is punishable by a TeleShoryuken and a missile...Sub has to play a different game if he wants to compete.

I have had the match-ups and I have the experience. So I'd appreciate if you'd take what I brought up into consideration.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'd say Scorp matchup is 5-5. Scorp has to get in and an EN Teleport does just fine doing that since it is safe on block. It's possible to make his IATP safe by whiffing it at the right height like smoke can so that's another plus. Yes Sektor can react to anything except Flame Spear with IATU from full screen and he can zone Scorpion out for a majority of the match. Once Scorpion gets meter you kinda have to stop chucking missiles in general since EN Spear will just eat it via armor and you eat a combo now. Scorp and Sektor also have pretty much the same inside game with the exception that if Scorp hits you you're put into a reset and if Sektor hits you, full screen zoning.

6-4 Sindel matchup is definitely in Sektor's favor. She can't zone whatsoever because IATP will rape her. Her terrible wakeup game is highly abusable as well. Just crossover punch will beat scream and her weird front flip kick thing. If she wakes up low skull she whiffs and you whiff, but you can b3 4 combo her for it. Not to mention the most damage she does midscreen is at max 35% without X-Ray when we can pop out 40s from an anti air jumping kick.

And if worst comes to worst, Sindel's scream balls do 6%. Missiles do a lot more. Trades will easily be won by Sektor. And even then, he can just shoot up missiles out in between Sindel shots and force her to take damage or not shoot for a bit.
sindels flight ~ instant air fireballs hits sektors teleport because of how low to the ground she is and how it directly go to the spot sektor is teleporting from hitting him out of it. mid screen sindel can max at over 40% its just rarely seen because she doesnt get many combo oppurtunities like the rest of the cast. sindels fireballs do 8% all versions. sindels wake up is one of the decent ones in the game due to her having a 50/50 shot at one hitting. true her wake ups are killed by the cross up but thats when the sindel player will either stay on the ground or wake up with a jump back punch or kick. low firebals go under missles so no trades there just her hitting you. use flight cancel to bait out a teleport by sektor. and speaking about wake ups, sektor doesnt have good wake up himself --> sindel player can dash up and d+4/3 and use step up.

i do agree that sektor has a slight advantage in this match up but its so slight its 5-5 ~ 5.5-4.5.. we should play to see how the other plays their character.. the wrist has a good one as well as slimjim dude or whatever it is LOL

Shang Tsung doesn't suffer much from Sektor's pressure at all considering he's dealing with it from every character that can't zone him out.

Missiles and ground skulls trade evenly most of the time and teleuppers lose to ground skull because frankly you can't teleport through a skull in your nuts.

The advantage in this matchup comes from the fact that around midscreen Shang suffers greatly when you can stand in between his close and mid ground skulls forcing him to do something from a jump or a random soul steal attempt. Homing missiles shut him down completely once he's knocked down. If he does any skull the missile hits him out of the startup so its not just a trade situation it's a 'he has nothing to stop this'. If EN Soul Steal had a larger hitbox I'd say it'd be a good counter but it doesn't have nearly the vertical height it needs to be justified.

And he has very little anti air outside of b+1 and the occasional lucky upskull.

Rain gets raped. Sektor does everything Rain does but better (Outside of wakeup)

Robotic

Gentleman.

Sektroll needs to stop fuckin around and get in here. :D Assuming these matchups are going to be changed (I've cross references with the other matchup threads and the kommunity agrees, for the most part), Sektors looks to be sitting pretty in the tier list.

Robotic

Gentleman.
6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
6-4 vs Cyrax **
5-5 vs Ermac
xxx vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
6-4 vs Jax
6-4 vs Johnny Cage
5-5 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
xxx vs Kenshi
5-5 vs Kitana **
4-6 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang <-- I'm not sold on this one. Can we get some Kang v Sektor discussion in here?
5-5 vs Mileena
6-4 vs Nightwolf **
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi **
4-6 vs Raiden
xxx vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile **
5-5 vs Scorpion ??
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
7-3 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel
xxx vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
6-4 vs Sonya Blade ??
5-5 vs Stryker <-- new adjustment due to Vulcan Hades' input.
5-5 vs Sub-Zero

Updated with Liu Kang concerns and new stryker matchup info. Also, I think the Sonya matchup is even with my experience here. She can close distance real fast and her combos have little recovery. Her d4 is annoying. Sektor actually has a pretty hard time comboing in this matchup. I'll hold off on changing the Sonya matchup so a discussion can be had about it.

4-6 vs Liu Kang <-- I'm not sold on this one. Can we get some Kang v Sektor discussion in here?
I main Liu Kang and Sektor is my third most played character, although somehow I haven't played much of either side of this matchup. I don't think it's great for Sektor, though. To interrupt Liu Kang's frame traps you need a move 8 frames or faster or a move with armor. As far as I know none of Sektor's specials fit either criteria, so all he's got are low pokes and uppercut. Well I guess uppercut is pretty good. Also as far as I'm aware the low string comes out faster than Sektor's b34, not sure if it comes out faster than his 12b1 string.

From range Sektor's probably got the advantage. I know for a fact that his missile is one of the projectiles that Liu Kang can't duck under using low fireball. I don't know if his hitbox lowers when he fires missiles or flames, that's kind of important because that can sometimes make instant air fireballs not hit standing opponents.

I dunno, the more I think about this the more I think it might actually be 5-5. This is all theoretical though.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I main Liu Kang and Sektor is my third most played character, although somehow I haven't played much of either side of this matchup. I don't think it's great for Sektor, though. To interrupt Liu Kang's frame traps you need a move 8 frames or faster or a move with armor. As far as I know none of Sektor's specials fit either criteria, so all he's got are low pokes and uppercut. Well I guess uppercut is pretty good. Also as far as I'm aware the low string comes out faster than Sektor's b34, not sure if it comes out faster than his 12b1 string.

From range Sektor's probably got the advantage. I know for a fact that his missile is one of the projectiles that Liu Kang can't duck under using low fireball. I don't know if his hitbox lowers when he fires missiles or flames, that's kind of important because that can sometimes make instant air fireballs not hit standing opponents.

I dunno, the more I think about this the more I think it might actually be 5-5. This is all theoretical though.
Mcpeanuts stepping up and discussing Liu Kang! Thanks man.

A quick thing about this matchup. You play LK, I play Sek. You already know my game plan = keep distance, damage from afar and build meter. I know yours = Get in and combo me to oblivion. If I play very well, you have no way in. In fact, you have to burn meter to get in safely. You eventually get in and begin a combo, too late man, I've already built plenty of meter. Breaker, and depending on what I feel like, I get my ass back to my corner and zone more until you make a mistake since I have the life lead anyway OR I apply pressure because, as you know, Sektor CAN rush down if he wants. This is a total uphill battle for Liu Kang. From a distance ADVANTAGE SEKTOR.

Liu is super scary up close, I will concede that. If you are playing very well, you getting in is an inevitability and I will have to use breaker constantly to survive the different looks you are giving me. Meter gone, no EXTU to get out of the corner, no homing missile to interupt offense, damn. Up close, ADVANTAGE LIU KANG.

Take both points: Sek v. Kang is 5-5. I take it this converstation is just beginning though...