What's new

Sektor Gameplay Discussion

Why

Noob
Is it ever more appropriate to use b+2,1 instead of b+2, burner after teleport punch? Burner seems to do extra damage and can be enhanced for finishing rounds so what advantage does b+2,1 have over it?

sebiel

Noob
I imagine b21 might be better if you have a matchup against a character that you can zone with missiles. It'll knock down and send them farther away from you. If you want to play jumpin crossover games against someone's wakeup, b2 xx missile works in some combos, which deals the same damage as the flame but gets a close knockdown.

I'm a huge fan of b2 xx flame though <3

DaeDraug

Noob
Tere is a combo that leves opp really far away from you, and ends with burner.
TU, b+2,1, dash, 1, dash, 1,1 xx burner 30% no metter.
Its my current fav off TU ^^

Has anyone here had any real success with the homing missile?
So before I think I said homing missile is nice but I don't use it...now I feel like if you're not you've got issues. Homing missile is super good lol. Maybe I'm living in a dream world but my X Missiles-> mixups have been working very well. No, not just online, I got second in the Columbus monthly losing to PR Balrog's Raiden in winners and grand finals (Raiden is a cheap bastard lol). Let's see, the good things about x missiles:
  • You can combo from full screen on hit (duh)
  • They can't press any buttons except xray or they get hit. No, it doesn't go away if they throw you
  • It helps you get in
  • It gives you a free hi/low/throw mixup if they block
Seriously, this shit is so funny, I got hit with an xray and it was just spinning in a circle around their character until it finally hit the ground midway through. If you're fullscreen vs a non tele character you can homing missile, straight missile, up front missile, straight missile for good lockdown.

Seb, I totally agree, there is nothing wrong with :l+:bp xx Flamethrower as an ender and I think it's really good. I use it a lot.

Lastly, I've had trouble with good Raidens, Kano, and Nightwolf. Damn it.

YLearn

Noob
homing missle, jump punch, 1,2,b1,jump kick, tele, jump kick, EX tele, b2,1. good for 12 hits 53%. without the missle and jump punch, you get a 10 hit, 44%.

sorry if this was posted before.

FlyMike

-----
Any known frame data on Sek's normals and moves?

And what is 1,2,4 even for?

It´s hard to say this but playing and playing with Sektor I´m notice that it´s a character made for youtube combo videos, yeah, nice damage,just 1 bar, beautiful...but how this combo begins?
-A Missile you can block perfectly because it´s so slow ?
-An unsafe teleport?
-A simple H,H,H, string?
The missile is essentially the mixup, and the idea is to not telegraph missiles but rather throw them out when opponent is on the move and you're relatively safe enough to risk it. They're meant to be annoying. From fullscreen, if missile hits you confirm->teleport->combo. If you're within range of opponent, this is where the combo you're talking about comes into play. You're not throwing missile as first hit of this long combo that's probably going to get breaker'ed anyway. You're throwing missile to see how opponent reacts and then you followup accordingly.
If missile actually hits, good job. Take your pick, but you easily get over 50% if you got a stock of meter and they don't have 2 bars.
If they're blocking missile high, you can go for grab or lows/low->launcher.
If they're smart enough to realize you should essentially just block Sek low most of the time, then you still can attempt grab or go for neutral jump punch or up+3 overheads if you recognize quickly.

homing missle, jump punch, 1,2,b1,jump kick, tele, jump kick, EX tele, b2,1. good for 12 hits 53%. without the missle and jump punch, you get a 10 hit, 44%.

sorry if this was posted before.
Yea that's mad old. Also you can/should substitute the first jumpkick->tele with f+2,2->tele and the second jumpkick->ex tele relaunch with b+3, 2->ex tele. I can't remember if it even does more in this particular combo though. The damage scaling in this game is really weird at times.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Hey guys, I´ve found a difference between sektor and human Sektor, it´s a nonsense but it´s true:
When you perform the Fatality 2 with Human sektor the opponent does not sream when the screw impact... but when you took robot sektor your opponent begin to scream before screw opens.... it´s silly but it happens ;)
I´m sure there is a difference in gameplay but i have not find it yet

sebiel

Noob
Man, anyone know what to do against Raiden that pressures after a blocked 334? I used to use the threat of X-Ray to get the pressure off me, but Damdai found out that if Raiden does d3, Sektor's armor activates and the X-Ray comes out, but is not fast enough to hit Raiden in recovery... now I'm just getting mauled to death slowly via normal chip

FlyMike

-----
He doesn't have any "get the fuck off me" moves, that's why I was wondering if anyone had any frames so I could attempt to combat shit like that. I've been using 2,1 to try to interrupt pressure after certain strings. I don't know if it's faster or near same speed as standing jab, but it seems to work better for me right now. And to stop lockdown on wakeup, crouching jab has that Virtua Fighter-esque type of priority.

