What's new

Sektor Bug : MUST be fixed

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey TYM.

This is a bug that sektor has in the corner that can put a wet rag on his corner pressure at close jump distance. For those who don't get the video, when the missile lands on block, sektor will stop in his tracks mid jump and hit an invisible wall. This makes his air attack miss and his pressure is over. As they're been jailed by the Um it's lost pressure he could have had, plus the video demonstrates an ideal situation being put on blast by said bug.

Not sure if others know about it, just putting it out there as i'm sending it to NRS.

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
I had this happen online by accident, but didn't put much thought into it, just thought it was lag.

sent from my phone using a free version of tapatalk. hehe

PND_Ketchup

I had this happen online by accident, but didn't put much thought into it, just thought it was lag.

sent from my phone using a free version of tapatalk. hehe
I thought that at first, but it's happened to me multiple times and i had to get to the bottom of it.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yuck. I've had this happen to me a few times, but I attributed it to online. Good to know!

PND_Ketchup

Nothing new...the same thing happens to Shang in certain situations. It is a built in way to stop pressure. It's dumb I agree but common just the same
I'm aware it's been there for a while, i'm putting it up here for those that don't know it. That's kinda the point lol.

if it's built in, FUCK THAT.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Lost a tournament match to this once. The other player told me it happens to his character as well. What is at least "okay" about this is that it is at a range that doesn't effect the corner up missile traps, but instead that very specific range right outside the corner.

Thank you very much for sending to NRS.

In a time where other players are finding major exploits for their characters that send them into God Tier and beyond... Sektor get's shit that loses him matches.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Why does it happen to each character with up specials? At least it's consistent. I don't like it but I wouldn't call it a bug. Its almost like a different kind of juggle gravity.

PND_Ketchup

Lost a tournament match to this once. The other player told me it happens to his character as well. What is at least "okay" about this is that it is at a range that doesn't effect the corner up missile traps, but instead that very specific range right outside the corner.

In a time where other players are finding major exploits for their characters that send them into God Tier and beyond... Sektor get's shit that loses him matches.
Yeah it's like i said in the vid, you can always F2 instead and all that. But the fact sektor straight up can't jump in after a 1,2,2 that puts them in the corner is ultra lame, if someone knows that sektors offensive options are limited there.

I saw the irony in that too lmao.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter

hes like, the only character without cheap crap, sucks the only dirt he has is actually a hindrance to him lol

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Why does it happen to each character with up specials? At least it's consistent. I don't like it but I wouldn't call it a bug. Its almost like a different kind of juggle gravity.
It's not just up specials. It happens to Reptile with his force ball. It seems to be projectiles that aid into more pressure, leaving me to believe it isn't a bug but just bad game design instead. What seemed like a bug before was the random factor; it seems Ketchup found the sweet spot that triggers it however.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
wow, if nrs did this deliberately i expect a full reason as to why they could POSSIBLY think that was a good idea.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Yeah it's like i said in the vid, you can always F2 instead and all that. But the fact sektor straight up can't jump in after a 1,2,2 that puts them in the corner is ultra lame, if someone knows that sektors offensive options are limited there.

I saw the irony in that too lmao.
Do you have any good news about the PM I sent you or was it just a laggy TV I was on? Perhaps all is not lost... but it probably is.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
hmm, well we need to seriously think about this, if it happens to sektor/shang/reptile do you think its a bug or intentional?

would these 3 characters getting some really good blockstrings off of specials REALLY be that bad? i dont see how it could even remotely be seen as unfair personally.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
hmm, well we need to seriously think about this, if it happens to sektor/shang/reptile do you think its a bug or intentional?

would these 3 characters getting some really good blockstrings off of specials REALLY be that bad? i dont see how it could even remotely be seen as unfair personally.
I don't either... compared to what some of the cast as instead. It's just too consistent to look like a bug. We'll see if we get a word from NRS on this.

I'm giving myself till SFxT to find something retarded about Sektor or else it's time to pick up Yoshi/Vega instead. :rolleyes:

PND_Ketchup

Thing is, sektor can do it anywhere else on screen. It makes very little difference if you're in the corner as the outcome will be similar anywhere, only difference is that on hit you get a corner combo instead of a standard one.

very confusing.