What's new

Sektor Bug : MUST be fixed

I dont think its intentional at all. Just like how the JIP glitch and smoke reset, it is consistent but it is still a bug in the game.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I have noticed this with Sektor but like some others chalked it up to online. If it is a built in way to stop pressure I don't understand that at all.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
*notices the UMK3 gear* Just to make sure Ketchup, you did make sure this isn't costume specific right? (sorry if you mentioned it in the video, I can't listen to it right now though, lol) I'm sure it's just a universal collision detection issue though.

hes like, the only character without cheap crap, sucks the only dirt he has is actually a hindrance to him lol
That's part of the reason why I picked him up, he was obviously relatively easy to balance considering his tools and I don't have worry about my finds getting nerfed.
Anyways, coming up to quarter past 3, better start making a move for Gamerbase. :p

It is a bug either way you paint the picture. I doubt it's to prevent unfair pressure from specials and whatnot. Noob Saibot has a devastating corner game and the upknee special and I have yet to run into an invisible wall. In my honest opinion, I think the corner properties in this game are just bugged out. There have been times where I am jumping out of the corner and my character does the motion and animation to jump out of the corner but he jumps towards the corner, if that makes any sense.....

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Hey TYM.

This is a bug that sektor has in the corner that can put a wet rag on his corner pressure at close jump distance. For those who don't get the video, when the missile lands on block, sektor will stop in his tracks mid jump and hit an invisible wall. This makes his air attack miss and his pressure is over. As they're been jailed by the Um it's lost pressure he could have had, plus the video demonstrates an ideal situation being put on blast by said bug.

Not sure if others know about it, just putting it out there as i'm sending it to NRS.

Could it be a bug for his MK3 costume ? Cause i ve played alot with Nikollas and we never encountered something like that. Did you test this with his other costumes too ?

*notices the UMK3 gear* Just to make sure Ketchup, you did make sure this isn't costume specific right? (sorry if you mentioned it in the video, I can't listen to it right now though, lol) I'm sure it's just a universal collision detection issue though.
Could it be a bug for his MK3 costume ? Cause i ve played alot with Nikollas and we never encountered something like that. Did you test this with his other costumes too ?
I just checked and it happens across all three costumes.

This is fuuuuuucked.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is not just a Sektor thing. The corner has some wierd properties for all characters in specific situations.

With Kitana, put any character in the corner on blocking always and crouching. Stand right next to them and repeatedly do iAFs (they have to hit them blocking) and watch as Kitana magically flips backwards and floats closer to them again lol

This is not just a Sektor thing. The corner has some wierd properties for all characters in specific situations.

With Kitana, put any character in the corner on blocking always and crouching. Stand right next to them and repeatedly do iAFs (they have to hit them blocking) and watch as Kitana magically flips backwards and floats closer to them again lol
HAHA I haven't seen that yet, gotta try it. Just as I figured the corners seem to be buggy universally.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
To be honest with everyone, i hope stuff like this is fixed,i know some people want characters nerfed and all that. but in a hotfix, things like THIS are what really need to go.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice, hey I've noticed that "invisible wall" glitch online and off occassionally when I'm jumping in on someone, what's up with that? anyone else experience this? With any character I mean, rarely happens but has happened to me. Haven't been in the glitch section much of late so if this is old, my apologies

Sektor is ass. 12b1 needs to become unblockable from max range or even punishing range. 1 isn't stunning long enough. Kills the character. Proper risk/reward ratio = balanced fighting games. This means i risk eating 30% for trying to reward myself with 30%. The current risk/reward is 40%/2% (combo/d1). That's not balanced. Fix the blockstun, then Sektor could move in sooner and do his thing. This wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for the blockstun. Please fix it.

Wow. That sucks. This has happened to me, but I also thought it was due to online. Hopefully this gets fixed in the komplete edition.

PND_Ketchup

Sektor is ass. 12b1 needs to become unblockable from max range or even punishing range. 1 isn't stunning long enough. Kills the character. Proper risk/reward ratio = balanced fighting games. This means i risk eating 30% for trying to reward myself with 30%. The current risk/reward is 40%/2% (combo/d1). That's not balanced. Fix the blockstun, then Sektor could move in sooner and do his thing. This wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for the blockstun. Please fix it.
The move wiffing means it's meant to be used as a punish, not as an aggressive move. You're not supposed to lay into them with sektor, unless you have an UM covering your back.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
You have to give up on 12b1 unless you get a jip from an up missile. I think what really holds Sektor back is b34 being punishable since it whiffs unless from the perfect spot. For a few characters there is no sweet spot: Mileena, Jax, and Sektor (lol his worst match up by far!).

Sektor's not ass, but Mustard hit something that's a great point. In a world where lot of the A and S tier characters have some retarded gimmick that makes them great; Sektor is one of the only strait forward and honest characters in the game.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
I encountered this while fighting a reptile last night. I blocked an ex forceball and he tried to get a jump in punch and bam, hit by the wall. They should leave it. I would have been toast without it. Just Kidding.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
This is definitely intentional. It only happens during blockstun. I stumbled upon this while playing casuals with test your might. At first I thought it was a parry, like it only happens if i block it at the right time. Then I realized as long as you block the missile it will cause that invisible wall. If you start your jump as soon as the missile leaves then you won't notice a difference. I think this is retarded and should definitely be fixed. I can't imagine what was going through their head when they implemented this.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

PND_Ketchup

You have to give up on 12b1 unless you get a jip from an up missile. I think what really holds Sektor back is b34 being punishable since it whiffs unless from the perfect spot. For a few characters there is no sweet spot: Mileena, Jax, and Sektor (lol his worst match up by far!).

Sektor's not ass, but Mustard hit something that's a great point. In a world where lot of the A and S tier characters have some retarded gimmick that makes them great; Sektor is one of the only strait forward and honest characters in the game.
Is the sektor mirror your least favorite match too? lol.

PND_Ketchup

I absolutely refuse to play sektor mirrors. They are just too random and too dumb. Everytime I fight another Sektor player, I pull out someone else.
Whenever someone gives me a sektor mirror it feels like i'm being counterpicked!