In that situation, it does seem like it's either get chipped to death or eat it to hopefully escape (if you live) and try to get back on even ground. Pretty pathetic lol.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
It´s obvious Sektor main dissadvantage is...... nearly everything but the MOST is against teleport characters and rushdown chars.

1- Against teleport characters DONT USE MISSILES¡¡¡, they are soo slow... you have attack jumping with BK and try to hit to chain with teleupper and the rest of the combo. Other strategy is to defend keeping the mid range with B1 and stop the jump ins with the flame.With this chars use flame better than B2,1 to avoid tele wake ups

2-Against rushdown chars you have to ... SCAPE and keep zoning and zoning... my tactics to evade pressure is jump backwards with quick BK and combo with teleupper, another is to roll back and then flame, but i prefer the first one. When you gain distance i like to B2,1 them better than flame because next step i do is a short missile than nearly allways connects because most people with rush chars allways come to Sektor...so you throw a short missile and see... if the other jump in or walk then you prepare for the teleupper and free combo finishing with B2,1 and again... if your opp. is scared then normal straight misiile and up misiile...

please every Sektor player tell everybody your strategy... ;)

Yes, sektor is weak but is Freaking awesome :banana:

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
X ray in combos is not a smart option, they are just for "youtube videos", just spend meter in EX-combos most of time....

And .... playing online you NEVER gonna make a combo beginning with an up missile at close distance.... your opponent may be blind or stupid....and if you miss your opp. has a free combo.

Again, Sektor is a character with amazing combos made for practice mode, but the problem is how to make them online... the strings are

a)quick ones are sooo bad: (H,H,H) and close
b) low ones or overhead are soooo slow (B3,4....) (U3,4)
c)predictible(up missile) and unsafe

It is very frustrating to have your style mesh with Sektor only to get out zoned by a faster character. Plus it seems like I have to EX TU in order to get any juggle opportunities.

FlyMike

-----
And .... playing online you NEVER gonna make a combo beginning with an up missile at close distance.... your opponent may be blind or stupid....and if you miss your opp. has a free combo.

Again, Sektor is a character with amazing combos made for practice mode, but the problem is how to make them online... the strings are

a)quick ones are sooo bad: (H,H,H) and close
b) low ones or overhead are soooo slow (B3,4....) (U3,4)
c)predictible(up missile) and unsafe
Yo stop making posts based on online experiences or because you're setting stuff up improperly.

a) His only "bad" string is 1,2,4 and that's only because I think he can prob be jabbed out of it before the 4.

b) B+3 is slow? Are you kidding me? You must be playing on dial-up. You know how many charas would give for a low launcher that's relatively safe, or a low launcher at all? U+3 cat stance is supposed to be used to mix your opponent up on wakeup. People wakeup with a bunch of shit at times, and some characters it's useless against(Raiden, Kung Lao) but you're supposed to condition them. Anytime you had an opponent stalling or blocking for a quick sec could've been a potential U+3. You can go into low launcher from it or overhead launcher. It's not meant to be used for dash up rushdown unless you've just got your opponent froze like that.

c) Again, you've got the wrong idea. You're probably spamming up missile, telegraphing it, or doing it at inappropriate times. You don't always use up missile for opponent to get HIT with it. As I said in previous post, it's used to start a mixup. If you're fullscreen and recognize it connects, you can confirm into teleport. If it doesn't, oh well. If you're midscreen, and it connects, you can still confirm into combos. If opponent blocks standing, you can go into low launcher or grab. If they block low, you can into grab or quick U+3 overhead. If you use it at unsafe times, or don't profit from the risk, that's on you.

Stop putting so much emphasis on what works during online play. It is a completely different experience than local play in every fg, and especially this one. The strategies posted here are meant to be viewed for local offline play and if someone applies it for online play, it is understood that crazy shit may occur. It is what it is.

I found this combo by accident at a tourney this weekend. In corner:

j.p, 1,2,B+1, j.k->EX Tele, B+2,1, 1,2 1,2, flamethrower 54% (59% with an up missile starter)

The thing that's kinda significant is that for some reason the EX tele doesn't switch sides and put YOU in corner, allowing you to continue combo on wall. And I've only noticed it does this on j.k->EX tele in corner, but on naked j.k it's tricky and has to be executed fast. 1,2,B+1 is the only raw pop up in corner that gives a j.k to my knowledge unless it's AA B+2,1.

Other stuff is if you launch or confirm into a tele in corner, you can dash under them after the pop up and continue a combo on wall but because the timing is so strict you may only be able to get a few hits that's not worth the damage or the effort when you could've just negated a teleport and went for B+2,1 -> jabs/strings->flame/missle ender.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Sorry about expressing my opinioin(what I express is just that, my opinion), sorry because I can only play online matches, i have no local community to play with,and yes, i feel that b+3 is slow(maybe is just my feeling)....,another thing .... if you wait to hit-confirm an upmissile to follow up with tele during online matches it will wiff, for sure.

Anyone else notice if you do the EX H.Missle, you can force them to eat the rocket damage if you manage to get a throw in before the rocket hits?

You would get knocked back from the missle exploding but suffer no damage. Good for extreme turtle players.

XEVILCl0wnX

I'm in a near character crisis.
His damn missles are weird, and they have a small hitbox, so I think a Homing missle is necessary for all characters (Unless you want to mess around with his other up missle versions for absolute mindgames)... Friggin Teleport Uppercut is his only wakeup attack possible, but you gotta watch whenever someone is being turtlish (defending a lot). And whenever someone is turtlish, you gotta throw, a lot. I think the only mindgaming advantage that Sektor's got is his :l+:fk, :bk, which is comboable into teleport, and can open up some combos. Sadly, I don't think Sektor has anything other than that.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't know if anyone else agrees or not but I think they need to increase the speed of his X-ray missle, the start up just seems so damn slow IMO...

XEVILCl0wnX

I don't know if anyone else agrees or not but I think they need to increase the speed of his X-ray missle, the start up just seems so damn slow IMO...
Actually, not really, there's a reason for the start up, for the one reason it should end after a juggle. It's one of the most comboable X-Rays out there, plus it's ray to have a projectile as an X-Ray. Plus, who wants to use an X-Ray as Sektor has pretty awesome pressuring EX specials?

Characters that doesn't have viable wake up moves I like to bulldog by either using the mixup b3, 4 or u3, 4. They're pretty much forced to a guessing game between taking the high or low high. I do this after his b2, 1 ender. He can dash in quick enough to combo on their wake up.

If they do have a viable wake up, I just change the way how I usually do his combo ender from b2, 1 to b2, Flamethrower dash in and then mix them up from there. I'm pretty sure that someone can punish this as he can dash in, but I haven't played against anyone to do so just yet.

Hey i feel noobish to join this forum so late but I literally just picked up sektor this morning and he is awesome! I am making him one of my mains up with sub zero and kung lao. From what I've read a lot of ppl have problems with rushdown characters keeping him pressured. Ik i have the same problem....the only thing i can think of is u3. otherwise he doesn't seem to have anything else. if u have good prediction skills you can use the up missile to its best. But unfortunately the only opponent i have to play is my brother and its easy to know that he'll advance so front hitting up missile is a must. But idk any advice on predicting which direction people are gonna go for the missile?

XEVILCl0wnX

Hey i feel noobish to join this forum so late but I literally just picked up sektor this morning and he is awesome! I am making him one of my mains up with sub zero and kung lao. From what I've read a lot of ppl have problems with rushdown characters keeping him pressured. Ik i have the same problem....the only thing i can think of is u3. otherwise he doesn't seem to have anything else. if u have good prediction skills you can use the up missile to its best. But unfortunately the only opponent i have to play is my brother and its easy to know that he'll advance so front hitting up missile is a must. But idk any advice on predicting which direction people are gonna go for the missile?
Get your brother to play Kung Lao (he's one of the best rushdown characters), out of all the comments I've seen, no one experiments with the other up missles, I'm not talking about the Homing Missle, there's more commands for Up missles. I've been wonder what would happen if my opponent was rushing on me, and trying the Up missile (Ahead), and stopping my opponent. U3 isn't really that useful unless you do an overhead, or just to jump over low projectiles without having to get punished (which is U3, 4) His back B3, 4, however, is beastly, it's a low hit into high hit, and as soon as you get the hit confirm, it allows easy combos to teleports, although, I think if the opponent is ducking, I think the high hit will miss, not sure... Gotta experiment more.

Get your brother to play Kung Lao (he's one of the best rushdown characters), out of all the comments I've seen, no one experiments with the other up missles, I'm not talking about the Homing Missle, there's more commands for Up missles. I've been wonder what would happen if my opponent was rushing on me, and trying the Up missile (Ahead), and stopping my opponent. U3 isn't really that useful unless you do an overhead, or just to jump over low projectiles without having to get punished (which is U3, 4) His back B3, 4, however, is beastly, it's a low hit into high hit, and as soon as you get the hit confirm, it allows easy combos to teleports, although, I think if the opponent is ducking, I think the high hit will miss, not sure... Gotta experiment more.
If your opponent is really good at reads, then eventually you'll have to fake them out with the overhead by doing the u3, 3, 4. I have yet to face anyone to get a proper read on it yet, but its still something you want to make sure you have down. And the High hit will miss if you're really close on a ducking opponent.

How is everyone dealing with keeping momentum if a character is really turtling your attacks and has options to counter your zoning attacks(such as Smoke)? I tend not to have a problem against these characters unless they're really good at keeping defense. I'm still trying to figure out my gameplan with this.